Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-7

Post by JALMOND »

After the first week I am a perfect 13-0 and hoping to continue this perfection. One conference game this week and everyone else gets another non-conference game, for a total of 11 games. The last time I was perfect after the first week was the very first year I started this (2004). I have never gone the first two weeks perfect, but there is always a first time. Here are my humble predictions for this week.

UI at Wyoming---After last week's performance against one of the top dogs in all of FBS, the Vandals are the chic pick to get this scalp over a G5 team. Their opponent is breaking in a new coach and had a lackluster performance last week, so that adds to the lure of taking the Vandals in this one. But it is still FCS vs FBS...Wyoming 24, UI 21.

Western Oregon at ISU---Could the Bengals be building something for this year? They really didn't look bad stepping up a level and playing on the road last week. They now bring in a lower division team for their home opener and hope to continue the good vibes...ISU 45, Western Oregon 14.

UM at North Dakota---The Grizzlies hit the road this weekend after playing a rather closer than expected home opener last week. This week, they stay in the Missouri Valley, playing a former conference foe. They may still be trying to get the offense tuned up, so the defense needs to win some games...UM 17, North Dakota 14.

CP at Stanford---Could things get any worse for the Mustangs after last week's loss to an FCS non-scholly team? How about this week's trip up north to play a P5 school. Fortunately, their opponent does not have as good a team as they once did, which could be good. But unfortunately, neither do the Mustangs...Stanford 31, CP 7.

UNC at Colorado State---Fresh off a good showing against one of the FCS heavyweights, the Bears step up a level to play their big brothers just down the road. The Bears remained in contention last week and kept it close. There may be a moral victory if they can keep it close in this game...Colorado State 31, UNC 7.

Drake at EWU---After last week's impressive win against the CAA, the Eagles look to do the same this week against a non-scholly Pioneer squad. These games will truly get them ready for when the conference schedule starts. The Eagles should continue to look good this week, just like last week...EWU 38, Drake 10.

Maine at MSU---The Bobcats really took their start of the season like gangbusters, getting two good wins on the road, and stating their case for not only the conference title, but possible national champions. Their FBS win was great, their road FCS win was good, can they get the home win?...MSU 40, Maine 14.

PSU at WSU---The conference opener for the conference, as well as these two. Both took losses to FBS opponents in the state of Washington last week. Both the Vikings and the Wildcats will want to get this conference win to keep their dream alive. Good early season game with a lot on it...WSU 24, PSU 17.

NAU at Arizona---So the Lumberjacks brought in an inferior opponent last week and beat them up handily, like they were supposed to. Their reward is to head down south to their big brothers in the FBS, where they are likely to get beaten up handily, returning the favor...Arizona 45, NAU 14

SAC at Fresno State---By all rights, the Hornets should have had the game won last week, but caved in the fourth quarter, similar to what their opponent this week did in their game. The Hornets may have enough to get the win here and make up for last week, or they may just fall short...Fresno State 31, SAC 24.

Texas A&M-Commerce at UCD---The Aggies looked good for most of the game last week, but they just could get on top of their FBS brothers. They return to the FCS this week for their home opener, bringing in a team from the Southland. They need these types of game to get some wins...UCD 28, Texas A&M-Commerce 14.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-7

Post by kalm »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:15 pm After the first week I am a perfect 13-0 and hoping to continue this perfection. One conference game this week and everyone else gets another non-conference game, for a total of 11 games. The last time I was perfect after the first week was the very first year I started this (2004). I have never gone the first two weeks perfect, but there is always a first time. Here are my humble predictions for this week.

UI at Wyoming---After last week's performance against one of the top dogs in all of FBS, the Vandals are the chic pick to get this scalp over a G5 team. Their opponent is breaking in a new coach and had a lackluster performance last week, so that adds to the lure of taking the Vandals in this one. But it is still FCS vs FBS...Wyoming 24, UI 21.

Western Oregon at ISU---Could the Bengals be building something for this year? They really didn't look bad stepping up a level and playing on the road last week. They now bring in a lower division team for their home opener and hope to continue the good vibes...ISU 45, Western Oregon 14.

UM at North Dakota---The Grizzlies hit the road this weekend after playing a rather closer than expected home opener last week. This week, they stay in the Missouri Valley, playing a former conference foe. They may still be trying to get the offense tuned up, so the defense needs to win some games...UM 17, North Dakota 14.

CP at Stanford---Could things get any worse for the Mustangs after last week's loss to an FCS non-scholly team? How about this week's trip up north to play a P5 school. Fortunately, their opponent does not have as good a team as they once did, which could be good. But unfortunately, neither do the Mustangs...Stanford 31, CP 7.

UNC at Colorado State---Fresh off a good showing against one of the FCS heavyweights, the Bears step up a level to play their big brothers just down the road. The Bears remained in contention last week and kept it close. There may be a moral victory if they can keep it close in this game...Colorado State 31, UNC 7.

Drake at EWU---After last week's impressive win against the CAA, the Eagles look to do the same this week against a non-scholly Pioneer squad. These games will truly get them ready for when the conference schedule starts. The Eagles should continue to look good this week, just like last week...EWU 38, Drake 10.

Maine at MSU---The Bobcats really took their start of the season like gangbusters, getting two good wins on the road, and stating their case for not only the conference title, but possible national champions. Their FBS win was great, their road FCS win was good, can they get the home win?...MSU 40, Maine 14.

PSU at WSU---The conference opener for the conference, as well as these two. Both took losses to FBS opponents in the state of Washington last week. Both the Vikings and the Wildcats will want to get this conference win to keep their dream alive. Good early season game with a lot on it...WSU 24, PSU 17.

NAU at Arizona---So the Lumberjacks brought in an inferior opponent last week and beat them up handily, like they were supposed to. Their reward is to head down south to their big brothers in the FBS, where they are likely to get beaten up handily, returning the favor...Arizona 45, NAU 14

SAC at Fresno State---By all rights, the Hornets should have had the game won last week, but caved in the fourth quarter, similar to what their opponent this week did in their game. The Hornets may have enough to get the win here and make up for last week, or they may just fall short...Fresno State 31, SAC 24.

Texas A&M-Commerce at UCD---The Aggies looked good for most of the game last week, but they just could get on top of their FBS brothers. They return to the FCS this week for their home opener, bringing in a team from the Southland. They need these types of game to get some wins...UCD 28, Texas A&M-Commerce 14.
My gut keeps telling me that yes, ISU will show some improvement this season.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Portland St. 22-30 WeberIs this the earliest Big Sky Conference game ever (there haven't been any in early September going back to at least 2008)? :?:

Drake 17-41 EWUThe Bulldogs got a surprise conference title last season… and they celebrated by tying the I-AA/FCS record for largest playoff defeat :lol:

Cal Poly 10-48 StanfordTroy Taylor gets his easiest contest since joining the Cardinal last year

Commerce 9-41 DavisThe Aggies shouldn't have any trouble here

Sac State 17-49 FresnoFresno should be better than SJSU

Idaho 16-27 WyomingThe injury to Jack Layne makes this a bit tougher

Woe-regon 10-41 Idaho St.The Wolves haven't been too good this decade

NAU 20-58 ArizonaThe Wildcats are just a smidge better than NAU's last opponent

Montana 24-27 NoDakThe Alerus is a tough place to play, especially for a team with key players in injury purgatory

Maine 14-42 Montana St.The Bobcats' first of two home games against a UM this year (three if you count MU's)

NololColol 7-41 Colorado St.The Bear losing streak hits 14…
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

JAL and Venus are quite similar this week. I'm liking JAL's slate a bit more, though, largely because I'm of the opinion that North Dakota isn't quite to the level of beating the Griz (ND State, SD State, and possibly South Dakota probably would, however).

Also, I'm hoping that our coaching problems get ironed out this week. I'd like to see SAC-Fresneck be more like JAL's prediction (which is close enough to leave the possibility of a scalp), but if the problems continue, it could look more like Venus' prognostication....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Wyo
ISU
UM
Stanford
CSU
EWU
MSU
WSU
UofA
Fresno
dungpile
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Whoodathunk Idalol would be the one to get a scalp THIS week?!?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:39 pm Whoodathunk Idalol would be the one to get a scalp THIS week?!?
Well, they had the best shot on paper. I thought the Jack Layne injury would prevent it from happening, but apparently Wyoming is even worse than we thought.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:10 pmMontana 24-27 NoDakThe Alerus is a tough place to play, especially for a team with key players in injury purgatory
Nailed it. :|
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

SuperHornet wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:39 pm Whoodathunk Idalol would be the one to get a scalp THIS week?!?
The conference has two wins over the Mountain West and two losses to the Pioneer. :oops:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:15 pm After the first week I am a perfect 13-0 and hoping to continue this perfection. One conference game this week and everyone else gets another non-conference game, for a total of 11 games. The last time I was perfect after the first week was the very first year I started this (2004). I have never gone the first two weeks perfect, but there is always a first time. Here are my humble predictions for this week.

8-3 this week. Missed Idaho, Montana and EWU. 21-3 for the year.