Football Championship Subdivision discussions
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

MSU QB's amass 6TD's in schrimmage

Post by grizzaholic »

Last edited by grizzaholic on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Re: MSU QB's amass 6TD's in schrimmage

Post by grizzaholic »

"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

Or their defense sucks...
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

bandl wrote:Or their defense sucks...
Hell, we scored 5 TDs on them last season.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Their defense doesn't suck, they are sound defensively. Very rarely happens that the offense looks good like that early on in practices/scrimmages so it was either an anomaly or they very well may have a pretty good passing game coming up this year.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by SACCAT »

The cats D will be fine. And if the Offense can get some drives going and give them some rest, they will be scary good. Last year the D was on the field something like 3/4 of the game EVERY game. If the O can put some points on the board early in game and give the D a rest, it should be a great year.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

when will you guys learn... you as fans, cant tell anything from those live sessions. if the 1st team O kills the defense, the defense sucks but that doesnt mean the offense is great. It means they are better than their horrible defense. and vice versa. And on the flip side, if both O & D are pretty equal, that also doesnt mean they are good compared to other teams. POINT IS, you cant tell anything from watching a scrimmage.

the point of the scrimmage is to give the players a feel for hitting and the speed of the game before they get on the big stage again. THATS IT. You guys should be paying me for this good game.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

BlackFalkin wrote:when will you guys learn... you as fans, cant tell anything from those live sessions. if the 1st team O kills the defense, the defense sucks but that doesnt mean the offense is great. It means they are better than their horrible defense. and vice versa. And on the flip side, if both O & D are pretty equal, that also doesnt mean they are good compared to other teams. POINT IS, you cant tell anything from watching a scrimmage.

the point of the scrimmage is to give the players a feel for hitting and the speed of the game before they get on the big stage again. THATS IT. You guys should be paying me for this good game.
Most of us have a pretty good feel for that BF but it doesn't hurt to talk about it and give others your view on what's going on. I think you are a great poster on this board and I DO like what you bring to the board. I really appreciate the players perspectives on this board. The one thing you could do is maybe present it better. However you lay it out is fine with me but you show little respect for anybody and get the same back from a lot of guys. As you said to Grizzall yesterday it takes away from your credibility a little bit. FWIW I think your point is dead on about the scrimmages.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Justin Halpern
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: Most of us have a pretty good feel for that BF but it doesn't hurt to talk about it and give others your view on what's going on. I think you are a great poster on this board and I DO like what you bring to the board. I really appreciate the players perspectives on this board. The one thing you could do is maybe present it better. However you lay it out is fine with me but you show little respect for anybody and get the same back from a lot of guys. As you said to Grizzall yesterday it takes away from your credibility a little bit. FWIW I think your point is dead on about the scrimmages.

I agree its harsh. but its 100% truth... right?
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Last edited by grizzaholic on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Halpern
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

funny because I always give credit where credit is do. ESPECIALLY TO MONTANA. and i wasnt talk to you guy.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Last edited by grizzaholic on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Halpern
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

grizzaholic wrote: Well then why don't you take your BS somewhere else. You continually telling other posters from schools in the FCS to leave because they just don't matter and are nothing but a bunch of losers really makes this board awesome!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Fucking tool. Why don't you go drink a bunch and drown in a pool.

Fucking wasted sperm shot.
"drink a bunch", huh? :roll:

listen guy, calm down, if you dont want to read my posts, dont ream em'. You've got 7k posts in one year... maybe you should get a hobby. eh :thumb: Your taking this internet thing way too serious.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

BlackFalkin wrote:
Ursus A. Horribilis wrote: Most of us have a pretty good feel for that BF but it doesn't hurt to talk about it and give others your view on what's going on. I think you are a great poster on this board and I DO like what you bring to the board. I really appreciate the players perspectives on this board. The one thing you could do is maybe present it better. However you lay it out is fine with me but you show little respect for anybody and get the same back from a lot of guys. As you said to Grizzall yesterday it takes away from your credibility a little bit. FWIW I think your point is dead on about the scrimmages.

