SWAC Question

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

SWAC Question

Post by SuperHornet »

Given that Jackson State won the SWAC (with its inherent berth in the Celebration Bowl against MEAC Champ SC State) and SWAC #2 Florida A&M earned a playoff berth, is the question that the SWAC CHAMP is required to go to the Celebration Bowl, or that SOME SWAC team must go? Could Jackson State have chosen the playoffs, leaving the SWAC to send FAMU to the Celebration Bowl? How would that have affected relations? Does dal have something to say about this?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: SWAC Question

Post by dbackjon »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:12 pm Given that Jackson State won the SWAC (with its inherent berth in the Celebration Bowl against MEAC Champ SC State) and SWAC #2 Florida A&M earned a playoff berth, is the question that the SWAC CHAMP is required to go to the Celebration Bowl, or that SOME SWAC team must go? Could Jackson State have chosen the playoffs, leaving the SWAC to send FAMU to the Celebration Bowl? How would that have affected relations? Does dal have something to say about this?
SWAC Champ is required to go to the Celebration Bowl
:thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:12 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:12 pm Given that Jackson State won the SWAC (with its inherent berth in the Celebration Bowl against MEAC Champ SC State) and SWAC #2 Florida A&M earned a playoff berth, is the question that the SWAC CHAMP is required to go to the Celebration Bowl, or that SOME SWAC team must go? Could Jackson State have chosen the playoffs, leaving the SWAC to send FAMU to the Celebration Bowl? How would that have affected relations? Does dal have something to say about this?
This year, anyway, that does bring up the question of whether or not Jackson State would do better in the playoffs than FAMU. FAMU does have a bit of history on its side, even if it's just for a round or two. But Coach Prime DOES have Jackson State playing very well this year....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:17 pm
dbackjon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:12 pm

This year, anyway, that does bring up the question of whether or not Jackson State would do better in the playoffs than FAMU. FAMU does have a bit of history on its side, even if it's just for a round or two. But Coach Prime DOES have Jackson State playing very well this year....
FAMU has a Natty, a lot of proud programs can't say that.
GAD_SU
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern U.
A.K.A.: GAD

Post by GAD_SU »

Jackson State has not won the SWAC championship, they won the east division and face west division champ Prairie View on Dec.4th. Winner of that will go the the Celebration Bowl to take on MEAC Champ South Carolina State
to answer your question the SWAC champ has to go to the Celebration Bowl
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

FAMU is going to have its hands full this weekend vs.Southeastern Louisiana they have a QB named Cole Kelly he is 6'7 260 and leads the FCS in passing yds 4,382 this guy is BUCK BUCHANAN with a howitzer for a right arm!!!!! I would love to see Jackson St in the FCS playoffs!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

AshevilleApp wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:12 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:17 pm

FAMU has a Natty, a lot of proud programs can't say that.
They are only school from the MEAC to make that claim.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Technically, they would be SWAC #3, because the SWAC East and West division champs are both ineligible for the playoffs because of the SWAC title game being after the playoffs start.
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

GAD_SU wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:42 am
Jackson State has not won the SWAC championship, they won the east division and face west division champ Prairie View on Dec.4th. Winner of that will go the the Celebration Bowl to take on MEAC Champ South Carolina State
to answer your question the SWAC champ has to go to the Celebration Bowl
Now that JSU got smoked this will do wonders for SCSU for recruiting purposes.They have signed a 6'4 QB Andre Washington to give some juice to their passing attack.I wonder what SCSU would have done in the FCS PLAYOFFS vs Southeastern Louisiana and its pass happy attack.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:17 pm This year, anyway, that does bring up the question of whether or not Jackson State would do better in the playoffs than FAMU.
Question answered. :lol:

I love that JSU got beaten by a really mediocre SCST after all this hype last week.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

89Hen wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:07 am
SuperHornet wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:17 pm This year, anyway, that does bring up the question of whether or not Jackson State would do better in the playoffs than FAMU.

I love that JSU got beaten by a really mediocre SCST after all this hype last week.
They were not that mediocre that game will do wonders for SCSU when it comes to recruiting.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:56 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:07 am

They were not that mediocre that game will do wonders for SCSU when it comes to recruiting.
Those 3 FBS losses to start the season, really skewed their record.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:56 am
dal4018 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:56 am
Those 3 FBS losses to start the season, really skewed their record.
It shows they were not scared to play the big schools