55%

Total votes: 22

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: SHOULD NDSU GET TF OUTTA FCS?

Post by Ivytalk »

If folks want to have a bit of amusement at the hoofed furballs’ expense, check out the thread I started on AGS entitled “Any Truth to This Rumor?” Strong work by UNI88 and yours truly. Ursus put a stop to it.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JBB wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Yep.
Delaware was never any good, at least in modern times. Montana got the stuffing knocked out of them. NDSU beat Georgia Southern and Wofford on consecutive weekends. EWU got the stuffing knocked out of them.

All of the teams mentioned tried to build or had their dynasties destroyed by The BISON. By your self admission the division is now a bunch of beaten down soy boys, especially the former top teams many of you are fan boys for.

There are others though. You forgot to mention Illinos State, JMU, SDSU and Sammy.

JMU might not be done. I don't expect SDSU to quit and USD is bubbling under again. That UNI guy says they are still very much in the spotlight. Outside the Mighty Dakota Land grants there is Kennesaw State. They may build their team to the point they get their shot on the big stage in Fargo.

The Sycamores stirred.

All the east coast teams are blow fish, but just as good as they ever were.

JMU, EWU, JMU, YSU, Jacksonville State, Ill State, Towson, Sam Houston, Sam Houston. All of these teams were very good except Jacksonville State. Many were favorites. JMU was just favored by 1.5. Just how good do you have to be to be favored over NDSU a team many of you admit is the best ever?

Most of the teams you mentioned are wallowing in mediocrity but the teams you failed to mention are not. If it were easy UNI or maybe even Delaware would win it, maybe even with a fake punt. Of course it was easy beating many of the teams you mentioned because they were and are no good. It's the ones you didn't mention.
Pride, Anger & Greed.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Ivytalk wrote:If folks want to have a bit of amusement at the hoofed furballs’ expense, check out the thread I started on AGS entitled “Any Truth to This Rumor?” Strong work by UNI88 and yours truly. Ursus put a stop to it.
I did not put a stop to the thread. I stated to stop the kind of shit that is a no go on AGS FCS board. There, different than here in that regard for sure. Nothing you did was any sort of problem if you took it hat way Ivy.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

and 88's needling was damn good work as you suggested too. The thin skin pic was funny as hell.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

JBB wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Yep.
Whole bunch of JBB gibberish
We already know NDSU conquered the JV leagues, crazy man. Now you're the 22nd year old grad who still hangs out at the high school.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

93henfan wrote:
JBB wrote:
Delaware was never any good, at least in modern times.
Let me know when NDSU has a shutout in a national championship game.

Didn't read any more of your nonsensical post after that. You're just a low IQ troll who even your own fan base distances itself from.

You're also one of the many reasons nobody likes NDSU or its fans.

Meanwhile, we're putting together an event for people from all over the country to visit Montana this September, because they're likeable people, a likeable team, and a beautiful stadium. Everything NDSU will never be.
Disagreeable fellow arent you fake punt, and because you stopped reading you will never know just how correct I am.

40-0, The "One Hit Wonder" Bowl. :roll:

If you ever wanted proof that back then the FCS was really down, there it is. :lol:

Proof it is up is of course NDSU and some of the other fledgling dynasties.

The only shutout NDSU has in the national championship is the 8-0. They did lose a playoff game once.

Just responding in kind. Your upset now, take a breath. Your the one holding grudges about fake punts etc. Not wishing you ill will. :tothehand:
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

NDSU will leave the FCS when the money is there. It isnt yet. they need 5-10 million/year more. they need the IPF to be built and they need some vision for a new stadium, probably timed with an invitation.

NDSU looks a lot like most of the schools in the FCS if not a bit on the small side. There is no hurry to get ahead of themselves. If there is any conference interest by the FBS NDSU isnt talking about it.

NDSUs next big project is the Minneapolis stadiums. There has been noting new scheduled. Lots of details and options. Some names have been mentioned and some seem pretty unlikely. Fact they are mentioned is a little amazing.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

NDSU will leave the FCS when the money is there. It isnt yet. they need 5-10 million/year more. they need the IPF to be built and they need some vision for a new stadium, probably timed with an invitation.

NDSU looks a lot like most of the schools in the FCS if not a bit on the small side. There is no hurry to get ahead of themselves. If there is any conference interest by the FBS NDSU isnt talking about it.

NDSUs next big project is the Minneapolis stadiums. There has been noting new scheduled. Lots of details and options. Some names have been mentioned and some seem pretty unlikely. Fact they are mentioned is a little amazing.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

I just want to go on the record that I agree completely with 93 and 89.

Okay back to lurking.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:If folks want to have a bit of amusement at the hoofed furballs’ expense, check out the thread I started on AGS entitled “Any Truth to This Rumor?” Strong work by UNI88 and yours truly. Ursus put a stop to it.
I did not put a stop to the thread. I stated to stop the kind of shit that is a no go on AGS FCS board. There, different than here in that regard for sure. Nothing you did was any sort of problem if you took it hat way Ivy.
Thanks, Ursus. You’re a gentleman and a pro. Sometimes, this old geezer still likes to stick the needle in.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: I did not put a stop to the thread. I stated to stop the kind of shit that is a no go on AGS FCS board. There, different than here in that regard for sure. Nothing you did was any sort of problem if you took it hat way Ivy.
Thanks, Ursus. You’re a gentleman and a pro. Sometimes, this old geezer still likes to stick the needle in.
No homo?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Vidav wrote:I just want to go on the record that I agree completely with 93 and 89.

Okay back to lurking.
Those who won FCS championships two decades ago are in agreement.

