Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 11-18

Post by JALMOND »

We have now reached the last games of the season in the conference and I have given myself a chance to avoid 20 misses in a season. I am currently at 62-17 and in all the years of predicting the games in the conference, the most wrong guesses I've had was 19 misses. I need to go at least 4-2 this weekend. That said here are my picks for this weekend's Big Sky games. I've listed the games in order of what I think are important, from the least important to the most important. Good luck to everyone this week.

WSU at CP---The Wildcats are trying to build on their winning streak since resuming play after their bye week and they head on the road to face the Mustangs, who played one of the heavies pretty tough last weekend but still seem to be struggling down the stretch. The Wildcats should end the season with a win to build on...WSU 38, CP 17.

PSU at UNC---It is mildly interesting to get to the last game of the season and have a team like the Bears that hasn't won a game yet. Playing at home this weekend against the Vikings, who looked like they already have checked out for the season. The Bears have looked tough, so the Vikings better come to play...PSU 24, UNC 20.

NAU at EWU---The Lumberjacks got a fairly unimpressive win last week over the winless basement dwellers, but a win is a win. They have momentum heading out on the road to face the Eagles, who got thumped by one of the better teams in the conference. Like last week, a dome team playing outdoors in November...EWU 48, NAU 28.

Now to games that count---

ISU at UI---After last week's perplexing loss on the road, the Vandals may have cost them a seed. They will need an impressive win at home over their rivals to look good. The Bengals have had a good season and, while no playoffs are on the horizon, they can derail the hopes of their rival. Still, Vandals take care of business...UI 51, ISU 28.

SAC at UCD---The Hornets picked a bad time for an uninspired home win last week against one of the basement teams. Now they head out to face the Aggies, who have been on a roll that they hope will lead them to a playoff berth. The Hornets could use a win to look good for the committee. The Aggies need one for a chance...UCD 38, SAC 35.

MSU at UM---For the conference title. Two fairly even teams. The Bobcats offense has been dynamic and their defense has been solid. The Grizzlies have been improving every week on both sides as well and now are playing their best football so far. Both teams are strong. Great offenses usually mean the defenses will shine...UM 17, MSU 15.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 11-18

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

NAU 24-38 EWUFinal game for both coaches?

Weber 34-17 Cal Poly — They got their offense going too late to contend, but the Wildcats can still clinch a winning season

Sac State 24-27 DavisThe Hornets have been pretty middling in conference play, to be honest

Idaho St. 13-38 IdahoThe not-so-biggest rivalry in the state of Idaho…

Montana St. 31-24 Montana — The Griz can't possibly get outcoached as badly as they did last year… right? :?

Portland St. 23-17 NololColol — The Bears have played solid defense at home, but they haven't shown any offense anywhere
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

WSU
PSU
EWU
UI
Sac State
MSU
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:40 am
Sac State 24-27 DavisThe Hornets have been pretty middling in conference play, to be honest
:? We've beaten the teams we should have beaten and only lost to top 10 (5?) ranked opponents.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:07 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:40 am
:? We've beaten the teams we should have beaten and only lost to top 10 (5?) ranked opponents.
Blowout loss to Montana
Double-digit loss to MSU at home
1-point home win over NAU
1-score win over NoCo
11-point win over Cal Poly, which is CP's closest loss

The Hornets are just 1-6 against the spread in Big Sky play. The only impressive performance by Sac since the Stanford win was the blowout of Idaho State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:04 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:07 pm

Blowout loss to Montana
1-score win over NoCo

The Hornets are just 1-6 against the spread in Big Sky play. The only impressive performance by Sac since the Stanford win was the blowout of Idaho State.
Oh, you're looking at the spread and not actual dubs. Got it. :lol:

We also got a blow out win over the Southland champ...but that doesn't fit the narrative, right?
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:59 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:04 pm

Blowout loss to Montana
1-score win over NoCo

Oh, you're looking at the spread and not actual dubs. Got it. :lol:

We also got a blow out win over the Southland champ...but that doesn't fit the narrative, right?
Uh, that was before the Stanford win. :?

My point isn't that Sac is a middling team overall. My point is that Sac has looked like a middling Big Sky team since conference play started.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:40 am NAU 24-38 EWUFinal game for both coaches?

Weber 34-17 Cal Poly — They got their offense going too late to contend, but the Wildcats can still clinch a winning season

Montana St. 31-24 Montana — The Griz can't possibly get outcoached as badly as they did last year… right? :?

Portland St. 23-17 NololColol — The Bears have played solid defense at home, but they haven't shown any offense anywhere
Really wish I was better at watching football, but last year, it sure seemed the Griz were beat up before that game. A lot of ginger steps were taken.

Of course I kinda felt the same way about MSU the previous year when they lost in Missoula.

I could totally be making that crap up in my head in regards to the last two games, but I think the game today will be a blast to watch. Montanas D has gotten a break this year with the offense actually being able to drive up TOP and there looks to be good rotation to keep everyone healthy.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:45 am
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:40 am NAU 24-38 EWUFinal game for both coaches?

Really wish I was better at watching football, but last year, it sure seemed the Griz were beat up before that game. A lot of ginger steps were taken.

Of course I kinda felt the same way about MSU the previous year when they lost in Missoula.

I could totally be making that crap up in my head in regards to the last two games, but I think the game today will be a blast to watch. Montanas D has gotten a break this year with the offense actually being able to drive up TOP and there looks to be good rotation to keep everyone healthy.
It's now four straight times in Griz/Cat that the home team was dialed in while the road team didn't bother to show up.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:07 pm We have now reached the last games of the season in the conference and I have given myself a chance to avoid 20 misses in a season. I am currently at 62-17 and in all the years of predicting the games in the conference, the most wrong guesses I've had was 19 misses. I need to go at least 4-2 this weekend. That said here are my picks for this weekend's Big Sky games. I've listed the games in order of what I think are important, from the least important to the most important. Good luck to everyone this week.

WSU at CP---The Wildcats are trying to build on their winning streak since resuming play after their bye week and they head on the road to face the Mustangs, who played one of the heavies pretty tough last weekend but still seem to be struggling down the stretch. The Wildcats should end the season with a win to build on...WSU 38, CP 17.

PSU at UNC---It is mildly interesting to get to the last game of the season and have a team like the Bears that hasn't won a game yet. Playing at home this weekend against the Vikings, who looked like they already have checked out for the season. The Bears have looked tough, so the Vikings better come to play...PSU 24, UNC 20.

NAU at EWU---The Lumberjacks got a fairly unimpressive win last week over the winless basement dwellers, but a win is a win. They have momentum heading out on the road to face the Eagles, who got thumped by one of the better teams in the conference. Like last week, a dome team playing outdoors in November...EWU 48, NAU 28.

Now to games that count---

ISU at UI---After last week's perplexing loss on the road, the Vandals may have cost them a seed. They will need an impressive win at home over their rivals to look good. The Bengals have had a good season and, while no playoffs are on the horizon, they can derail the hopes of their rival. Still, Vandals take care of business...UI 51, ISU 28.

SAC at UCD---The Hornets picked a bad time for an uninspired home win last week against one of the basement teams. Now they head out to face the Aggies, who have been on a roll that they hope will lead them to a playoff berth. The Hornets could use a win to look good for the committee. The Aggies need one for a chance...UCD 38, SAC 35.

MSU at UM---For the conference title. Two fairly even teams. The Bobcats offense has been dynamic and their defense has been solid. The Grizzlies have been improving every week on both sides as well and now are playing their best football so far. Both teams are strong. Great offenses usually mean the defenses will shine...UM 17, MSU 15.
5-1 this week, closed out the last two weeks 11-1 which means I avoided a 20-miss season. I end it at 67-18. :thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

NO one picked NAU!
:thumb:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:28 am NO one picked NAU!
We all thought Eastern still had some dignity left! :? ;)
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:02 pm
dbackjon wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:28 am NO one picked NAU!
We all thought Eastern still had some dignity left! :? ;)
They play on a bloody tampon. How much dignity can they have?
:thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Nice after the fact 4 min summary video on The Brawl.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz