QF - Illinois St. @ #1 NDSU

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

QF - Illinois St. @ #1 NDSU

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Oddly the only Saturday game, and it annoyingly starts in the morning. I've already picked erroneously against the Redbirds twice, so I'm hoping that trend continues. Unfortunately, I don't think that's gonna happen. NDSU beat ISU by 34 in Normal in the regular season, and that's when QB Brady Davis was healthy. The Redbird defense will probably prevent them from losing that bad again, but I still don't see them scoring much of anything against the Bison with such a one-dimensional offense.

• Illinois St. 3-24 North Dakota St.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Re: QF - Illinois St. @ #1 NDSU

Post by JBB »

Try 29-18. That’s the average of the GAM and 5 Dimes Mythical scores. If the Redbirds can’t score the 5Dimes over/under of 39.5 will probably stay under proving the Redbirds are helpless.

It’s below zero now but it should be nice in Fargo today with sunny skies and a high of 1. Great tailgating weather but the days are a little short to tailgate and get to the noon kickoff. Tailgate will probably be small and there are tickets at the walk-up. The Redbirds aren’t a big draw in Fargo anymore.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

It's Game Day pukes.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Incredibly incompetent officiating. :ohno:
-2nd qtr 3rd & goal for NDSU blatant pass interference not called, NDSU settles fir 3, cost NDSU 4 points.
-3rd qtr NDSU throws obvious lateral ILSU player scoops and is running to endzone for TD but referees blew it dead says was forward pass. Review clearly showed lateral. Cost ILSU 7.

9-3 NDSU 10 min left 4th qtr NDSU ball. Should be 13-10..
Ought to suspend the incompetent officials..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Redbirds driving in a huge defensive battle. Huge Bison sack 4 min left Bison force a punt
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Curious play call on 3rd and 16 by IllSt with the backup QB in. I would have given him a chance to toss the rock.

NDSU can just kill the clock with a first down now.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Total Offense:
NDSU 263 (128 rushing/135 passing).
ILSU 194 (160 rushing/34 passing).

Obviously NDSU really struggled against the ILSU defense.
ILSU 40 rushing attempts, only 8 passing. With their backup QB was 3 for 8, 34 yds, 0 TD/1 INT. If they had ANY semblance of a passing game they would have won..What is up with the 1 dimensional offenses in the MVFC?
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

The offenses are just fine. We saw 2 great defenses. That’s the way the game is supposed to look
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:I
-3rd qtr NDSU throws obvious lateral ILSU player scoops and is running to endzone for TD but referees blew it dead says was forward pass. Review clearly showed lateral. Cost ILSU 7.
Yes. I had to stop watching the game shortly after that due to going fishing but the score should've been 9-7 at that point and things would've been even more interesting than they already were.

Another example of how things beyond the control of the players can impact games. The officials missed the fact that it was a backwards pass and then for some reason play wasn't stopped for a review. Unbelievable that they didn't review that play.

We can never know what would've happened from that point if the correct call would've been made but that is an example of a single officials' miss had a huge impact on the game. You're talking about a hard knocking defensive struggle where no touchdowns were scored and one would've been by the Illinois State defense had the officials made the correct call.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:I
Yes. I had to stop watching the game shortly after that due to going fishing but the score should've been 9-7 at that point and things would've been even more interesting than they already were.
Every play is reviewed, sometimes play is stopped, sometimes not. It was a close call, but if ignore the ESPN announcers and look at the play again, see what you think.

We don't know that it would have been a TD either, notice the Bison players in the area all let up after the whistle blew.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Apparently were CAA refs..I’m not surprised.. :roll:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

BDKJMU wrote:Incredibly incompetent officiating. :ohno:
-2nd qtr 3rd & goal for NDSU blatant pass interference not called, NDSU settles fir 3, cost NDSU 4 points.

Yes, bad call, but not only one. before that they let an ISU pass interference go in the end zone that cost NDSU a TD.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Yes, bad call, but not only one. before that they let an ISU pass interference go in the end zone that cost NDSU a TD.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JBB wrote:
-2nd qtr 3rd & goal for NDSU blatant pass interference not called, NDSU settles for 3, cost NDSU 4 points.

Reading is fundamental..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
JBB wrote:
Reading is fundamental..
I’ll bet ya Common Core learners wouldn’t have missed that one. :ohno:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Reading is fundamental..
That one was missed and did give you an opportunity to spout your common core none-sense :flag:

On the other hand BDKJMU just made a nice gain. BDKJMUs balanced comment, logical conclusion and justifiable criticism are not common core traits.

There is a big game brewing in Fargo. We are waiting for word but this one is going to be Sold-Out.

Go Bison!!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JBB wrote:
kalm wrote:
That one was missed and did give you an opportunity to spout your common core none-sense :flag:

On the other hand BDKJMU just made a nice gain. BDKJMUs balanced comment, logical conclusion and justifiable criticism are not common core traits.

There is a big game brewing in Fargo. We are waiting for word but this one is going to be Sold-Out.

Go Bison!!
* nonsense

:dunce:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

:lol: Very good.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

JBB wrote:Redbirds driving in a huge defensive battle. Huge Bison sack 4 min left Bison force a punt
Their defense kept ISU in the game I was expecting a shootout.