Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Semifinal Week - Breakdown

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:25 am

Playoffs

SDSU 21-44 NDSU
MAINE 19-50 EWU

Best Performance: (#1) North Dakota St. 44, (#5) South Dakota St. 21 - The Bison rack up 608 yards of offense to keep the potent Jackrabbits well at bay.

Worst Performance: (#7) Maine 19, (#3) Eastern Washington 50 - The Black Bears commit 4 turnovers and allow a season-worst 216 rushing yards. Their pass defense was even worse.

Most Surprising Result: (#3) Eastern Washington 50, (#7) Maine 19 - Eric Barriere, who wasn't even the starter until October, throws a playoff-record 7 touchdown passes.

Celebration Bowl

ALCORN 22-24 NCAT (in Atlanta, GA)

Best Performance: (#11) North Carolina A&T 24, Alcorn St. 22 - The Aggies hold on to win their 3rd. Celebration Bowl title despite allowing more than double the rushing yards they'd allowed in any other game this season.

Worst Performance: Alcorn St. 22, (#11) North Carolina A&T 24 - The Braves won rushing 328-38, but failed to score a touchdown in 3 redzone trips.

Most Surprising Result: (none)

JALMOND
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: Semifinal Week - Breakdown

Postby JALMOND » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:06 am

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Most Surprising Result: (#3) Eastern Washington 50, (#7) Maine 19 - Eric Barriere, who wasn't even the starter until October, throws a playoff-record 7 touchdown passes.

When EWU played at PSU the last game of the season, I thought Barriere was just as good as Gubrud (but I thought he was getting some help from our pathetic defense). What is truly scary, however, is that he may be better than Gubrud.

Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”