55%

Total votes: 22

JBB
Level3
Level3

Re: SHOULD NDSU GET TF OUTTA FCS?

Post by JBB »

by AshevilleApp » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:34 am :
Good teams all, but only one has won the national championship. Repeatedly. Six of the teams that left won the championship and they accounted for fourteen national championships. Hard to replace that with Elon and Monmouth.

Edit: I forgot UMass in my list. So seven teams with fifteen championships.
All the D2-move-ups mentioned helped fill the void left by the teams moving to FCS. Many are at the top of the FCS and their conferences. As in the past these teams and other good teams would have been sharing national championships if the best team in the history of the division wasn’t winning them all.

You see a lot of turn-over in the runner-up column to the Bison.
Last edited by JBB on Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

I'm still waiting for Idaho to dominate the Big Sky with its FBS athletes, coaches, and facilities. 8-)
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AshevilleApp wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Also a lot of good DII schools have moved up, NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, Central Arkansas, Elon, Stony Brook, North Alabama, UC Davis, Cal Poly, Kennesaw St, Monmouth. The only teams that moved up, that I ever hear about anymore are Boise St and Marshall. The rest I have to dig into ESPN to find out, except GSU played in Minnesota this year. Gophers played a soft schedule and could have been beat by SDSU and/or GSU.
Good teams all, but only one has won the national championship. Repeatedly. Six of the teams that left won the championship and they accounted for fourteen national championships. Hard to replace that with Elon and Monmouth.

8 of the last 9 from new schools, none won on their home field. There is a good chance the top teams in FCS can beat the teams that left. A FBS NDSU doesn't get Trey Lance, another FCS school would have, as he wanted to play QB. FBS NDSU is less competitive, and the football is not as good of quality. Central Arkansas beat WKU this year. It's a step down to move to FBS, unless it's to a P5, which isn't likely.

Since 2000, 3 teams that won 5 titles are gone. Those 3 have been replaced.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BlackFalkin wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
You got some money to donate for a new stadium? The current Fargodome cannot be expanded and you wouldn't add enough seats by taking out the chairs. An outdoor stadium would drop attendance for cold weather games. The cold isn't so bad, then you add the wind and it gets pretty bad.
Are you blind or just dumb? I said “expand by replacing chairback with benches...” I’m sure NDSU has more than enough of the green stuff with 19 sold-out home games in the past two seasons, not to mention 9 national championships in the past 10 years! Ooh, and the replacement benches for bench seating would cost a fortune! I know they’re at every high school football stadium everywhere and at almost ALL college football stadiums too, cut it out! Let’s not even talk bowl money split, television revenue, or better sponsorship. Hey, ask Eastern Washington about their bench seating, trust me THEY LOVE those damn benches.

All good runs come to an end, just take your trophies and leave the FCS, now!
:coffee:
You are the blind one. Benches would add 5-6000 seats. That would cost a lot of money too. Might even lose some of those people paying $3000 for 50 yard line bench seats.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:

8 of the last 9 from new schools, none won on their home field. There is a good chance the top teams in FCS can beat the teams that left. A FBS NDSU doesn't get Trey Lance, another FCS school would have, as he wanted to play QB. FBS NDSU is less competitive, and the football is not as good of quality. Central Arkansas beat WKU this year. It's a step down to move to FBS, unless it's to a P5, which isn't likely.

:nod:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Gil Dobie wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:
Are you blind or just dumb? I said “expand by replacing chairback with benches...” I’m sure NDSU has more than enough of the green stuff with 19 sold-out home games in the past two seasons, not to mention 9 national championships in the past 10 years! Ooh, and the replacement benches for bench seating would cost a fortune! I know they’re at every high school football stadium everywhere and at almost ALL college football stadiums too, cut it out! Let’s not even talk bowl money split, television revenue, or better sponsorship. Hey, ask Eastern Washington about their bench seating, trust me THEY LOVE those damn benches.

All good runs come to an end, just take your trophies and leave the FCS, now!
:coffee:
You are the blind one. Benches would add 5-6000 seats. That would cost a lot of money too. Might even lose some of those people paying $3000 for 50 yard line bench seats.
UNI dome uses benches but there are backs for each seat, no armrests and space between the individual seats as seen in the FFD. Seems to work ok. Dont know if the entire stadium is like that but where we were sitting it was and that was around the 50. could be the next step to the new stadium. BV is expecting an announcement from the NDSU Sports Authority Wednesday but I doubt its benches. Might be the Wisconsin game, conference invite to MW or nothing major at all.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JBB wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
How did UND do with the reduced # of scholarships? Blaming reduced success on restrictions that applied to everyone at that level is sour grapes.
They supported the rules. They were trying to keep their D1 hockey program afloat. They loved a cheap, competitive D2 North Central Conference. Made them look good. They couldn’t afford to move up and stay competitive. They actively campaigned against NDSU moving up and assured the NCC they would stay on in D2.

You do know that sour grapes means disparaging something that is unattainable. It’s what you do when disparaging NDSUs success.

There was no blame. The division made rules that would have required larger D2 programs to shrink and the playoff rules were no longer acceptable to several large D2 programs. NDSU felt they had to move. They did and now dominate FCS like they dominated D2, pushing other programs like UNI out of the spotlight.
Your definition of sour grapes is correct and you have sour grapes because D2 natties became unattainable for NDSU after they changed the rules. Those rules applied to everyone and to blame not winning natties on them is an excuse. D2 took an advantage away from the Bizumb and a few other teams had and leveled the playing field and you're whining about it.

For the record, UNI is just as much in the spotlight now as it was in the past. We've always been on the fringes while teams like Marshall, GSU, Furman, App State and Montana were in the spotlight. Someday that might change but I'll be a fan through thick and thin.

There is nothing wrong with being a basketball school. Murray State has as much national name recognition from Ja Morant as the Bizumb have from their game-day appearances and 8 FCS natties. More people remember Bryce Drew than Brock Jenson.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

UNI88 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:48 am
Your definition of sour grapes is correct and you have sour grapes because D2 natties became unattainable for NDSU after they changed the rules. Those rules applied to everyone and to blame not winning natties on them is an excuse. D2 took an advantage away from the Bizumb and a few other teams had and leveled the playing field and you're whining about it.
Wrong. The D2 title was not unattainable and NDSU never denigrated it or the division. In fact NDSU won a D2 title under the new rules, several NCC titles and playoff appearances.

No sour grapes. The reason they left was their program was now bigger than D2 allowed. That's why they will leave the FCS too, if they ever do. With the Minneapolis stadiums now at their disposal NDSU can afford to play anyone.
For the record, UNI is just as much in the spotlight now as it was in the past. We've always been on the fringes while teams like Marshall, GSU, Furman, App State and Montana were in the spotlight. Someday that might change but I'll be a fan through thick and thin.
Yea, your are probably correct on that. I had forgotten who came in third.

I was surprised about the lack of vulgarity in your post. :shock:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JBB wrote:
Wrong. The D2 title was not unattainable and NDSU never denigrated it or the division. In fact NDSU won a D2 title under the new rules, several NCC titles and playoff appearances.

No sour grapes. The reason they left was their program was now bigger than D2 allowed. That's why they will leave the FCS too, if they ever do. With the Minneapolis stadiums now at their disposal NDSU can afford to play anyone.

According to recent studies, people who swear more have higher IQ’s and greater literacy levels. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

A good time to bring up these numbers:

-350+ #FCS players got a shot at the NFL as rookies in 2018 and 2019

-2019 recruiting class: 109 signees held P5 offers, 569 held FBS offers and 277 were 3-star recruits

Feel free to use if someone tries to downplay the FCS level.

Via. Sam Herder
Thoughts?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JBB wrote:

Is bringing up my "lack of vulgarity" an attempt to question my moral values? If we're going to go down that road can we also discuss your anger/wrath at anyone who questions or ridicules the Bizumb, your excessive pride in their accomplishments and your greed for more championships? That's 3 of the 7 deadly sins. You're nailing it!

