Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam

Re: Playoff projection thread

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
kalm wrote:
Its worse than you think. I stopped counting at 19 DII teams that are ranked ahead of UMASS in Massey. :lol:
As we've seen many times, number of scholarships does not mean a better team or a win.
And that works both ways which I’d like to think is the reason the committee now recognizes DII wins.

Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
As we've seen many times, number of scholarships does not mean a better team or a win.
And that works both ways which I’d like to think is the reason the committee now recognizes DII wins.
Last I heard, they still did.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
It's also because most of the committee is too lazy to pay attention to the actual opponents. Not joking. There are a LOT more folks here and AGS that know a ton more than the committee members. :nod:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
It's also because most of the committee is too lazy to pay attention to the actual opponents. Not joking. There are a LOT more folks here and AGS that know a ton more than the committee members. :nod:
Yep. They see KSU's shiny 10-2 record and go "pick them! pick them!" without delving into who those 10 wins were actually against.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

KSU runs an excellent offense and can play physical football. They do what good teams should: beat inferior opponents by a lot of points. You can only play in your conference and the teams they put in front of you. In my opinion there is no need to exclude them on the subjective. They are a winning team
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

JBB wrote:KSU runs an excellent offense and can play physical football. They do what good teams should: beat inferior opponents by a lot of points. You can only play in your conference and the teams they put in front of you. In my opinion there is no need to exclude them on the subjective. They are a winning team
Yeah, it's not KSU's fault they play TWO NAIA teams in addition to their soft Big South schedule. :roll:

Play a better schedule or run the risk of people dismissing you.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

JBB wrote:KSU runs an excellent offense and can play physical football. They do what good teams should: beat inferior opponents by a lot of points. You can only play in your conference and the teams they put in front of you. In my opinion there is no need to exclude them on the subjective. They are a winning team
SIU would truck them
Subvert the dominant paradigm

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Sunday 12:30 PM ECB on ESPNU is the 1 hr selection show. Odd, because it used to be on around 11:00 or 11:30 AM, and only a half hr. Hr is nice, more coverage, but that overlaps with the 1 PM NFL games..

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote:Sunday 12:30 PM ECB on ESPNU is the 1 hr selection show. Odd, because it used to be on around 11:00 or 11:30 AM, and only a half hr. Hr is nice, more coverage, but that overlaps with the 1 PM NFL games..
Won't mind the hour if they still release the bracket in the first 5 minutes.

JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

houndawg wrote:
SIU would truck them
So what? KSU is taking care of business. Why make excuses for a team that's on the bubble when KSU has clearly qualified as an FCS contender.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JBB wrote:
houndawg wrote:
SIU would truck them
So what? KSU is taking care of business. Why make excuses for a team that's on the bubble when KSU has clearly qualified as an FCS contender.
not an excuse, an observation.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JBB wrote:
houndawg wrote:
SIU would truck them
No 2nd place team from that conference should ever be considered a bubble team. THAT’S the observation.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

KSU is ranked high enough in the polls I looked at to easily qualify for the 26 team playoff field.

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Seed Guesses

#1: North Dakota St.
#2: James Madison
#3: Sac State
#4: Weber
#5: Montana St.
#6: Northern Iowa
#7: Montana
#8: Central Arkansas (I guess? :?: )

Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Seed Guesses

I agree with most of this, but I doubt Sac gets a higher seed than Weber

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:Seed Guesses

All the polls had Sac higher coming in, though. The polls aren't supposed to be used, of course, but the committee's thinking will likely be similar.

Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

All the polls had Sac higher coming in, though. The polls aren't supposed to be used, of course, but the committee's thinking will likely be similar.

It's possible, but with the head to head win for Weber i think it pushes them ahead.

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

It's possible, but with the head to head win for Weber i think it pushes them ahead.
Well, maybe, but the blowout loss to Montana was recent & Sac blew out Montana. Sac was also the only team to have a winning record against the rest of the top-5 in the Big Sky standings.

Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Well, maybe, but the blowout loss to Montana was recent & Sac blew out Montana. Sac was also the only team to have a winning record against the rest of the top-5 in the Big Sky standings.

I guess tomorrow at 1030 we'll get our answer :D

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

NDSU
UNI
ILSU
SDSU
SIU
Weber
Sac St
Montana St
Montana
JMU
Albany
Villanova
Nichols St
UCA
SELA
Wofford
Furman
Monmouth
KSU
Austin Peay
SEMO
CCSU
Holy Cross
San Diego

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

I think the fact that we played all three, and went 2-1 will help. But either way, will it matter?

Sorry, new to this whole "playoffs" thing. :)

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JBB wrote:
houndawg wrote:
SIU would truck them
Not making excuses and if we get woofed that's the breaks and I'll understand. But we'd pimp slap KSU now, along with half of the playoff field.

JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

SIU should be in and KSU.

SIU looked every bit the playoff team yesterday.

Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

SDHornet wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
I think the fact that we played all three, and went 2-1 will help. But either way, will it matter?

Sorry, new to this whole "playoffs" thing. :)

I dont think it really matters, only difference is would you rather play NDSU in Frisco or Fargo :lol:

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Question: Are ANY of the HBCUs playing ball with the playoffs? Or are they BOTH out for the bowl payday?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.