Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

College Hoops discussion
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10793
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:02 am

11/5 Scores


    Men

    pbc 25-107 EWU; Eagles win points-off-turnovers 53-2 :lol:
    puget 69-94 PSU; Sal Nuhu gets 12 points, 7 boards, and 6 blocks
    evst 82-88 IDA; The Vandals escaped, but they still allowed a bad NAIA team to shoot 54%
    ISU 40-54 WYO; Hunter Maldonado had 32 of Wyoming's 54 points
    bethca 66-110 SUU; Cameron Oluyitan puts up 15 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 4 steals
    MSU 73-81 USU; Harald Frey scores a career-high 34 in the loss
    UNC 45-69 TEX; The Bears go 2/21 from outside



    Women

    EWU 27-92 STAN; The Eags shoot 14% for the game and 8% in the middle quarters
    mult 48-104 PSU; Six Vikings score in double figures
    IDA 47-62 OKST; These two teams combined to go 12/68 from the arc
    azchr 36-93 ISU; Bengals win points-off-turnovers 52-6 :lol:
    WEB 45-85 UCLA; Bruins win points-in-the-paint 48-12
    msun 45-98 UMT; The Lady Griz break two team records with 41 field goals and 30 assists
    SFRAN 90-83 UNC; The Bears get six players in double figures and lose :?

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42214
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby kalm » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:11 am

Mvemjsunpx wrote:11/5 Scores


    Men

    pbc 25-107 EWU; Eagles win points-off-turnovers 53-2 :lol:
    puget 69-94 PSU; Sal Nuhu gets 12 points, 7 boards, and 6 blocks
    evst 82-88 IDA; The Vandals escaped, but they still allowed a bad NAIA team to shoot 54%
    ISU 40-54 WYO; Hunter Maldonado had 32 of Wyoming's 54 points
    bethca 66-110 SUU; Cameron Oluyitan puts up 15 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 4 steals
    MSU 73-81 USU; Harald Frey scores a career-high 34 in the loss
    UNC 45-69 TEX; The Bears go 2/21 from outside



    Women

    EWU 27-92 STAN; The Eags shoot 14% for the game and 8% in the middle quarters
    mult 48-104 PSU; Six Vikings score in double figures
    IDA 47-62 OKST; These two teams combined to go 12/68 from the arc
    azchr 36-93 ISU; Bengals win points-off-turnovers 52-6 :lol:
    WEB 45-85 UCLA; Bruins win points-in-the-paint 48-12
    msun 45-98 UMT; The Lady Griz break two team records with 41 field goals and 30 assists
    SFRAN 90-83 UNC; The Bears get six players in double figures and lose :?


Mvem’s hoops report is back! :notworthy:

Btw, is Harold Frey eligible for Social Security yet?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby SACCAT » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:37 am

Cats hung in there with a very good team ( e-griz posters say that USU is way overrated, and probably about the same level as UM, Cats fans saying we could be the best team in the Big Sky this year....). I feel good about the game, but a loss is a loss... We will know more about the Cats after their tourney down in North Carolina. I am just glad we played like a full team, and that we have some semblance of an inside game...

JALMOND
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:04 pm
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby JALMOND » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:51 pm

Viks and lady Viks both looked good in the face of lesser opponents. Puget Sound men and Multnomah women are not going to strike fear in any DI team. Women play at Boise on Friday in the WNIT preseason tournament while the men play at Indiana on Saturday. Those two games should be a better indicator for both.

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2453
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby css75 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:00 pm

MSU looked very good last night, and they will be a major threat in conference.

Alas, my Bengals are starting over with a new coach. They will be stressing defense and hopefully improve as the season progresses.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10793
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

11/6 Scores

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:52 am

    Men

    NAU 52-91 UA; Lumberjacks lose fast-break points 29-1
    UMT 62-73 STAN; Sayeed Pridgett gets 17 points, 10 boards, 6 assists, 2 blocks, and 3 steals in the loss
Last edited by Mvemjsunpx on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: 11/7 Scores

Postby SACCAT » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:24 pm

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
    Men

    NAU 52-91 UA; Lumberjacks lose fast-break points 29-1
    UMT 62-73 STAN; Sayeed Pridgett gets 17 points, 10 boards, 6 assists, 2 blocks, and 3 steals in the loss


It will be interesting to see who will end up better Pridgett or Frey... Frey had 34 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and one steal VS Utah State... No blocks, so I will give the edge to Pridgett, but only slightly.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51036
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: 11/7 Scores

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:40 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
    Men

    NAU 52-91 UA; Lumberjacks lose fast-break points 29-1
    UMT 62-73 STAN; Sayeed Pridgett gets 17 points, 10 boards, 6 assists, 2 blocks, and 3 steals in the loss


It will be interesting to see who will end up better Pridgett or Frey... Frey had 34 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and one steal VS Utah State... No blocks, so I will give the edge to Pridgett, but only slightly.


Is Frey on the floor with four true freshmen? :shock: :shock:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: 11/7 Scores

Postby SACCAT » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:52 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
It will be interesting to see who will end up better Pridgett or Frey... Frey had 34 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and one steal VS Utah State... No blocks, so I will give the edge to Pridgett, but only slightly.


Is Frey on the floor with four true freshmen? :shock: :shock:


No, but he does have a new coach, and 4 of the main players are new this year. Another reason I gave Pridgett the edge... You can't really think that Frey isn't one of, if not, the best point guard in the big sky...

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51036
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: 11/7 Scores

Postby AZGrizFan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:07 pm

SACCAT wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Is Frey on the floor with four true freshmen? :shock: :shock:


No, but he does have a new coach, and 4 of the main players are new this year. Another reason I gave Pridgett the edge... You can't really think that Frey isn't one of, if not, the best point guard in the big sky...


He's awesome. Wish he was a Griz. :nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2453
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby css75 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 pm

SACCAT wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Is Frey on the floor with four true freshmen? :shock: :shock:


No, but he does have a new coach, and 4 of the main players are new this year. Another reason I gave Pridgett the edge... You can't really think that Frey isn't one of, if not, the best point guard in the big sky...



Frey was exceptional against USU. those who think Bobcats are a bad team, have a surprise waiting.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2453
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby css75 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:11 pm

ISU picked up a nice win at Air Force 89-79. Glad to see that, they will struggle a bit this year with no real bigs, but they outhustled a similar sized AF team.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby SDHornet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:22 pm

css75 wrote:ISU picked up a nice win at Air Force 89-79. Glad to see that, they will struggle a bit this year with no real bigs, but they outhustled a similar sized AF team.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a good win.

Hornets open up at home to a non-D1 opponent tomorrow. I caught the exhibition last week and the returning starters looked ready to go, the newbies looked unimpressive. Contract year for Katz so we'll see how this goes.

On the women's side I' not really sure what to expect.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12051
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby SDHornet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:23 pm

kalm wrote:Mvem’s hoops report is back! :notworthy:

:+1: :clap:

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10793
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:27 pm

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:Mvem’s hoops report is back! :notworthy:

:+1: :clap:


Thanks, you guys. :thumb:

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10793
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:29 pm

css75 wrote:ISU picked up a nice win at Air Force 89-79. Glad to see that, they will struggle a bit this year with no real bigs, but they outhustled a similar sized AF team.


Any non-conference wins by the Idaho teams will be really be a bonus for the Big Sky this year.

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10793
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

11/7 Scores

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:29 am

    Men

    ISU 89-79 AF; Tarik Cool goes 15/15 from the line and scores 41 points :shock:



    Women

    CSUF 63-79 SUU; Thunderbirds win bench points 46-6

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10793
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

11/8 Scores

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:36 am

    Men

    simp 27-76 SAC; Simpson shot 19% and lost the boards 61-29
    WEB 34-89 USU; Wildcats lose points-in-the-paint 48-8
    UIW 61-83 UNC; Bodie Hume scores a career-high 25



    Women

    EWU 66-84 SJSU; Eagles lose fast-break points 30-5
    PSU 57-82 BSU*; The Viks lose bench points 40-14
    NAU 76-83 UNM; The Lumberjack upset is denied after they blow a 19-point lead
    UCD 65-77 MSU; The Bobcats shoot 52% against the defending Big West champs
    CSU 75-58 UNC; Bear F Ali Meyer had 15 rebounds and 0 points :?

    * - Preseason WNIT

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 42889
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby dbackjon » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:00 am

Is Weber that bad this year, MSU that good, or did USU get a wake up call after the first game?
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21338
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby CID1990 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:16 am

Does the Big Sky get an auto bid to the NCAAs?

Asking for an ACC friend who never noticed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2453
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby css75 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:58 pm

CID1990 wrote:Does the Big Sky get an auto bid to the NCAAs?

Asking for an ACC friend who never noticed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Ask NC friend how UNC did against Weber.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2453
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby css75 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:58 pm

dbackjon wrote:Is Weber that bad this year, MSU that good, or did USU get a wake up call after the first game?


Probably a combo of all 3.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10793
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Basketball, 2019-20

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Southern Utah beat Nebraska in double OT (Nebraska also lost to Riverside a couple days ago).

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10793
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

11/9 Scores

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:04 am

    Men

    EWU 74-66 SEA; Kim Aiken collects a career-high 19 rebounds in a game that had 5 technical fouls
    PSU 74-85 IU; Hoosiers win points-in-the-paint 52-22
    IDA 51-58 UCR; The Vandals shoot 52% from the line in a close game
    SUU 79-78 NEB (2OT); The T-Birds best a Big Ten team on the boards by 14
    rmc 60-93 MSU; Bobcats win fast-break points 26-1



    Women

    SAC 72-83 NEV; Hornet G Gabi Bade had 26 points, but teammate Camariah King went 0/14 from the field
    SUU 71-58 UVU; Suutah wins easy despite shooting 17% in the second half
    UPORT 78-59 WEB; The Pilots shoot 74% in the first half

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10793
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

11/10 Score

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:08 pm

    Men

    msun 50-64 UMT; Sayeed Pridgett scores 30 to help the Griz avoid disaster


Return to “College Hoops”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 78 guests