:-P
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

I look forward to revisiting this after NDSU wins their 9th,10th,11th,12th,13th,14th,15th...
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Silenoz wrote:I look forward to revisiting this after NDSU wins their 9th,10th,11th,12th,13th,14th,15th...
That won’t happen, seven more titles will not happen because this shxt-show must end! Nobody ever wonders how a team from the worst location in the country, with the ugliest uniforms in FCS (montana ranks second worst) goes 16-0 and wins 8 of 9 titles!? Something strange is going on up there in Fargo! And I’m not talking about the bi-monthly Bison Boys glory-hole partys at the Bison Court Apartments, I’m talking about a program just waltzing into FCS and snatching 8 national championships in 9 seasons.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

kalm wrote:
JBB wrote:

According to recent studies, people who swear more have higher IQ’s and greater literacy levels. :coffee:
I made a fortune in the oil field. I swear with the best of them. I’m not vulgar.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
JBB wrote:

JBB is referring to my post about Trump, Pelosi and Bo. JBB, it's more fun to make sh!t up than to believe crap that other people make up.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
JBB wrote:

Fuckin’ A! :nod:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JBB wrote:
kalm wrote:
I made a fortune in the oil field. I swear with the best of them. I’m not vulgar.
Sure you did. Sure you do.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

kalm wrote:
JBB wrote:
Sure you did. Sure you do.
:lol: mapped it out for the frackers.

The FCS isn’t down. It’s just being dominated by the best football program in the land. There was a boat load of teams coming in second and third over the years. They would have been champions if not for the Bison. Then many of you could feel better.

Sammy was a mini dynasty that would have achieved greatness except for the Bison. Sammy got the stuffing knocked out of them.

UNI used to own the MVFC. Now it’s the Bison.

In retrospect Marshall was good too but the FCS May have been down then making them look better.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Gil Dobie wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:

Nobody is arguing the greatness of NDSU Gil. So please don't try using 8 of 9 championships from new schools, and just refer to new school. Of the other new schools, only SDSU has reached the semis. They have done it three times.

Six of the schools that left reached fifteen semis since 2000, and four played for the championship. And they all left by 2014. Sorry, but the depth in the subdivision isn't the same. You can speculate all you like about how NDSU would do if they moved up. I think they would have great success myself. And if y'all want to stay, do so by all means. Only NDSU can decide what is best for their own program. But the argument that FCS is stronger now doesn't strike me as correct.

I'm done. Y'all enjoy the debate. Go App! :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Welp. 89 and I, with some help from our friends at UNI, Appaloosa State, and Jawja Suthun have owned another one of these threads. I'll admit, it's getting boring. Almost too easy.

gg

PS. Lol at Gil with "new school s". C'mon man. Nobody is taking anything away from NDSU. We've never done that. NDSU has proven it's one of the best FCS teams of all time.
Last edited by 93henfan on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:Welp. 89 and I, with some help from our friends at UNI, Appaloosa State, and Jawja Suthun have owned another one of these threads. I'll admit, it's getting boring. Almost too easy.

gg
As Herb Brooks said, "in your F'ing Dreams"
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
93henfan wrote:Welp. 89 and I, with some help from our friends at UNI, Appaloosa State, and Jawja Suthun have owned another one of these threads. I'll admit, it's getting boring. Almost too easy.

gg
Nope. You guys got slammed again.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Noticed nobody wants to challenge Sam Herders numbers.

93 and 89 win victory declaration party...

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Noticed nobody wants to challenge Sam Herders numbers.

93 and 89 win victory declaration party...

JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

gg

PS. Lol at Gil with "new school s". C'mon man. Nobody is taking anything away from NDSU. We've never done that. NDSU has proven it's one of the best FCS teams of all time.
NDSU has proven to be one of the best all time. What hasn't been proven is the statement the FCS is down. Rightfully some are backing off that absurd position. Its ridiculous.

Its unfortunate for other programs to be thriving during this era of the Bison. JMU, Illinois State, SHSU
all had budding dynasties. Those teams would have dominated the division during their runs if NDSU hadn't been around.

Take NDSU out of the equation and the division looks like it always did. Really good teams making their run to be replaced by another really good team in a very competitive environment.

Right now all those really good teams are being buried by the best their ever was, The Bison. In fact the argument trying to prove the FCS is down only demonstrate how good NDSU is. They don't speak at all as to how good the division is historically.

In the age of the Bison the best a team could hope for is a Montana like domination of second place. We have seen that from several programs and that is where the rotation begins for those striving to be the best. In fact second place behind the Bison makes a team one of the best historically just as second place to Marshall made a team one of the best. Ask the Montana fans if that isn't correct.
Last edited by JBB on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:59 am, edited 6 times in total.