Sac State Hoops

College Hoops discussion
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Sac State Hoops

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Spokane has a good track record with hosting events. It's home to the largest foot race in the world (Bloomsday), largest 3 on 3 hoops tournament in the world (Hoopfest) and has hosted several NCAA tournament pods. Loads of lodging and downtown right across the river from the Arena.
Yup. This combined with the logistical advantage posted above seems to me like Spokane is the leading candidate. :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Sac State Hoops

Post by SDHornet »

OGDEN, Utah (Feb. 20, 2015) - If the Sacramento State men's basketball team wins the Big Sky Conference regular-season title, the program will host the league championship on its campus.

The Big Sky Conference has approved a plan to transform the institution's recreation and wellness center into a temporary basketball arena for the event.

"The WELL" opened in 2010 and is a 151,000-square foot building located just north of the football stadium.

Roughly 3,000 seats, a portable court, a lighting structure, and basketball stanchions will be moved to "The WELL" to create a suitable venue for the championship. The Sacramento Kings NBA franchise will provide the basketball stanchions.

"It's a beautiful facility,'' said Big Sky Conference Deputy Commissioner Ron Loghry, who toured 'The WELL' on Thursday. "Everyone on Sacramento State's campus is working hard to make it a reality. It will be a great venue for the championship.''
http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2015/2/2 ... 53655.aspx

Too bad the Sac Bee wasn't smart enough to put two and two together and figure this obvious solution sooner before publishing another ill-informed "article". :lol: :dunce: