Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 11-11

Post by JALMOND »

Games this weekend are on Veterans Day and a special shout to all the veterans out there. Heading in to this weekend I am at 56-17 for the year and I have never had a season with 20 misses, but I am on that pace this year. We are coming down the stretch and teams are making a push, both for the playoffs and for next year. Here are my predictions for the conference games this weekend.

CP at SAC---The Mustangs are still trying to play out the string and take some positives in to next season. However, a trip to the Hornet nest is not something that will be good for them. The Hornets are trying to secure a playoff spot and do not want to create any doubt for the committee...SAC 41, CP 7.

EWU at MSU---The Eagles are trying to gain momentum for next year and while they have the offense to score on almost anyone, their defense has been their downfall this year. The Bobcats have been dangerous all year and have a strong team top to bottom. They want to make some playoff noise...MSU 52, EWU 31.

UI at WSU---The Vandals are trying to ride the wave of their impressive win two weeks ago into a strong presence in the playoffs. The Wildcats season has been derailed early on and they are trying to get some good vibes for next year. A dome team outdoors in November. Take the home team...WSU 24, UI 17.

UM at PSU---The Grizzlies are playing well right now and are peaking at the right time. The early season struggles seem so long ago. The offense is clicking and the defense has been stout all year. The Vikings have been scaring everyone, but they have not been able to string victories...UM 38, PSU 14.

UNC at NAU---The Bears are still looking for their first win, but they have been playing everyone tough which makes one think they will break through and get that win. The Lumberjacks have been hot and cold, able to play with anyone and able to lose to anyone. But this is at home indoors...NAU 40, UNC 10.

UCD at ISU---The Aggies are still hoping for a playoff berth, but they need to win out and then get a favorable vote from the committee. The winning is something they can control They do have to go to the Bengals barn that has not been too kind to visitors. The Bengals would like to win again...UCD 28, ISU 26.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 11-11

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Montana 34-23 Portland St. — Classic trap game, but PSU's now out of the running so an unimpressive win is more likely than an upset loss

Cal Poly 10-42 Sac StateA "style points for the playoff committee" game for the Hornets

Davis 38-28 Idaho St. — If there was Big Sky Fantasy Football, this would be an ideal week to play Lan Larison

Idaho 27-13 Weber — A semi-trap game, but Weber's offense just isn't threatening

NololColol 10-31 NAUThe home team has won 9 straight in this series

EWU 27-49 Montana St.The Big Sky's Worst Run Defense + Playing in Bozeman ≠ Good Chance of Winning
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

The two most likely upsets are PSU and ISU with ISU being the more likely. Wouldn’t necessarily bet on either though.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:18 pm Montana 34-23 Portland St. — Classic trap game, but PSU's now out of the running so an unimpressive win is more likely than an upset loss

Cal Poly 10-42 Sac StateA "style points for the playoff committee" game for the Hornets

Davis 38-28 Idaho St. — If there was Big Sky Fantasy Football, this would be an ideal week to play Lan Larison

Idaho 27-13 Weber — A semi-trap game, but Weber's offense just isn't threatening

EWU 27-49 Montana St.The Big Sky's Worst Run Defense + Playing in Bozeman ≠ Good Chance of Winning
Surprised Larrison was able to come back. He’s solid.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

kalm wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:16 am
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:18 pm Montana 34-23 Portland St. — Classic trap game, but PSU's now out of the running so an unimpressive win is more likely than an upset loss

Surprised Larrison was able to come back. He’s solid.
Yeah… Watching the EWU/Davis game at the time he got hurt, everyone on the team was acting like that was it for him and offering their condolences. :?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Sac State
MSU
UI
UM
NAU
phags
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:45 pm Games this weekend are on Veterans Day and a special shout to all the veterans out there. Heading in to this weekend I am at 56-17 for the year and I have never had a season with 20 misses, but I am on that pace this year. We are coming down the stretch and teams are making a push, both for the playoffs and for next year. Here are my predictions for the conference games this weekend.

CP at SAC---The Mustangs are still trying to play out the string and take some positives in to next season. However, a trip to the Hornet nest is not something that will be good for them. The Hornets are trying to secure a playoff spot and do not want to create any doubt for the committee...SAC 41, CP 7.

EWU at MSU---The Eagles are trying to gain momentum for next year and while they have the offense to score on almost anyone, their defense has been their downfall this year. The Bobcats have been dangerous all year and have a strong team top to bottom. They want to make some playoff noise...MSU 52, EWU 31.

UI at WSU---The Vandals are trying to ride the wave of their impressive win two weeks ago into a strong presence in the playoffs. The Wildcats season has been derailed early on and they are trying to get some good vibes for next year. A dome team outdoors in November. Take the home team...WSU 24, UI 17.

UM at PSU---The Grizzlies are playing well right now and are peaking at the right time. The early season struggles seem so long ago. The offense is clicking and the defense has been stout all year. The Vikings have been scaring everyone, but they have not been able to string victories...UM 38, PSU 14.

UNC at NAU---The Bears are still looking for their first win, but they have been playing everyone tough which makes one think they will break through and get that win. The Lumberjacks have been hot and cold, able to play with anyone and able to lose to anyone. But this is at home indoors...NAU 40, UNC 10.

UCD at ISU---The Aggies are still hoping for a playoff berth, but they need to win out and then get a favorable vote from the committee. The winning is something they can control They do have to go to the Bengals barn that has not been too kind to visitors. The Bengals would like to win again...UCD 28, ISU 26.
I picked a good time to go perfect. 62-17 for the year. Now I have some hope. :lol: