Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 12

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU 38-28 Cal Poly — The Mustangs are 8-23 the last 3 seasons

Montana St. 35-34 Davis — The Aggies have arguably played better on the road than they have at home

Sac 27-24 Idalol — Idaho's good at home, but they may be demoralized after losing the Stein again

NAU 41-45 SuutahSUU has won 6 of the last 8 in this series, and NAU is 0-5 on the road this season

Weber 27-20 Montana — Weber's defense seems to really step it up against good offenses

NoCo 10-38 NoDakBarring an epic choke, the Fighting Hawks will be in the playoffs

Idalol St. 3-52 BYUThe perfect time to play a body-bag game is after you've already phoned in your season :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 12

Post by AZGrizFan »

Interesting stats:

Griz D has given up fewest # of TD’s in the BSC.
Griz O has scored the most TD’s in the BSC.

Yet everyone wants to talk about Weber’s D.

I think Griz win by 10.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

AZGrizFan wrote:Interesting stats:

I think Griz win by 10.
Huh? The Griz D has allowed 31 TDs, while Weber's D has allowed 23.

Also, we all saw how both defenses looked in Sacramento.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

EWU 42, Cow Poly 13...IF they watch the Sac-CP highlights and take note of how to stuff the option
Manure Pile 35, Kitties 31...Just to keep their pathetic remaining hopes alive...only to be snuffed out NEXT week....
Sac 56, Idalol 3...Yes, I'm a homer. So what?
NAU 49, SUU 10...and it won't be even THAT close
BBQ 45, Griz 42 2OT...This will be a toughie
North Dakota 60, UNC 13...The Sioux are IN....
BYU 77, Bungles 0...ISU sure ain't Liberty

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

EWU
MSU
dungpilers
Sac
NAU
UM
UND
BYU
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:EWU
MSU
dungpilers

Sac
NAU
UM
UND
BYU
:?:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

I'm currently at 74-16 with two weeks left to go, but still looking for a perfect weekend. Here's my attempt at perfection this week. No Portland State, maybe that will help.

EWU at CP---Has the Eagle defense finally arrived or was it just last week's opponent? Either way, it shouldn't matter against the Mustangs, even on the road. As for the Mustangs, a good showing is about all they are going to get...EWU 42, CP 35.

ISU at Brigham Young (FBS Independent)---The Bengals have not looked like the same team that started the season so good at home. That said, they never have looked good on the road all season and now they have to step up a level...Brigham Young 52, ISU 7.

MSU at UCD---Simply put, a Bobcat win on the road would keep the Aggies out of the playoffs whereas an Aggie win could possibly throw the conference into a great big mess this late in the season. Wouldn't that be fun?...UCD 28, MSU 25.

NAU at SUU---The Lumberjacks would like to take out some frustration on the Thunderbirds and get a strong road win. The Thunderbirds, however, are hoping for a good performance at home and try to steal a win to build for next year...NAU 38, SUU 14.

UNC at North Dakota---Do the Bears have enough here to dash the playoff hopes of the conference castaways? Going on the road into the Hawks' dome would make it tough, even if the Bears were really good...North Dakota 35, UNC 14.

SAC at UI---The Hornets better watch out for this trap game as they are trying to get their confidence back and finish strong, but the Vandals have played everyone tough at home and this should not be any different...SAC 35, UI 30.

WSU at UM---Good offense against solid defense for both teams. A win by the Wildcats could sew up the conference title for them, but winning in the Grizzlies den is always a tall order, even for the good teams late in the season...WSU 26, UM 24.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
SDHornet wrote:EWU
MSU
dungpilers

Sac
NAU
UM
UND
BYU
:?:
It's new jinx I'm working on... :lol:

Going with the home team from phagsville in that one.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

SD's term isn't all that new, Venus. I've seen it from a lot of Hornet fans. I don't know if my term inspired it or if it predates mine, but both are pretty good....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote:SD's term isn't all that new, Venus. I've seen it from a lot of Hornet fans. I don't know if my term inspired it or if it predates mine, but both are pretty good....
My point was that he picked both teams.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Interesting stats:

I think Griz win by 10.

Conference only bro.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Conference only bro.
Well… If you're going by that, the Griz are tied for first with the Bobcats of all teams, so what good is that stat? ;)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Conference only bro.
Well… If you're going by that, the Griz are tied for first with the Bobcats of all teams, so what good is that stat? ;)
Not disputing the ‘scats D...then again, look who they’ve played. At least Weebs has played a few of the top teams.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:I'm currently at 74-16 with two weeks left to go, but still looking for a perfect weekend. Here's my attempt at perfection this week. No Portland State, maybe that will help.

EWU at CP---Has the Eagle defense finally arrived or was it just last week's opponent? Either way, it shouldn't matter against the Mustangs, even on the road. As for the Mustangs, a good showing is about all they are going to get...EWU 42, CP 35.

ISU at Brigham Young (FBS Independent)---The Bengals have not looked like the same team that started the season so good at home. That said, they never have looked good on the road all season and now they have to step up a level...Brigham Young 52, ISU 7.

MSU at UCD---Simply put, a Bobcat win on the road would keep the Aggies out of the playoffs whereas an Aggie win could possibly throw the conference into a great big mess this late in the season. Wouldn't that be fun?...UCD 28, MSU 25.

NAU at SUU---The Lumberjacks would like to take out some frustration on the Thunderbirds and get a strong road win. The Thunderbirds, however, are hoping for a good performance at home and try to steal a win to build for next year...NAU 38, SUU 14.

UNC at North Dakota---Do the Bears have enough here to dash the playoff hopes of the conference castaways? Going on the road into the Hawks' dome would make it tough, even if the Bears were really good...North Dakota 35, UNC 14.

SAC at UI---The Hornets better watch out for this trap game as they are trying to get their confidence back and finish strong, but the Vandals have played everyone tough at home and this should not be any different...SAC 35, UI 30.

WSU at UM---Good offense against solid defense for both teams. A win by the Wildcats could sew up the conference title for them, but winning in the Grizzlies den is always a tall order, even for the good teams late in the season...WSU 26, UM 24.
4-3 this week, puts me at 78-19 for the year.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Not sure when/if you’re ever going to learn about picking against the Griz. Someone has a bias.....
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

AZGrizFan wrote:Not sure when/if you’re ever going to learn about picking against the Griz. Someone has a bias.....
Nah. I think his problem is picking against the 'Cats. :kisswink: