ImageImageImageImageImage
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: Big Sky Quad Shot: Week 12

Post by JALMOND »

Heading in to the last weekend of the season and the conference looks good to get four teams in the playoffs. Home field has shown to be quite the advantage as the home teams seem to have a good shot at winning every week regardless of the matchups. One more week and on top of that, rivalry week, and most of the favorites are at home with the glaring exception being the game in Bozeman this weekend. Here are this week's power rankings (last week in parenthesis). As usual, all are my opinion only.

1. Montana (3)---Last week beat Weber State at home 35-16, this week at Montana State---The Grizzlies are back on top after routing another heavy opponent at home. This week's game on paper looks like a win, but on the road in a typical rivalry game, just throw out the stats and play.

2. Sacramento State (2)---Last week won at Idaho 31-7, this week UC Davis at home---Great chance for the Hornets to close out the season strong and get ready for the playoffs, but any rivalry game is tough, even at home and the Causeway Classic is certainly no gimme.

3. Weber State (1)---Last week lost at Montana 35-16, this week Idaho State at home---With a disappointing loss last week, the Wildcats need to beware that there is no Grizzly hangover as they prepare for their rivalry game. Should be easy, but they can't take any chances.

4. Montana State (4)---Last week won at UC Davis 27-17, this week Montana at home---The Bobcats dashed the playoff hopes of a fellow conference member and would love to derail the successful season of their rivals. The game is on their field so they just might do it.

5. Eastern Washington (5)---Last week won at Cal Poly 42-41, this week Portland State at home---The Eagles may still be harboring very slim playoff hopes and last week's ugly win did not gain any pointers. A good rout this week over their rivals may be enough to impress the committee.

6. UC Davis (6)---Last week lost to Montana State at home 27-17, this week at Sacramento State---After watching their shot at returning to the playoffs go by the wayside, the Aggies are truly playing spoiler this week as they venture on the road in the Causeway Classic.

7. Northern Arizona (7)---Last week lost at Southern Utah 31-30, this week Idaho at home---Playing for pride did not do the Lumberjacks any good last week with a perplexing conference loss to a bottom dweller. Last home game of the year against another bottom dweller needs to be a good one.

8. Portland State (8)---Last week bye, this week at Eastern Washington---Three straight losses for the Vikings is not how they wanted this season to end, but they got an extra week to prepare for the Dam Cup and a chance to end the year with an even number of wins and losses.

9. Idaho (9)---Last week lost to Sacramento State at home 31-7, this week at Northern Arizona---Aspirations for a good season in their second year of FCS did not play out for the Vandals. The road has been tough and they have to close out the year at one of the toughest.

10. Southern Utah (11)---Last week beat Northern Arizona at home 31-30, this week at North Dakota---The Thunderbirds are trying to end the year on a high note and could put a big dent in the playoff hopes of the Hawks this week. However, it is a road game.

11. Northern Colorado (10)---Last week lost at North Dakota 45-38, this week Cal Poly at home---Not much was expected for the Bears this year but they kept plugging away and had an impressive showing against a possible playoff team. They close out the year at home in a winnable game.

12. Cal Poly (12)---Last week lost to Eastern Washington at home 42-41, this week at Northern Colorado---Another close loss for the Mustangs and a season filled with close losses creates an image of "what if". They need a chance to go out on a high note this weekend.

13. Idaho State (13)---Last week lost at Brigham Young (FBS Independent) 41-10, this week at Weber State---A good start to the year has crumbled for the Bengals in the last weeks where they couldn't buy even a home win, and now they have a rivalry game on the road.

RECAP: 1-2 out front, 3-4 close by, 5-8 falling behind, 9-10 losing the pace, 11-13 off the mark.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by SACCAT »

MrTitleist wrote:http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conferen ... t-week-12/

Tuesday morning reading is here!
Cats are going for a 4th win in a row.... (See I did read the whole thing)
grizcountry420
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The University of Montana

Post by grizcountry420 »

SACCAT wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conferen ... t-week-12/

Tuesday morning reading is here!

and the 3 teams the Cats have beat have a combined record of: 10-23

SUU - 3-8
UNC - 2-9
UCD - 5-6

The Cats have had a pretty easy schedule this year.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by SACCAT »

grizcountry420 wrote:
SACCAT wrote:

SUU - 3-8
UNC - 2-9
UCD - 5-6

He said "The Cats are going for a 3rd win in a row over the griz" I was correcting him... Yes the Cats Conference schedule was easy. But you play who is on it. Cats can't force those teams to be worth a shit... Big Sky could ditch some of these crappy teams and go to a balanced schedule where everyone plays everyone, but until then...
grizcountry420
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The University of Montana

Post by grizcountry420 »

SACCAT wrote:
grizcountry420 wrote:

SUU - 3-8
UNC - 2-9
UCD - 5-6

He said "The Cats are going for a 3rd win in a row over the griz" I was correcting him... Yes the Cats Conference schedule was easy. But you play who is on it. Cats can't force those teams to be worth a shit... Big Sky could ditch some of these crappy teams and go to a balanced schedule where everyone plays everyone, but until then...
I misread that. I agree, the Big Sky could use a diet.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

1. Sac
2. Griz
3. BBQ
4. Kitties
5. EWU
6. NAU
7. Manure Pile
8. PSU
9. Idalol
10. Cow Poly
11. UNC
12. Bungles
13. SUU

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.