SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10382
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:13 am

Eastern Washington has been a run-first team this year, and nobody's been able to run on Maine all season. Does that mean this game is Maine's to win? No. Eric Barriere is no Gage Gubrud, but he still appears to be better than anything Maine has at QB. Another concern for the Black Bears is that they're a defensive team with a terrible punting game. As long as the ghosts of recent playoffs past don't get to the Eagles (they're 0-3 at home in the semis since winning the title in 2010), they should come away with a hard-fought victory.

Here's my assessment of the matchups & my pick for the game:



        Quarterbacks -- EWU

        Running Backs - EWU

        Receivers/TEs - Maine

        Offensive Line - EWU


        Defensive Line - Maine

        Linebackers --- Maine

        Secondary ---- EWU


        Kicking ------ EWU

        Punting ------ EWU

        Return Teams - Maine

        Kickoffs ------ EWU





          Maine 24-34 EWU

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 22956
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby Gil Dobie » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:21 am

Sounds about right
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 40808
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby kalm » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:41 am

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Eastern Washington has been a run-first team this year, and nobody's been able to run on Maine all season. Does that mean this game is Maine's to win? No. Eric Barriere is no Gage Gubrud, but he still appears to be better than anything Maine has at QB. Another concern for the Black Bears is that they're a defensive team with a terrible punting game. As long as the ghosts of recent playoffs past don't get to the Eagles (they're 0-3 at home in the semis since winning the title in 2010), they should come away with a hard-fought victory.

Here's my assessment of the matchups & my pick for the game:



        Quarterbacks -- EWU

        Running Backs - EWU

        Receivers/TEs - Maine

        Offensive Line - EWU


        Defensive Line - Maine

        Linebackers --- Maine

        Secondary ---- EWU


        Kicking ------ EWU

        Punting ------ EWU

        Return Teams - Maine

        Kickoffs ------ EWU





          Maine 24-34 EWU


Nailed it.

Maine's defensive stat numbers with sacks, tfl's, and pbu's are off the charts good. They'll be tough to run on but some plays can be made through the air.

The offense did not look good at all last week against Weber. They need Ferguson to have a good game, break a big play or two in the run game and special teams.

I'd be surprised if we score 34 on them.
Image
Image
Image

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10382
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:53 am

kalm wrote:
Nailed it.

Maine's defensive stat numbers with sacks, tfl's, and pbu's are off the charts good. They'll be tough to run on but some plays can be made through the air.


The stats for their starting 3 linebackers are insane: 48 TFLs, 21.5 sacks :shock:

I'd be surprised if we score 34 on them.


I figure EWU will get some short fields.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51472
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby 93henfan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:44 am

Don't care what Maine does, but I do hope EWU loses.

formerEag
Level1
Level1
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:40 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby formerEag » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:30 pm

93henfan wrote:Don't care what Maine does, but I do hope EWU loses.


20-19 :coffee:

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51472
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby 93henfan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:07 pm

formerEag wrote:
93henfan wrote:Don't care what Maine does, but I do hope EWU loses.


20-19 :coffee:


19-13-7 (gotta give the refs some credit)

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 22956
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby Gil Dobie » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:37 pm

35-17 Egals
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
crixus
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:00 pm
I am a fan of: South Dakota State

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby crixus » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:49 pm

I hate Smurf Turfs, go Black Bears!
Go Jacks!

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10382
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:00 pm

crixus wrote:I hate Smurf Turfs, go Black Bears!


I think you should adjust the color on your TV. :?

User avatar
crixus
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:00 pm
I am a fan of: South Dakota State

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby crixus » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:02 am

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
crixus wrote:I hate Smurf Turfs, go Black Bears!


I think you should adjust the color on your TV. :?


EWU's turf is red. Smurf Turf is a nickname for any football field that isn't green. Not just Boise State's blue.
Go Jacks!

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 40808
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby kalm » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:53 am

crixus wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
I think you should adjust the color on your TV. :?


