Big Sky Predictions - Week 8

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 8

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Davis 38-27 EWU — The Ags finally stopped playing to their opponents' level last week

Montana St. 38-24 Hillsboro St. — I can see the Viks making this surprisingly difficult for MSU, but their defense isn't good enough to get the W

Weblol 24-31 Sac StateThe Contender/Pretender Bowl…

Cal Poly 10-30 IdahoThis is Idaho's first game of the year where their opponent wasn't either ranked (at the time) or FBS :shock:

Idaho St. 21-31 NAUPicking a score was difficult with NAU's QB situation, but they should win regardless
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 8

Post by SuperHornet »

BBQ is a trap game for us....

I can see the rest of them going Venus' way...BUT...I have a feeling the Manure Pile and Kitty games will be blowouts. I have a hard time seeing MT State play that close to Portland State....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

49-14 for the year and I need another perfect week this week. Five games this weekend with Montana and Northern Colorado sitting this one out. Some questions will be answered after this week, mainly will it be Weber State or Sacramento State that continues to flounder. Here are my predictions for this week's games.

CP at UI---The Mustangs returned to their inept ways last week, falling to one of the top teams in the conference. They get another go this week, against a feisty Vandals squad looking for payback after looking out of sorts on the national stage. This should be easier after last week...UI 48, CP 7.

ISU at NAU---The Bengals came home last week and promptly took one on the chin against a conference equal. They go back on the road to the conference darlings, the Lumberjacks, who are eager to have another opportunity to play a complete game. If they do, they get the win...NAU 38, ISU 28.

MSU at PSU---It really doesn't seem to matter who the Bobcats play, they just show up and steamroll the opposition. They head out on the road to the Vikings home den, who tasted victory for the first time in their crazy schedule. Confidence is a good thing, but playing the top team isn't...MSU 52, PSU 21.

UCD at EWU---The last time the Aggies played on the road, they needed a touchdown on the last play to eke out a win. Last week, the Eagles instilled some confidence themselves by getting a tough road win. They get this game at home against a conference foe that won't ever quit...UCD 28, EWU 26.

WSU at SAC---Both teams were left scratching their head after two strange and unforeseen losses last week. The Wildcats fell to the cellar dwellers at home while the Hornets were letting a team off the ropes, also at home. The winner here can still salvage their season. The loser may need help...SAC 24, WSU 21.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:20 pm 49-14 for the year and I need another perfect week this week. Five games this weekend with Montana and Northern Colorado sitting this one out. Some questions will be answered after this week, mainly will it be Weber State or Sacramento State that continues to flounder. Here are my predictions for this week's games.

CP at UI---The Mustangs returned to their inept ways last week, falling to one of the top teams in the conference. They get another go this week, against a feisty Vandals squad looking for payback after looking out of sorts on the national stage. This should be easier after last week...UI 48, CP 7.

ISU at NAU---The Bengals came home last week and promptly took one on the chin against a conference equal. They go back on the road to the conference darlings, the Lumberjacks, who are eager to have another opportunity to play a complete game. If they do, they get the win...NAU 38, ISU 28.

MSU at PSU---It really doesn't seem to matter who the Bobcats play, they just show up and steamroll the opposition. They head out on the road to the Vikings home den, who tasted victory for the first time in their crazy schedule. Confidence is a good thing, but playing the top team isn't...MSU 52, PSU 21.

UCD at EWU---The last time the Aggies played on the road, they needed a touchdown on the last play to eke out a win. Last week, the Eagles instilled some confidence themselves by getting a tough road win. They get this game at home against a conference foe that won't ever quit...UCD 28, EWU 26.

WSU at SAC---Both teams were left scratching their head after two strange and unforeseen losses last week. The Wildcats fell to the cellar dwellers at home while the Hornets were letting a team off the ropes, also at home. The winner here can still salvage their season. The loser may need help...SAC 24, WSU 21.
Perfect week this week. 54-14 overall.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Davis looked solid. They can play with practically anyone. Larison is still Larison. Patient and always capable of a home run. Hastings is smart and they simply do not take many risks on offense. They’re big and super tall but I think their D can be exploited by speed and on the edges. They’re going to be tough to run against up the middle.