Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-30

Post by JALMOND »

The first week of conference play is in the books and I am still looking for perfection with a record so far of 36-6. All schools are playing this week again, with those that were home last week are on the road, and vice-versa. On paper this week looks rather easy to predict, but the one I missed last week should have been easy as well (thank you Montana). All games on Saturday. Here are my picks.

UI at EWU---The Vandals are the real deal, taking care of Sacramento State at home last week. However, the Eagles showed they are also the real deal, heading to UC Davis and getting a good win. So, who will continue their good season and show they are once again the real deal?...UI 31, EWU 28.

ISU at UM---Entering this game one team is 1-0 in conference play and one is 0-1. Care to take a guess as to which is which? Sorry, thank you for playing. The Bengals got a win last week while the Grizzlies took one on the chin. Bengals are playing loose and the Grizzlies need this one...UM 28, ISU 10.

NAU at SAC---Again, one team is 1-0 and the other is 0-1. Any guesses? The Lumberjacks surprised Montana at home last week, while the Hornets fell short in the conference marquee game to Idaho. Do the Jacks have another surprise, or can the Hornets emerge with a win at home...SAC 31, NAU 20.

PSU at MSU---The Vikings rolled out to a strong first half and coasted the rest of the way at home last week. The Bobcats never let their paw off the pedal and got a good road win. Who keeps on the gas in this game? Maybe a tough test for both than last week...MSU 28, PSU 21.

UCD at CP---The Aggies are a good 0-1 team in conference play, but they are the road team this week. The Mustangs are struggling and while they have two wins already, these games count and they didn't play well last week. But they are at home, as if that makes a difference...UCD 24, CP 10.

WSU at UNC---Perhaps the Wildcats slept through their wake up call last week because they looked like they were sleepwalking in their home loss. The Bears had an excuse as they were on the road, but they also looked like they never woke up either. Who wants this game?...WSU 31, UNC 21.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-30

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Idaho 38-28 EWU — Eastern looks like a playoff team, Idaho looks like a title contender

Davis 31-17 Calol Poly — Larison may be out, but Davis has still won 6 straight over the 'Stangs by an average margin of 28.5 ppg

NAU 14-41 Sac StateNAU's upset of Montana probably wasn't about NAU being good

Idaho St. 13-30 MontanaI don't think the Griz will be making the playoffs this year, but this isn't the game that's gonna decide that

Portland St. 21-41 Montana St.I honestly have no clue how good PSU is, but I doubt they're on the level of the 'Cats

Weber 27-10 NoCo — The "Offensively Challenged Game of the Week"
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UI - We'll see if EWU is back in this one.
UM - Toss up, going with the home team.
Sac - We'll see how the Hornets respond to their first BSC loss since 2019.
MSU - I don't think this will be close.
phags - CP is just awful.
WSU - A UNC wouldn't surprise me.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Where’s the rankings?
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:33 pm The first week of conference play is in the books and I am still looking for perfection with a record so far of 36-6. All schools are playing this week again, with those that were home last week are on the road, and vice-versa. On paper this week looks rather easy to predict, but the one I missed last week should have been easy as well (thank you Montana). All games on Saturday. Here are my picks.

UI at EWU---The Vandals are the real deal, taking care of Sacramento State at home last week. However, the Eagles showed they are also the real deal, heading to UC Davis and getting a good win. So, who will continue their good season and show they are once again the real deal?...UI 31, EWU 28.

ISU at UM---Entering this game one team is 1-0 in conference play and one is 0-1. Care to take a guess as to which is which? Sorry, thank you for playing. The Bengals got a win last week while the Grizzlies took one on the chin. Bengals are playing loose and the Grizzlies need this one...UM 28, ISU 10.

NAU at SAC---Again, one team is 1-0 and the other is 0-1. Any guesses? The Lumberjacks surprised Montana at home last week, while the Hornets fell short in the conference marquee game to Idaho. Do the Jacks have another surprise, or can the Hornets emerge with a win at home...SAC 31, NAU 20.

PSU at MSU---The Vikings rolled out to a strong first half and coasted the rest of the way at home last week. The Bobcats never let their paw off the pedal and got a good road win. Who keeps on the gas in this game? Maybe a tough test for both than last week...MSU 28, PSU 21.

UCD at CP---The Aggies are a good 0-1 team in conference play, but they are the road team this week. The Mustangs are struggling and while they have two wins already, these games count and they didn't play well last week. But they are at home, as if that makes a difference...UCD 24, CP 10.

WSU at UNC---Perhaps the Wildcats slept through their wake up call last week because they looked like they were sleepwalking in their home loss. The Bears had an excuse as they were on the road, but they also looked like they never woke up either. Who wants this game?...WSU 31, UNC 21.
A little shaky, but perfection achieved. 6-0 takes me to 42-6 for the season.