Big Sky Postseason Thread - 2018

College Hoops discussion
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Big Sky Postseason Thread - 2018

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Northern Colorado prevented the Big Sky men from going 0-for-the-postseason by beating Drake at home 81-72. The Bears went 11/22 from the arc, 6 of those by Andre Spight. They also got 12 points and 10 assists from Jordan "Monster Slam" Davis. Tanner Morgan also showed no ill effects from his Semifinal choke by going 9/12 from the field and scoring 19 points.
Didn’t PSU win a game too?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:Northern Colorado prevented the Big Sky men from going 0-for-the-postseason by beating Drake at home 81-72. The Bears went 11/22 from the arc, 6 of those by Andre Spight. They also got 12 points and 10 assists from Jordan "Monster Slam" Davis. Tanner Morgan also showed no ill effects from his Semifinal choke by going 9/12 from the field and scoring 19 points.
No. They had a first-round bye, then lost to San Diego last night.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
No. They had a first-round bye, then lost to San Diego last night.
Oh, alright. I just saw they lost a 2nd round game and assumed... :kisswink:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

The Big Sky women's season came to an end as Weber lost to Central Arkansas in the WBI quarterfinals 82-67. The Wildcats went 7/11 from three in the second half, but UCA won overall shooting 52%-33% for the game and 57%-22% in the first half. Kamry Orr had 25 points off the bench to lead the Sugar Bears, while Larryn Brooks & Kailie Quinn combined for 31 points in their final games for Weber.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

It's now set that NoCo will head to San Diego for the CIT quarterfinals Wednesday.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Northern Colorado is now going to the CIT semifinals after beating San Diego in San Diego 86-75. The Toreros outshot NoCo from the field, but they went 50% from the line and lost turnovers handily. Andre "The Dagger" Spight hit 6 three-pointers and led all scorers with 26 points. Jordan Davis, fresh off a triple-double, had 21 points and 12 boards.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

CIT semifinal info updated at the top of the thread.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Northern Colorado dispatched Sam Houston State 99-80 thanks to Andre Spight's third 40+ point night of the season (he had exactly 40). They would've cracked triple digits, but Jordan Davis went for another one-handed thunder slam in the final minute & missed it. :lol: The Bears shot 59% from the field and went 17/30 from the arc.

NoCo will play Illinois-Chicago in the CIT championship game in Greeley Friday. This is the Big Sky's 3rd. appearance in the CIT title game, but the league has yet to win one.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

The Andre Spight "era" came to an end in Greeley as Northern Colorado defeated Illinois-Chicago 76-71 in the CIT Championship Game. :thumb: Spight wasn't the leading scorer for the Bears this time, however (he had 23), as Jordan Davis scored 29 on 61% shooting. NoCo shot a surprisingly bad 13% from the arc in this one, but they still outshot UIC from the field 44%-36%.

Andre Spight also finished the year with 855 points, breaking Dave Wagnon's single-season scoring record set in 1966.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:The Andre Spight "era" came to an end in Greeley as Northern Colorado defeated Illinois-Chicago 76-71 in the CIT Championship Game. :thumb: Spight wasn't the leading scorer for the Bears this time, however (he had 23), as Jordan Davis scored 29 on 61% shooting. NoCo shot a surprisingly bad 13% from the arc in this one, but they still outshot UIC from the field 44%-36%.

Andre Spight also finished the year with 855 points, breaking Dave Wagnon's single-season scoring record set in 1966.
It did take Spight several more games to break Wagnon,s record. Where is Willie Humes ranked for a single season, he was a chucker. Spight also had 3 pointers going for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

css75 wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:The Andre Spight "era" came to an end in Greeley as Northern Colorado defeated Illinois-Chicago 76-71 in the CIT Championship Game. :thumb: Spight wasn't the leading scorer for the Bears this time, however (he had 23), as Jordan Davis scored 29 on 61% shooting. NoCo shot a surprisingly bad 13% from the arc in this one, but they still outshot UIC from the field 44%-36%.

It did take Spight several more games to break Wagnon,s record. Where is Willie Humes ranked for a single season, he was a chucker. Spight also had 3 pointers going for him.
Yeah, the bigger story is probably that the record stood for 52 years in the first place.

Willie Humes's 2 seasons are now tied-8th. in BSC history in total points (both Spight & Bliznyuk passed him), but they rank #2 & #3 in per-game average. The top-4 per-game seasons are all held by ISU players.

Here's the link to the record book: http://www.bigskyconf.com/documents/201 ... df?id=5257
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
css75 wrote:
Yeah, the bigger story is probably that the record stood for 52 years in the first place.

Willie Humes's 2 seasons are now tied-8th. in BSC history in total points (both Spight & Bliznyuk passed him), but they rank #2 & #3 in per-game average. The top-4 per-game seasons are all held by ISU players.

Here's the link to the record book: http://www.bigskyconf.com/documents/201 ... df?id=5257
Thx for the link. Humes was there when I was. Would have led the nation in scoring except some guy named Maravich was averaging 44 a night. Wagnon led the nation that year and I think Butler did also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk