I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: 2019 NCAA Tourney

Post by dbackjon »

kalm wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

I was able to spot AZGrizette multiple times
You're as bad as 93hen... :ohno:

Pretty sure he has season tickets to Radford Lax...
My interest in her is not the same as 93's...
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

So we have 89Hen vs AZGriz
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:Can I blow you again Mr. Referee?
:suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :tothehand:

GMAFB. That was 100% a foul. Defender lept into him and took his legs out before the shot. If there was contact after the ball was released, you often see that not called.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Can I blow you again Mr. Referee?
:suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :tothehand:

GMAFB. That was 100% a foul. Defender lept into him and took his legs out before the shot. If there was contact after the ball was released, you often see that not called.

I have no problem with the foul, it was a foul IMO. It was the missed double dribble that they messed up on.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:I have no problem with the foul, it was a foul IMO. It was the missed double dribble that they messed up on.
Well, that wasn't Guy and EVERYONE missed the double dribble. I didn't see any outrage from Auburn, the commentators didn't mention it until much later. Live it looked like the Auburn player touched the ball. Replay clearly shows he didn't, but it isn't reviewable.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:I have no problem with the foul, it was a foul IMO. It was the missed double dribble that they messed up on.
Well, that wasn't Guy and EVERYONE missed the double dribble. I didn't see any outrage from Auburn, the commentators didn't mention it until much later. Live it looked like the Auburn player touched the ball. Replay clearly shows he didn't, but it isn't reviewable.
When it happened, I was like, wasn't that a double-dribble. Like you said, nobody gave a crap until it was too late.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

There are dozens of double-dribble/traveling NO calls every game.

And it was clearly a foul.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:
That would be two Under Armour schools. :thumb: :thumb:

I prefer Riddell...or Bike.

:coffee:
OK, SuperHornet. :lol:

I actually had you being a Reebok guy. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
I prefer Riddell...or Bike.

OK, SuperHornet. :lol:

I actually had you being a Reebok guy. :coffee:
Do you wear LA Gear with your jogging suits?

Boom!

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

dbackjon wrote:There are dozens of double-dribble/traveling NO calls every game.

That foul often gets missed too. It’s marginal. How many times do refs swallow the whistle on holding late in football?

I can see it both ways and would err on the side of let them play.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
dbackjon wrote:There are dozens of double-dribble/traveling NO calls every game.

That foul often gets missed too. It’s marginal. How many times do refs swallow the whistle on holding late in football?

Yeah, you're probably right. Jumping into a Guy so he can't hit the winning three is something they should ignore. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right. Jumping into a Guy so he can't hit the winning three is something they should ignore. :lol:
Still shot is misleading. They showed the replay numerous times and he was called for jumping forward, impeding the landing which is a foul) not for contact during the shot.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Yeah, you're probably right. Jumping into a Guy so he can't hit the winning three is something they should ignore. :lol:
Still shot is misleading. They showed the replay numerous times and he was called for jumping forward, impeding the landing which is a foul) not for contact during the shot.
Eh, I didn't have any problem calling that foul on the final shot. Pearl may have a point on whether they called those fouls during the game or not - it should be a foul no matter what point of the game you're in. As for the double dribble, nobody on the court argued it when it happened, the coaches didn't say anything, the announcers missed it, and even the rules guy they had on to explain why the last foul was a foul didn't bring it up until after the game was over and they probably started seeing the tweets from the very few who did see the double dribble as it happened. But hey, don't foul the guy shooting the 3 at the end and the missed double dribble is just an interesting tidbit as we talk about whether Auburn can beat Texas Tech.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Eh, I didn't have any problem calling that foul on the final shot. Pearl may have a point on whether they called those fouls during the game or not - it should be a foul no matter what point of the game you're in. As for the double dribble, nobody on the court argued it when it happened, the coaches didn't say anything, the announcers missed it, and even the rules guy they had on to explain why the last foul was a foul didn't bring it up until after the game was over and they probably started seeing the tweets from the very few who did see the double dribble as it happened. But hey, don't foul the guy shooting the 3 at the end and the missed double dribble is just an interesting tidbit as we talk about whether Auburn can beat Texas Tech.
That raises another good point. Call it consistently from half to half and on both ends of the court game. Reffing 101 when it comes to judgement calls. Some games are called tighter than others and that’s ok as long as there’s consistency.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Yeah, you're probably right. Jumping into a Guy so he can't hit the winning three is something they should ignore. :lol:
:lol: Nice try fisherman. He didn't impede the landing you clown. He clearly struck Guy's legs before the shot left his hand. He moved him a foot. You sound like the crybaby that committed the foul.
"I didn't feel no contact," Doughty said with bloodshot eyes. "I didn't think I fouled him, but the refs thought otherwise. And like I said, I trust their decision, man, all the time. That's why they're [officiating] the Final Four. But I'll get a chance to look at that myself, and I'll judge it myself. I'll be my own ref."

