Post by The Cats »

Today we'll highlight a defensive back

#13 Ronald Kent

Class: Sophomore
Hometown: Harrisburg, PA
High School: Harrisburg HS
Height / Weight: 5-10 / 165
Position: Defensive Back

2019 (Sophomore): Selected first-team All-Southern Conference at DB at the annual SoCon Football Media Day ... Named first-team All-SoCon by Phil Steele.

2018 (Freshman): Played in all 11 of the team’s games, making seven starts in the defensive secondary … Finished sixth on the team with 45 total tackles including 31 solo stops and five tackles for loss while also being credited with forcing a fumble … Ranked second in the Southern Conference with a team-best 12 pass break-ups – a mark that ranked the rookie tied for sixth in WCU’s single-season record books ... It was the first time a Catamount defender hit double-digit passes defended since Trey Morgan recorded 10 back in 2016 … Kent’s 12 PBUs are the most by a Catamount since Ahmed Green had 12 back in 2002 … Tallied three pass break-ups in three different games … Made his collegiate debut in the season-opener against Newberry (Sept. 1), recording four tackles … Made his first career start against VMI (Sept. 22), posting six total stops with three PBUs … Posted a career-high nine tackles in the triple-overtime thriller against nationally-ranked ETSU (Oct. 27) … Graced the watch list as a semifinalist for the Jerry Rice Award which is given annually by STATS FCS to the top freshman player … Named to the Southern Conference All-Freshman team defense by the league’s head coaches … Tagged a Freshman All-America selection by both Phil Steele and HERO Sports.

Prior to Western Carolina: Was a two-way athlete at Harrisburg High … Was a first-team defensive back on the All-State postseason team … Selected first-team PennLive defensive all-star, finishing with 27 tackles and five interceptions in the secondary … Listed as the No. 9 corner back in Pennsylvania’s 2018 recruiting class by Penn Preps through 247Sports … Caught 21 passes for 385 yards and a touchdown on offense as a senior and had 22 receptions for 287 yards and three scores as a junior … Also wrestled as a prep.

Personal: Full name is Ronald Lewis Kent Jr. … Is the son of Ronald Kent Sr.

Career-Highs:
Tackles: 9, at ETSU (10/27/18)
Tackles for Loss: 2.0, at Gardner-Webb (9/14/18)
Pass Break-Ups: 3, three times (MR: at ETSU, 10/27/18)

Courtesy WCU Athletics Relations
Visit The Catamount Sports Forum and Purple & Gold

Go Cats !!!

"I knew how good the people here were. We’d didn’t try to build it fast, we wanted to build this for the long haul. This is where I want my last coaching job to be." - HC Mark Speir Aug. 29, 2018
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: 13 Days to FCS Kickoff

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Montana #13

Josh Sandry - S
Senior
6'1", 210 lbs.
Bigfork, MT
Bigfork HS