Football Championship Subdivision discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

One time transfer rule aporoved

Post by BDKJMU »

For all of of college sports, without having to sit out a season. This will have YUGE implications for FCS..
https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/.a ... -exception
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: One time transfer rule aporoved

Post by BDKJMU »

Now the JMU’s and NDSU’s can poach from other teams. Take all conference or even AA underclassmen playing for mediocre programs, offering the opportunity to play for a year in/yr out NC contender.

Course its gonna go both ways. The NDSUs amd JMUs (and all of FCS for that matter) are going to have All Conference amd AA players poached by P5 and even G5..
Last edited by BDKJMU on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

How many people would actually do this without regard to major? If it's tied to the grad transfer thingie, it MIGHT work, as it's usually fairly easy to get into an unrelated major for a grad degree so long as you can meet the quals, but if one is still an undergrad, and the new school doesn't have one's major, all of one's credits toward one's previous major immediately kill one's electives...UNLESS one do what some UOP guys did when they transferred after UOP dropped football: they returned to UOP after graduation to finish out their previous major. (I'm surprised the school even honored their previous scholarships when they came back. Many schools wouldn't have done that.) But would that work if one gets drafted or signs a UFA contract?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:13 am How many people would actually do this without regard to major? If it's tied to the grad transfer thingie, it MIGHT work, as it's usually fairly easy to get into an unrelated major for a grad degree so long as you can meet the quals, but if one is still an undergrad, and the new school doesn't have one's major, all of one's credits toward one's previous major immediately kill one's electives...UNLESS one do what some UOP guys did when they transferred after UOP dropped football: they returned to UOP after graduation to finish out their previous major. (I'm surprised the school even honored their previous scholarships when they came back. Many schools wouldn't have done that.) But would that work if one gets drafted or signs a UFA contract?
Unless you're in some really specific major, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work. Especially if the football team really wants you.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I love this rule. :nod: :clap:

Also now with coaching hires, they'll bring their best talent with them. Shit is gonna get good. :lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:42 am I love this rule. :nod: :clap:

Also now with coaching hires, they'll bring their best talent with them. Shit is gonna get good. :lol:
Until fans get caught out by this....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.