But seconds later, as if someone else had actually made the previous comment, Doughty couldn't help himself.

"That ain't no foul." he said. "That's it."
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
That raises another good point. Call it consistently from half to half and on both ends of the court game. Reffing 101 when it comes to judgement calls. Some games are called tighter than others and that’s ok as long as there’s consistency.
So I guess you guys aren't a fan of the NHL? :kisswink:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
:lol: Nice try fisherman. He didn't impede the landing you clown. He clearly struck Guy's legs before the shot left his hand. He moved him a foot. You sound like the crybaby that committed the foul.
"I didn't feel no contact," Doughty said with bloodshot eyes. "I didn't think I fouled him, but the refs thought otherwise. And like I said, I trust their decision, man, all the time. That's why they're [officiating] the Final Four. But I'll get a chance to look at that myself, and I'll judge it myself. I'll be my own ref."

But seconds later, as if someone else had actually made the previous comment, Doughty couldn't help himself.

"That ain't no foul." he said. "That's it."
Pretty sure Gene Steratore said otherwise and the video proved it.

Edit...I just watched it again. I think you’re right.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UVA—the luckiest team on the planet when it comes to missed calls and non-calls.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote:UVA—the luckiest team on the planet when it comes to missed calls and non-calls.
Think Guy was their leading rusher? :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:UVA—the luckiest team on the planet when it comes to missed calls and non-calls.
Don't go away mad...

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
Don't go away mad...

I’m not mad. After the Purdue and Auburn games I really kind of expected it. And I wasn’t disappointed.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:I’m not mad. After the Purdue and Auburn games I really kind of expected it. And I wasn’t disappointed.
So which calls or non-calls did you have in mind? The post game show they actually talked about the officiating and it was unanimous that it was a well called game with zero questionable calls.

TTU played a hell of a game... but it if weren't for those couple bench guys hitting crazy 3's, it wouldn't have been close. I know hitting 3's is a part of the game, but it was like that Purdue kid who went catatonic and couldn't miss. That's just not a good recipe for winning.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I don't know if it was THAT or some sort of ref brain short-circuit that forces them to call/not call things at critical times in favor of the higher-seeded team.

Exhibit A is Guy. That overturned out of bounds call SHOULD have been a reach-in call on Guy just a couple of frames before the "did the ball touch Tech's hand or not." In fact, it looked like a classic PI call on a DB: a hand across the back and another hand striking the ballhandler's arm. THEN came the dribble deflection that caused the replay check. Call the obvious foul there, no replay controversy, the correct team wins.

And this sort of thing is happening at all levels. The quality of officiating across the board from HS through the pros is CRAP, across all sports. It's disgusting....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote:
I don't know if it was THAT or some sort of ref brain short-circuit that forces them to call/not call things at critical times in favor of the higher-seeded team.

Exhibit A is Guy. That overturned out of bounds call SHOULD have been a reach-in call on Guy just a couple of frames before the "did the ball touch Tech's hand or not." In fact, it looked like a classic PI call on a DB: a hand across the back and another hand striking the ballhandler's arm. THEN came the dribble deflection that caused the replay check. Call the obvious foul there, no replay controversy, the correct team wins.

And this sort of thing is happening at all levels. The quality of officiating across the board from HS through the pros is CRAP, across all sports. It's disgusting....
Sorry Z. When you have Horney in your corner, you know you're in bad shape. :lol: