Citadel HOFer Moves Up

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Citadel HOFer Moves Up

Post by SuperHornet »

CAPT (Rev. Dr.) Carey Cash, CHC, USN, a 1992 First Team All-America (AP, Walter Camp, TSN) right tackle for The Citadel who led the Cadets to the SoCon Championship, and a member of the Citadel Hall of Fame Class of 2005, was recently nominated for promotion to flag rank. This likely places him in position to serve as the U.S. Navy Deputy Chief of Chaplains/Chaplain of the Marine Corps. At Citadel, he earned a total of TEN letters (four for football, three for indoor track, and three for outdoor track).

Congratulations, Chaplain!

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Citadel HOFer Moves Up

Post by CID1990 »

Carey was an anchor on that team, one of our best ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:42 pm Carey was an anchor on that team, one of our best ever.

:nod: :nod:
The Charlie Taaffe years. I probably went to 90% of the home games in the 1990s. There was a QB, I want to say his name was Sterling but I'm probably wrong, that was phenomenal.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:42 pm Carey was an anchor on that team, one of our best ever.

:nod: :nod:
The Charlie Taaffe years. I probably went to 90% of the home games in the 1990s. There was a QB, I want to say his name was Sterling but I'm probably wrong, that was phenomenal.
The name you are looking for is JACK DOUGLAS

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:26 pm
Ibanez wrote: :nod: :nod:
The name you are looking for is JACK DOUGLAS

Wasn't he early 90s/late 80s? I'm thinking of someone more mid to late 90s. Douglas was incredible, I remember a few his games.

So many Saturdays were spent with my dad and uncle, lining up on Hagood Ave to watch the cadets march in, getting drinks and boiled peanuts at the Brigadier Club and sitting with all my dad and uncles old Citadel friends. The stories those guys told of their time in the 1960s were incredible. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:26 pm The name you are looking for is JACK DOUGLAS

Wasn't he early 90s/late 80s? I'm thinking of someone more mid to late 90s. Douglas was incredible, I remember a few his games.

So many Saturdays were spent with my dad and uncle, lining up on Hagood Ave to watch the cadets march in, getting drinks and boiled peanuts at the Brigadier Club and sitting with all my dad and uncles old Citadel friends. The stories those guys told of their time in the 1960s were incredible. :lol:
Jack took over from Brendan Potts in the 1989 Navy game in Annapolis when Potts got hurt.

Aside- that game was Hurricane Hugo weekend.

Aside 2- Potts was boffing a well know female news anchor in Charleston….

Jack started from then until the 1992 season. He only lost one game versus FBS during that time- Air Force. He was QB in 2 wind over Army, one over Navy, Arkansas and South Carolina. The 1992 team was our GOAT. We finished #1 in the nation in the regular season, and lost to Youngstown State in the semis. The only other team that beat us that season was the eventual champ, Marshall.

Jack was a better wishbone QB than JC Watts and that is not an exaggeration.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:51 am
Ibanez wrote:

Jack took over from Brendan Potts in the 1989 Navy game in Annapolis when Potts got hurt.

Jack started from then until the 1992 season. He only lost one game versus FBS during that time- Air Force. He was QB in 2 wind over Army, one over Navy, Arkansas and South Carolina. The 1992 team was our GOAT. We finished #1 in the nation in the regular season, and lost to Youngstown State in the semis. The only other team that beat us that season was the eventual champ, Marshall.

:thumb: Good stuff man.

Leslie Lyles? I had such a huge crush on her as a kid...
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:51 am Jack took over from Brendan Potts in the 1989 Navy game in Annapolis when Potts got hurt.

:thumb: Good stuff man.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether it was the Snow Queen of the Cooper River or not

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:41 pm
Ibanez wrote: :thumb: Good stuff man.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether it was the Snow Queen of the Cooper River or not

I won't tolerate any besmirching of her fine character.