Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: I-AA Game of the Week - WEEK SEVEN

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:18 am
dal4018 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:48 pm

What type of offense does Montana St run they look like a possible school for a pass happy scheme????
Coach was an assistant for Craig Bohl at Wyoming and NDSU, so I'm guessing it would be similar to those schools.
Lance McCutcheon is among the nation's best in receiving YDS 578 ranked 6th.
Grizzlies1982
Level1
Level1

Post by Grizzlies1982 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:54 am Montana St @ Weber. Is Weber’s starting QB back?

Maybe the Big Sky gets 5 in. Or maybe the loser of this game doesn’t. I see Weber is still @ EWU, and Montana St is @ EWU and @ Montana.

JMU needs Weber to get in to the playoff to have at least 1 win over a playoff team for seeding purposes if JMU finishes 10-1. Lost to VU, don’t play URI. Not sure who elese if any from the CAA get in. Maybe UD or UNH..

Per the newspaper, Weber's QB is back who started the season. After being out with an injury he is back, now that their relieving QB is injured.
Grizzlies1982
Level1
Level1

Post by Grizzlies1982 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:32 am Find out if Montana St is really good, or Weber is not as good as previous years.
What type of offense does Montana St run they look like a possible school for a pass happy scheme????

Montana State is a run first, pass second team (about 60/40%). They have a very good running back.

That said, they picked up a drop down QB (McKay) from NC State. So this is the first year in about the past four they can have a passing game.

Lance McCutcheon is a great receiver. He is tall and has good hands. However, has also been their QB's #1, #2, and #3 target for the first five games or so. This combined with the fact they've played a very easy schedule has really inflated McCutcheon's numbers. The Bobcat passing game may suffer when a decent defense can take McCutcheon out as a target. We'll see how the QB adjusts when his safety blanket just isn't there.

FYI, I took the MT State at Weber State game. It should inform us if MSU is as good as they've looked versus bad competition (none of the five teams they've beat have more than two wins). It should also inform us if Weber St is just off this year (as they appear to be). Playing the game in Utah should make it a rather even competition.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Grizzlies1982 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:23 pm

Montana State is a run first, pass second team (about 60/40%). They have a very good running back.

That said, they picked up a drop down QB (McKay) from NC State. So this is the first year in about the past four they can have a passing game.

Lance McCutcheon is a great receiver. He is tall and has good hands. However, has also been their QB's #1, #2, and #3 target for the first five games or so. This combined with the fact they've played a very easy schedule has really inflated McCutcheon's numbers. The Bobcat passing game may suffer when a decent defense can take McCutcheon out as a target. We'll see how the QB adjusts when his safety blanket just isn't there.

FYI, I took the MT State at Weber State game. It should inform us if MSU is as good as they've looked versus bad competition (none of the five teams they've beat have more than two wins). It should also inform us if Weber St is just off this year (as they appear to be). Playing the game in Utah should make it a rather even competition.
Okay these guys are GROUND AND POUND instead of BOMBS AWAY yes McKay 6'4 210 is a drop back guy he is ranked in the top 20 with 1,344 YDS (19th)I thought that Casey Bouman 6'6 220 or Tucker Roving 6'5 225 would have gotten a shot at showing off their ability to throw the ball by now.I will be very anxious to see them in the FCS PLAYOFFS in November.McCutcheon has good size at 6'3 210 I wonder if he is related to former NFL RB Lawrence McCutcheon LA RAMS?????
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

I went with the Sac St at Monatana since I will be at the game :)
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 pm I went with the Sac St at Monatana since I will be at the game :)
Our only chance is to get up early to put pressure in the young QB. Otherwise I think Montana just grounds and pounds to a win. I don't see our RPO getting much against the Griz front.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Grizzlies1982 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:23 pm

Saw some footage of Montana St and its rush attack and it looks very good from what I saw.McKay has some mobility as well.If McCutcheon is taken away then others need to step up like Jaiden Smith 6'5 200 or Tanner Trafton 6'5 230 or Peyton Hansler 6'4 210 hope these guys have breakaway speed and they have quite a few guys who are RUN-N-SHOOT types at the WR spot.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:48 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:40 pm

Are you sure that you haven't? :coffee:
Well, there does seem to be a lot of single/divorced guys around, as well as Mark, so could be.
:roll:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Went with Montana and Sac State...no real reason why.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:08 pm
GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:27 pm I went with the Sac St at Monatana since I will be at the game :)
Our only chance is to get up early to put pressure in the young QB. Otherwise I think Montana just grounds and pounds to a win. I don't see our RPO getting much against the Griz front.
Is Montana’s QB1 still injured?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:10 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:08 pm

Is Montana’s QB1 still injured?
The assumption is yes.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Sac State at Griz.

I still want to catch a game in Missoula before the place is overrun by Californians.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

North Carolina A&T will have its hands full with Kennesaw St they run the TRIPLE STYLE OPTION ATTACK and A&T they feature the top ranked RUN DEFENSE in the BIG SOUTH they allow 95.2 yd per game.I wonder what Kennesaw St will do on defense????