Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: QF - #6 Montana @ #3 Weber

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
kalm wrote:
I don't think that it is. UNI was higher rated in both total and scoring defense despite playing in a tougher conference.

The main thing, though, is Weber State's offense. It got 113 yards. That's less than UNI got playing against JMU. Not by much (just one yard). But less. They had a +5 advantage in the giveaway/takeaway stat and won by 7 points.

If I"m a JMU fan I'm thinking the better of the two potential opponents did not win.
Not a tougher conference this year by almost any metric and it’s certainly not a tougher offensive conference. Weber state faced better offenses than UNI has.
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

kalm wrote:
Bobcat wrote:Absolute lead pipe lock that Weber beats JMU by double digits this week.

Make sure to swing back by and admit you guys are wrong when the Dukes go down. I won't even say I told you so.
And that’s the last anyone ever saw of Bobcat.
Oh I will continue to lurk and read. I most definitely will not gloat when I am proven correct.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: QF - #6 Montana @ #3 Weber

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
If I'm a JMU fan I'm happy that Weber won that game. I'm thinking the better team lost due to turnovers.
A big reason those turnovers happened, though, is that Weber was able to consistently get pressure while rushing just 3 or 4.
Not possible.

Wahlberg has repeatedly told everyone our OL has improved (it hasn't) so it has to be true.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: RE: Re: QF - #6 Montana @ #3 Weber

Post by catbooster »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
A big reason those turnovers happened, though, is that Weber was able to consistently get pressure while rushing just 3 or 4.
Not possible.

Wahlberg has repeatedly told everyone our OL has improved (it hasn't) so it has to be true.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
To be fair, your OL could be vastly improved from last year and still not good.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I don't think that it is. UNI was higher rated in both total and scoring defense despite playing in a tougher conference.

The main thing, though, is Weber State's offense. It got 113 yards. That's less than UNI got playing against JMU. Not by much (just one yard). But less. They had a +5 advantage in the giveaway/takeaway stat and won by 7 points.

If I"m a JMU fan I'm thinking the better of the two potential opponents did not win.
Not a tougher conference this year by almost any metric and it’s certainly not a tougher offensive conference. Weber state faced better offenses than UNI has.
Well, Sagarin has the MVC as rated tougher than the Big Sky this year to date (https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/s ... onference/). So does Massey (https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings?c=1). Also the college football rankings composite (https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm and scroll to the bottom).

Look, Weber State got 113 yards of offense. They had a + FIVE in the giveaway/takeaway stat and won the game by only 7 points. If I'm a fan of the team that's got to play the winner of that game I'm thinking I got a break in that the better team did not win that game. The best team does not always win. And I'm thinking this is an example of that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
kalm wrote:
Well, Sagarin has the MVC as rated tougher than the Big Sky this year to date (https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/s ... onference/). So does Massey (https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings?c=1). Also the college football rankings composite (https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm and scroll to the bottom).

Look, Weber State got 113 yards of offense. They had a + FIVE in the giveaway/takeaway stat and won the game by only 7 points. If I'm a fan of the team that's got to play the winner of that game I'm thinking I got a break in that the better team did not win that game. The best team does not always win. And I'm thinking this is an example of that.
Wow, I stand corrected. I thought the BSC was rated higher. My bad.

I agree that Montana was the slightly better team but the BSC top 4 were like that all year. Still, the Wildcats held two pretty good FBS opponents to low points. Weber’s pass D is what JMU May exploit.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

I agree that Montana was the slightly better team but the BSC top 4 were like that all year. Still, the Wildcats held two pretty good FBS opponents to low points. Weber’s pass D is what JMU May exploit.
In different weather i think saturday’s Game turns out in the Griz favor....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
cats2506
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: MSU Bobcats

Post by cats2506 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Are yo saying it was too "Cold and Loud" for um
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

cats2506 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Too dark and too snowy. And I’m sure there were issues with the turf. That’s a must.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

cats2506 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
This. Weber schemed well on D and Snead played poorly. Feel for the kid, but many teams have had success in those conditions.
cats2506
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: MSU Bobcats

Post by cats2506 »

kalm wrote:
cats2506 wrote: Are yo saying it was too "Cold and Loud" for um
This. Weber schemed well on D and Snead played poorly. Feel for the kid, but many teams have had success in those conditions.
Yeah I watched it, Sneed kept throwing balls where he shouldn't have
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Bobcat wrote:Absolute lead pipe lock that Weber beats JMU by double digits this week.

Make sure to swing back by and admit you guys are wrong when the Dukes go down. I won't even say I told you so.
I’m swinging back by to :lol: at you proving himself to be a dumbass.. :dunce: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.