Football Championship Subdivision discussions
MrTitleist
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Quad Shot: Week 1

Post by MrTitleist »

http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conferen ... ot-week-1/
Read up, kiddies. No sense in getting back to work too soon this week.
ImageImageImageImageImage
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: Big Sky Quad Shot: Week 1

Post by JALMOND »

Nice writeup as usual, Mr. T.

However, while the Big Sky has been a quarterback driven conference for some time, and it is usually safe to list the superb quarterbacks as weekly MVP candidates, if I may throw a curve here. Romeo Gunt for Portland State had 15 tackles against Arkansas, good for the fourth highest total in the nation last week. I think he should deserve a mention among the quarterbacks.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UW and TT put on the brakes...otherwise those games could have gotten much uglier than they were....Tech had 11 different receivers catch at least one ball and 9 different RB's get at least one carry. They went deeeeep into the bench...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
MrTitleist
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by MrTitleist »

JALMOND wrote:Nice writeup as usual, Mr. T.

However, while the Big Sky has been a quarterback driven conference for some time, and it is usually safe to list the superb quarterbacks as weekly MVP candidates, if I may throw a curve here. Romeo Gunt for Portland State had 15 tackles against Arkansas, good for the fourth highest total in the nation last week. I think he should deserve a mention among the quarterbacks.
Good call out. I often overlook defensive players as their stats are usually a little harder to dig up, plus defensive players don't often find themselves in the convo for POY. I've thought about breaking it out to O and D POY.. if I found a efficient way to research both. Plus it's week one, lots of play-up games, quarterbacks usually have "bigger" days in those games.
ImageImageImageImageImage