I agree its harsh. but its 100% truth... right?
Yes I do believe it is. You can't tell much of anything from a scrimmage except for maybe the speed of a new recruit and so forth. I don't watch close enough to see footwork and so forth but for the average fan you can't put a lot of stock into these things. It's mostly about excitement and hope for the coming season when you're watching.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Last edited by grizzaholic on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Halpern
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

I like BF and we can all handle ourselves on the board so nobody needs to go anywhere. I think we can all just keep fighting it out on the boards and not take things too personally. :thumb:

We ALL dish it out pretty good around here after all.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

grizzaholic wrote: ... You are the one that interjects your shit into regular threads and completely derails them, just like this one.....
grizzaholic wrote: Not to turn this into a smack thread but....
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Last edited by grizzaholic on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Halpern
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3

Post by BlackFalkin »

just shut up & stop b**chin' & moaning. Thats a female trait. oh, and in the future, if you see one of my posts & cant stand to look at it...turn to lifetime movie network or head over to tmz dot com and catch up on the latest gossip.

that is what you females do all day right......................................................idiot :roll:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Last edited by grizzaholic on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Halpern
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

bpcats
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by bpcats »

As far as the Cats offense goes it is a little bit of everything. Our qb's are both in their second year in the system, we have upgraded the talent at the wide receiver position, our fieldturf allowed the qb's and wr's to practice on a consistent basis in the offseason for the first time ever. Besides our passing game basically sucked last year and has nowhere to go but up.

Our running game will be solid and we will be stubborn with it, but with Crawford moving on we don't have that dynamic back that can make plays all by himself. We will rotate a speed guy, power, and a combo running back.

We did lose our left tackle due to grades, so we are converting a DT over to the left tackle position. He will bring an attitude to the position, but will be very raw. His backup is a 6'8" freshman whose dad started in the NFL for a few years. Our running backs/oline are struggling a little bit with blitz pickups as the oline is just starting to gel with their pass blocking. The rest of the oline is very experienced and should be okay.

As far as our defense goes our front seven (if they can stay healthy) should be fairly dominant. At the scrimmage they mainly rushed the front four and still ended up with 10 sacks. Dane Fletcher(Buchannon candidate) is having a monster camp.

The problem we are having is that our secondary has been blasted with injuries. We lost one starting corner for the season, one will be playing hurt all year, our all conference safety is out for 3-4 weeks and our backups that are now getting reps are all either true/or redshirt freshman and one sophomore.

Our defense which once had no obvious holes in it as far as personnel goes, now has inexperienced corners. We do have a good group of safeties but they can only do so much.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Last edited by grizzaholic on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Halpern
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter

bpcats wrote:As far as the Cats offense goes it is a little bit of everything. Our qb's are both in their second year in the system, we have upgraded the talent at the wide receiver position, our fieldturf allowed the qb's and wr's to practice on a consistent basis in the offseason for the first time ever. Besides our passing game basically sucked last year and has nowhere to go but up.

Our running game will be solid and we will be stubborn with it, but with Crawford moving on we don't have that dynamic back that can make plays all by himself. We will rotate a speed guy, power, and a combo running back.

We did lose our left tackle due to grades, so we are converting a DT over to the left tackle position. He will bring an attitude to the position, but will be very raw. His backup is a 6'8" freshman whose dad started in the NFL for a few years. Our running backs/oline are struggling a little bit with blitz pickups as the oline is just starting to gel with their pass blocking. The rest of the oline is very experienced and should be okay.

As far as our defense goes our front seven (if they can stay healthy) should be fairly dominant. At the scrimmage they mainly rushed the front four and still ended up with 10 sacks. Dane Fletcher(Buchannon candidate) is having a monster camp.

The problem we are having is that our secondary has been blasted with injuries. We lost one starting corner for the season, one will be playing hurt all year, our all conference safety is out for 3-4 weeks and our backups that are now getting reps are all either true/or redshirt freshman and one sophomore.

Our defense which once had no obvious holes in it as far as personnel goes, now has inexperienced corners. We do have a good group of safeties but they can only do so much.
Good analysis bp.