EWU's turf is red. Smurf Turf is a nickname for any football field that isn't green. Not just Boise State's blue.


Yeah...it couldn’t possibly describe the color. Must be one of the other many things in common between smurfs and college football. :ohno:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 22956
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby Gil Dobie » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:16 am

What's the weather like today for the battle on the Smurf turf.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51472
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby 93henfan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:26 am

Gil Dobie wrote:What's the weather like today for the battle on the Smurf turf.


At kickoff, on the SmurfTurf™, per TWC:

36F (feels like 29F)
0% precip
79% humidity
Wind SSW 10mph

Another nice warm weather game for Maine.

User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 35781
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby Grizalltheway » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:03 am

crixus wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
I think you should adjust the color on your TV. :?


EWU's turf is red. Smurf Turf is a nickname for any football field that isn't green. Not just Boise State's blue.

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4663
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby UNI88 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:41 am

crixus wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
I think you should adjust the color on your TV. :?


EWU's turf is red. Smurf Turf is a nickname for any football field that isn't green. Not just Boise State's blue.
Smurfs are blue, Smurf turf refers to a blue field. Try something different for Roos, maybe something Elmo related (and Central Arkansas could be Barney related).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51472
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: RE: Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby 93henfan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:59 am

UNI88 wrote:
crixus wrote:
EWU's turf is red. Smurf Turf is a nickname for any football field that isn't green. Not just Boise State's blue.
Smurfs are blue, Smurf turf refers to a blue field. Try something different for Roos, maybe something Elmo related (and Central Arkansas could be Barney related).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Maxi-Pad™ had been popular for some number of years until it was determined to be SmurfTurf™.

I'll go with whatever you prefer. I'm not an argumentative person.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4663
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby UNI88 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:04 am

93henfan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Smurfs are blue, Smurf turf refers to a blue field. Try something different for Roos, maybe something Elmo related (and Central Arkansas could be Barney related).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Maxi-Pad had been popular for some number of years until it was determined to be SmurfTurf.

I'll go with whatever you prefer. I'm not an argumentative person.


MaxiPad, Tampax, RagOOS, and similar are also acceptable names. Whatever aunt floats your boat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51472
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby 93henfan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:08 am

Is there a setting on modern 4K Ultra HD TVs to revert to black and white?

Asking for a friend.

User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 35781
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: RE: Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby Grizalltheway » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:35 am

93henfan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Smurfs are blue, Smurf turf refers to a blue field. Try something different for Roos, maybe something Elmo related (and Central Arkansas could be Barney related).

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Maxi-Pad™ had been popular for some number of years until it was determined to be SmurfTurf™.

I'll go with whatever you prefer. I'm not an argumentative person.

Yes you are.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51472
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby 93henfan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Maine is a turnover machine today. This is gonna get ugly early.

My God is NDSU going to destroy EWU. :lol: They look like midgets compared to NDSU.

User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 35781
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby Grizalltheway » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:43 pm

CAA defense baby!

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7772
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby SeattleGriz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Grizalltheway wrote:CAA defense baby!


:lol:
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51472
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby 93henfan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Who bragged about CAA defenses, or even the CAA in 2018 on this website? Serious question.

The CAA is DREADFUL. I've been saying it all year. All of FCS, beside NDSU, is dreadful.

We had people saying SDSU was almost as good, and they were curb-stomped and ass-diddled by NDSU last night.

I did find it hilarious that Maine beat the Big Sky co-champion and tournament #2 handily last week, but I certainly never bragged on the CAA.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51472
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: SF - (7) Maine @ (3) EWU

Postby 93henfan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Just noticed Maine wears New Balance uniforms.

Is anybody else anywhere outfitted for football by NB?

I know the P5 is entirely outfitted by Nike, Adidas, or Under Armour. I think I've still seen some Russell Athletic uniforms on some low-budget FCS teams. But NB I haven't seen. In doing some Googling, I saw that they outfitted Central Michigan a decade ago, but no other mention.


Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GrizMadman and 44 guests