Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Re: Big Sky Predictions (2022)

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

BlackFalkin wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:22 am
Wildcat Ryan wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:36 pm

Eastern should fear Weber. The Wildcats have had their number.
The Wildcats haven't had many BSC trophies though, that's the problem young guy. By the way, I know you guys built that champions hall or whatever, but that was like 9th on the todo list, behind renovating that ultra_generic_football_stadium.com football field you have up there. Maybe if you guys renovated that generic pos, you'd get the best Mormon recruits out there and win some playoff games.

Don’t force my hand little guy. :coffee:

3 straight wins over the Mighty Eastern Washington. 2 of those 3 came on that red carpet you think so highly of.
:lol:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Revisit Time…

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:10 pm
  • 1. Montana State__________8-0____10-1_____ If they can put up any sort of passing game at all, the Bobcats should be fine
    2. Weber State____________7-1_____9-2_____ They have to go to Bozeman, but the Wildcats get Eastern, Sac, and Montana all at home
    3. Sacramento State ______7-1_____9-2_____ Troy Taylor is 15-1 in Big Sky play, and his 2022 offense is loaded
    4. Montana _______________5-3_____8-3_____ The Griz have so much talent on defense, but their only real offensive star is a RB that hasn't played in 3 years :?
    5. Northern Arizona ______5-3_____6-5_____ The playoffs are possible if Martinez & Daniels can stay healthy
    6. Eastern Washington____4-4_____5-6_____ A solid team that could easily be 1-5 in the middle of October :?
    7. Idaho___________________4-4_____5-6_____ I can only imagine the relief one must get from having a Petrino lifted off their shoulders…
    8. UC Davis ______________4-4_____5-6_____ The Aggies were a legit playoff team last September, but I expect this year's squad to perform more like the Oct./Nov. version
    9. Portland State__________1-7_____2-9_____ The Viks just aren't good enough to survive a schedule this difficult
    10.Cal Poly _______________1-7_____2-9_____ The 'Stangs should be improved (at least on offense), but they have a long way to go
    11.Northern Colorado_____1-7_____2-9_____ Does Costco sell clipboards?
    12.Idaho State ____________1-7_____1-10____ The Bengals are just as bad as NoCo, but they at least have some hope for the future

• 1. Sacramento State ______8-0____11-0_____ +1/+2 vs. my predictions
    2. Montana State__________8-0____10-1_____ Nailed It!
    3. Weber State____________6-2_____9-2_____ -1/0 vs. my predictions
    4. Idaho __________________6-2_____7-4_____ +2/+2 vs. my predictions
    5. UC Davis_______________5-3_____6-5_____ +1/+1 vs. my predictions
    6. Montana _______________4-4_____7-4_____ -1/-1 vs. my predictions
    7. Portland State__________3-5_____4-7_____ +2/+2 vs. my predictions
    8. Eastern Washington____2-6_____3-8_____ -2/-2 vs. my predictions
    9. Northern Colorado_____2-6_____3-8_____ +1/+1 vs. my predictions
    10.Northern Arizona ______2-6_____3-8_____ -3/-3 vs. my predictions
    11.Idaho State ____________1-7_____1-10____ Nailed It!
    12.Cal Poly _______________1-7_____2-9_____ Nailed It!

I nailed 3 teams this year as opposed to just 1 last year. Cal Poly wasn't as competitive in their losses as I expected, though.
The Griz somehow did worse than my relatively bearish expectations.
Ironically, the "RB that hasn't played in 3 years" for Montana quit the team and entered the portal a week ago. :?
Despite a couple of near-upsets late in the year, NAU was the Big Sky's most disappointing team.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions (2022)

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

This season's exact split down the middle between the "haves" and "have-nots" was bizarrely striking. None of the bottom-6 had a single win against the top-6, and the average scoring margin in games between the two camps was 29.7 ppg. :shock: