UFL Draft

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

UFL Draft

Post by SuperHornet »

Toward the end of today's Houston-Memphis game, the announcers mentioned a weird UFL rule. The game was a match-up of 1-8 teams battling for the worst record in the league. The worst record is supposed to get first pick in the draft (unless they trade it), right? Well, apparently, it doesn't work like that in the UFL. The WINNER (Memphis won 19-12, one point better than their other win, which was 18-12, also over Houston) not only gets first pick in the draft, but they're guaranteed first pick in EVERY ROUND. That smells like "no trades allowed." It doesn't sound like a lottery situation, a la the NBA. Isn't the purpose of the draft to help teams get better? The worst record should first pick. The UFL screwed the pooch there, IMO....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: UFL Draft

Post by GannonFan »

No one watches the UFL so competitive balance isn't a concern. It's just really a place for players to be seen that either fell through the cracks or are taking one last shot at keeping this as a career. It's not a real league.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: UFL Draft

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:56 am No one watches the UFL so competitive balance isn't a concern. It's just really a place for players to be seen that either fell through the cracks or are taking one last shot at keeping this as a career. It's not a real league.
They are using it as a obvious stepping stone to be recognized by the NFL.