Chants in Cuba

College Hoops discussion
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Chants in Cuba

Post by Ibanez »

The CCU basketball team has traveled and is currently playing against the Cuban National team. It's a pretty cool event and was #2 on Sportscenter. I'll post pictures and an article in the AM.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Chants in Cuba

Post by Ibanez »

The Coastal Carolina University men’s basketball program has embarked on a truly unique experience, as the Chanticleers are the first NCAA Division I team to both visit and play basketball games in Cuba. The team's visit is from August 6-14, and updates will be posted below as they become available.
http://www.bigsouthsports.com/entries/f ... ip-to-cuba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-bas ... 15aaa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HAVANA, Cuba - After two days of traveling and an opportunity to experience some of the cultural elements of Cuba, the Coastal Carolina University men's basketball team finally got to do what they came to Cuba for -- play basketball. The Chanticleers ultimately fell 76-68 to the Cuban National Team at the Sports City complex in Havana. The historic contest was played in front of nearly 1,000 spectators and a national television audience.
Prior to the game the teams and coaching staffs continued the longstanding international tradition of exchanging gifts. The Chanticleers presented their hosts polos and hats featuring the Chanticleer logo along with 40 new basketballs. The Cubans gifted the men of Conway Cuban flag lapel pins.

Below is an account of the day/game by junior guard Elijah Wilson followed by a brief recap of the game.

Hello #TealNation,

After being in Cuba for a couple days we finally had an opportunity to play our first game against the Cuban national team. It was a great experience for all of us to compete against professional basketball players. Even though we fell short of getting a victory today I think it will be great learning lesson for us all to test where we are all both individually and as a team. After the game today I think we as a team will be better prepared for the next two games and know what to expect.

Thanks for reading and Go Chants. Elijah Wilson
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17