Dukies go down

College Hoops discussion
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Dukies go down

Post by bluehenbillk »

Always a great 24-48 hours after this happens!!!
Make Delaware Football Great Again
bandl
Towson
Towson

Re: Dukies go down

Post by bandl »

At first I thought you were talking about JMU and was like "WTF did our basketball team ever do to you...they certainly did't WIN". But then I looked them up, and they are 13-3/3-1....WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!

And Duke can suck it. But all this means is that they'll win the conference by 3 games instead of 4.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I always find it odd how many people hate Duke. Great school, clean program, classy coach, best student fans in the country... :|
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

89Hen wrote:I always find it odd how many people hate Duke. Great school, clean program, classy coach, best student fans in the country... :|

1) Duke Vitale
2) ESPN telling us daily how great they are
3) Duke Vitale
:thumb:
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

89Hen wrote:I always find it odd how many people hate Duke. Great school, clean program, classy coach, best student fans in the country... :|
You're right...and I generally call people out that hate teams just because of their success. But I just can't help it with this team...they just rub me the wrong way...:geek:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote:

1) Duke Vitale
3) Duke Vitale
1) This
2) This
3) And this
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote:

1) Duke Vitale
3) Duke Vitale
I can see being tired of them, but do you disagree with ESPN? I'm not a Duke fan, but I also don't hate them. Since 1986 they have only missed the tournament once (1995), have made the Elite Eight 12 times, advanced to the Final Four 11 of those and have 4 championships and 4 runner-ups. I can see hating them for always being there, but it's not really ESPN's fault. UConn is on ESPN just as much this year, Kentucky almost as much, Texas almost as much... IOW, good teams are on. Not really a surprise there.

I think it's actually the chicken and the egg in this case. Do people hate them because they are on ESPN all the time, or are they on ESPN all the time because people hate them? ;)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

I'll give you 3 out of 4 on your list, 89. Where are the "Cameron Crazies" during football season? :?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ivytalk wrote:
I'll give you 3 out of 4 on your list, 89. Where are the "Cameron Crazies" during football season? :?
OK, best student basketball fans in the country. 8-)
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4

Post by bluehenbillk »

If when you were growing up you couldn't stand a bunch of over-achieving white guys flopping on their back more than a cheap Harrisonburg hooker than I don't know if you'd ever get it.

Duke better win it this year, b/c when the NCAA rule goes into effect next year calling automatic blocking fouls for any charge/block scenario inside the halo by the basket, they'll actually have to learn to play defense there.

BTW - The 'Cuse are still undefeated!!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

bluehenbillk wrote:If when you were growing up you couldn't stand a bunch of over-achieving white guys flopping on their back more than a cheap Harrisonburg hooker than I don't know if you'd ever get it.
So you preferred the under-achieving guys who flopped on their back. Gotcha.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

I've never seen a Harrisonburg hooker before. I've seen sluts, lots of them, but never a hooker.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4

Post by bluehenbillk »

bandl wrote:I've never seen a Harrisonburg hooker before. I've seen sluts, lots of them, but never a hooker.
Why do you think you can't get a hotel room in town? :clap:
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

bluehenbillk wrote:
bandl wrote:I've never seen a Harrisonburg hooker before. I've seen sluts, lots of them, but never a hooker.
Why do you think you can't get a hotel room in town? :clap:
I've gotten a hotel room every time I've been there 11 straight years....are you saying the hookers booked every other room?!?! Damn they're efficient.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

lawl

Can you say smack talk crib sheets?
proasu89
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by proasu89 »

I would argue the best fans. They may have the loudest, but it takes a cheer sheet and script to keep most of them in the game. Before they came to Duke I doubt that many of them knew the difference between Basketball and Football. It's too funny to see them lose at home and watch the students cry like there was never a possibility that they could lose.
SuperJon
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty
A.K.A.: awesome

Post by SuperJon »

They're definitely not the best students in the country. They were 6-8 years ago and before that but recently they've really regressed. They are still good, but they get the "best students in the country" off of reputation now.