Noted.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Thanks, Ursus. You’re a gentleman and a pro. Sometimes, this old geezer still likes to stick the needle in.
No homo?
I have to watch the double entendres around here. :facepalm:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:
JBB wrote:
Delaware was never any good, at least in modern times.
Let me know when NDSU has a shutout in a national championship game.

Didn't read any more of your nonsensical post after that. You're just a low IQ troll who even your own fan base distances itself from.

You're also one of the many reasons nobody likes NDSU or its fans.

Meanwhile, we're putting together an event for people from all over the country to visit Montana this September, because they're likeable people, a likeable team, and a beautiful stadium. Everything NDSU will never be.
Delaware had a great team in 2003, but FCS was down.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

:lol: :lol: at the AGS thread and AGS in general.
Last edited by HI54UNI on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

kalm wrote:
Vidav wrote:I just want to go on the record that I agree completely with 93 and 89.

Okay back to lurking.

Noted.
My thought is more that having one team win nearly every championship for a decade means the league is down as a whole. If FCS was up then there would be some competition.

Also just saying, App winning 3 in a row was exciting. NDSU winning like 45 in a row is boring. It makes it hard to care about FCS apart from my team. It is to the point that once Montana is out I stop watching because I just don't care.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Vidav wrote:
kalm wrote:

Noted.
My thought is more that having one team win nearly every championship for a decade means the league is down as a whole. If FCS was up then there would be some competition.

Also just saying, App winning 3 in a row was exciting. NDSU winning like 45 in a row is boring. It makes it hard to care about FCS apart from my team. It is to the point that once Montana is out I stop watching because I just don't care.
Those are fair points.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
As Herb Brooks said, "in your F'ing Dreams"
Nope. You guys got slammed again.
NDSU only beat Colgate in the Semifinals, Delaware got them in a final. A 2003 playoff with no GSU, no App St, Montana lost to a DII NDSU, and again in the first round at home. Great team, but FCS was down. :shit:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Nope. You guys got slammed again.
NDSU only beat Colgate in the Semifinals, Delaware got them in a final. A 2003 playoff with no GSU, no App St, Montana lost to a DII NDSU, and again in the first round at home. Great team, but FCS was down. :shit:
Go get ‘em Gil! :lol:
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

kalm wrote:

Okay back to lurking.

Noted.
Tell us with a straight face that you're as excited for 2020 as you were for 2011 or 2012. Or 2013. Dare ya.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: SHOULD NDSU GET TF OUTTA FCS?

Post by UNI88 »

Silenoz wrote:
kalm wrote:

Noted.
Tell us with a straight face that you're as excited for 2020 as you were for 2011 or 2012. Or 2013. Dare ya.
I'm cautiously optimistic about 2020. I think UNI might have the best chance of all FCS of knocking Humpty off the wall.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Vidav wrote:
kalm wrote:

Noted.

Because this is an unusual time - nobody in the FCS has ever been as good as The BISON - it’s impossible to judge the rest of the division by comparison. The competition is actually better than ever. Certainly JMU a team favored over The BISON this season must have been, at least before the game, perceived as one of histories greatest teams.

Looking way back at all of those championships it becomes clear some of the runner-ups to NDSU are among the greatest too. The Georgia Southern team NDSU beat on the way to a title has been mentioned as great by more than a few. I’ve already mentioned other fledgling dynasties NDSU has toppled.

You feel this way because your team had the stuffing knocked out of them just like UND. Clearly they have the stuffing knocked out of them too. Those poor fans sound just like many of you. Angry to the core, swearing life long grudges over a fake punts etc, quitting, personal attacks,disparaging the division, lethargy, the entire child-like display of acting out frustration over their own faded glories. Resenting the great success of The BISON.

Being told I won’t be invited to the party with the cool kids is a desperation bottom Of the barrel act of this dissonance caused by having the stuffing knocked out of you. Maybe some of you understand that phrase better now?

Delaware was a one-off in a truly down FCS. I have empathy for the feelings of those unfortunate fans in the age of The BISON. Imagine to behave like some of those folks. Obviously they care as does the UNI guy.

Bison fans, among the most sportsman like fan bases in the game understand this phenomenon. We experience the negative psychological reactions from a lot of people so wrapped up in the game they troll the Internet trying to hurt the feelings of Bison fans because they are impotent against the Bison. We don’t hold grudges or lash out in frustration. We understand your predicament and have pity for you but we hold no grudges

At NDSU the moto is play the best to be the best. FCS took them up on that.

Sorry about the long post. They are so difficult for so many of you that know reading is hard.

If you truly loved the game you should be celebrating the greatest football you have ever seen.
overheard at the library
Thank you JBB, that needed to be said!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Just got a call from an old friend, a psychologist now and a knowledgeable fan that I knew in College
you are experiencing miss-placed aggression. These fans are really disgusted and frustrated with their teams. They turn those negative feelings on you in an attempt to cope with the age of The BISON* a team playing the greatest football in history
*caps are mine
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JBB wrote:Just got a call from an old friend, a psychologist now and a knowledgeable fan that I knew in College
you are experiencing miss-placed aggression. These fans are really disgusted and frustrated with their teams. They turn those negative feelings on you in an attempt to cope with the age of The BISON* a team playing the greatest football in history
*caps are mine
Was that between appointments?
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Ivytalk wrote:
JBB wrote:Just got a call from an old friend, a psychologist now and a knowledgeable fan that I knew in College

*caps are mine
Was that between appointments?
You're just a low IQ troll who even your own fan base distances itself from.
He called to invite me to an event for people from all over the country to visit Montana this September, because they're likeable people, a likeable team, and a beautiful stadium. Everything a lot of folks here will never be. :lol:
Last edited by JBB on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.