2019-2020 Philadelphia 76'ers Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2019-2020 Philadelphia 76'ers Thread

Postby 93henfan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:03 pm

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:Ben Simmons is a bust. He's also a soft, non-shooting bitch. I was hoping for a little more from all that tanking. This team is good but not great.

You'll still be invited to the parade, no worries. 8-)

I wouldn't make the trip for a Sixers parade, honestly. They're the one of the major four I'm not truly passionate about. I've been to Phillies and Eagles parades. Gimme a Flyers and I can die happy.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:33 pm

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
You'll still be invited to the parade, no worries. 8-)

I wouldn't make the trip for a Sixers parade, honestly. They're the one of the major four I'm not truly passionate about. I've been to Phillies and Eagles parades. Gimme a Flyers and I can die happy.

I'd be all over a Sixers parade. It wouldn't be as big as the Eagles one obviously, and might eclipse the Phillies one, but at least it would be nice weather. I think we were standing in place for 6 hours for the Eagles one and it was pretty cold that day. For the Flyers, heck, they could be at least a decade away from winning the Cup. That could be a wait.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 93henfan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:38 pm

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I'd be all over a Sixers parade. It wouldn't be as big as the Eagles one obviously, and might eclipse the Phillies one, but at least it would be nice weather. I think we were standing in place for 6 hours for the Eagles one and it was pretty cold that day. For the Flyers, heck, they could be at least a decade away from winning the Cup. That could be a wait.

There's no way a Sixers parade would be as big as the Phillies parade was, let alone the Eagles.

The Eagles parade was be all/end all epic in every way. That was a five mile parade route from SOuth Philly stadium complex to the Art Museum. The Nats, by comparison, went 11 blocks. :lol:

:notworthy: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/inq/eagles-parade-pictures-20180208.html

Greatest sports town in the world, bar none.

89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Postby 89Hen » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:53 pm

Oh look, another dick measuring contest. Great sports towns don't usually have those.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 93henfan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:56 pm

89Hen wrote:Oh look, another dick measuring contest. Great sports towns don't usually have those.

Philly's dick is way bigger than Washington's, tourist.

Eleven blocks. :lol:

Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:00 pm

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

There's no way a Sixers parade would be as big as the Phillies parade was, let alone the Eagles.

The Eagles parade was be all/end all epic in every way. That was a five mile parade route from SOuth Philly stadium complex to the Art Museum. The Nats, by comparison, went 11 blocks. :lol:

:notworthy: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/inq/eagles-parade-pictures-20180208.html

Greatest sports town in the world, bar none.

I actually said it wouldn't be as big as the Eagles parade. But I could see the Sixers parade being bigger than the Phillies parade. The younger generation really likes NBA basketball, not to mention the population of color in Philly. The Phillies haven't always had that particular following in large numbers, where the Sixers do.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Return to “Other Sports”