CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Scores 10-11 APR

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:25 am Well, after starting 0-9 (0-4 fall with 3 I-A losses) the Citadel has now won 2 straight, beating Wofford and Furman. Could even beat VMI next week, who lost their star starting QB for the season..

So I guess the top 2 for sticking with it and not quitting goes to the Citadel and UNI..
El Cid has probably been through more than UNI - they win the 2020 FCS National Championship. Playing through injuries and Covid losses is as good of a reason to crown a champion in this sh!tshow of a season.

All Hail El Cid, 2020 FCS Champions!
Its true

We were decimated for the first half of the season but not much more than anybody else. We had a lot of key opt outs.

But we also had an own-goal when a bunch of players had some kind of compliance snafu involving the cadet bookstore. So we had to suspend four players weekly, including the QB. Our All SoCon LB got hurt.

Against Samford our roster was just thirty-something players and we played 13 freshmen.

Against Wofford we had most of our personnel back, but they were rusty in the first half, and Wofford got out ahead of us by 24-7. Then the kids shook off the cobwebs and remembered how to play.

We abused the hell out of Fermun .. offense, defense and special teams all scored. The team that played that game is still a little wonky but they are a prelude for this coming fall.

We might have a shot at beating VMI but there’s really no telling.. all bets are generally off when we play each other and that’s a yearly thing. But this team is like all other El Cid teams - they do not ever quit. I’m really proud of them and I’m going to Lexington for the game this weekend. Win or lose I consider this to have been a successful season, given what these guys have been through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:42 am We might have a shot at beating VMI but there’s really no telling.. all bets are generally off when we play each other and that’s a yearly thing.
They don't have their starting QB.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:42 am We might have a shot at beating VMI but there’s really no telling.. all bets are generally off when we play each other and that’s a yearly thing.
They don't have their starting QB.
That doesn’t matter. The one that played against ETSU wasn’t bad. And VMI gets up for us more than any other game. AND if they win, they are the SoCon champs. So they have a lot to play for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris