Charlie Davies is back

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
EPJr
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: VCU/A-10
A.K.A.: BigE

Charlie Davies is back

Post by EPJr »

Charlie Davies made his return to the pitch for Sochaux today in a mini-tournament against Swiss side Neuchâtel Xamax. Davies played a 45 minute mini-match that Sochaux ended up losing on penalties 5-4. The match was a part of a mini-tournament also involving Costa Rica's Saprissa. The entire Sochaux 11 was changed for the 45 minutes against Saprissa, which Sochaux won 4-3 on penalties.

Sochaux have 9 friendlies in July and start their season August 7, giving Davies a month to prove he is back and ready to go, hopefully resuming his hot form that he had in October.

Sochaux's "matches of preparation," as their website calls them when translated to English, include Southampton, Frieburg, and Chilean side FC Bale, as well as French sides AS Nancy-Lorraine, Evian Thonan Gaillard FC, and Strasbourg.

http://www.fcsochaux.fr/en/index.php?op ... Itemid=106
CrackerRiley
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Re: Charlie Davies is back

Post by CrackerRiley »

Could have used him to help Altidore on the frontline. :(
"There's no I in team, but there's an I in win."
ImageImage
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

CrackerRiley wrote:Could have used him to help Altidore on the frontline. :(
Buddle would've worked too...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Hansel
I am a fan of: myself

Post by Hansel »

Rob Iola wrote:
CrackerRiley wrote:Could have used him to help Altidore on the frontline. :(
Buddle would've worked too...
anyone but Findley
EPJr
Level2
Level2

Post by EPJr »

American forward Charlie Davies, who nearly died in a car crash last year, was caught speeding at 125 miles per hour last weekend, a French newspaper reported Friday.

The website of Le Progres newspaper reported Friday that Davies was driving an Audi Q7 last Sunday when he was caught on a motorway in France's Jura region.

Davies, who plays for French club Sochaux, was involved in a car accident on Oct. 13, 2009 that killed another passenger and left him severely hurt.

He suffered two broken bones in his right leg, a broken and dislocated left elbow, a broken nose, forehead and eye socket, a ruptured bladder and bleeding on the brain.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/usa/ ... -in-france" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UNHWildCats
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: New Hampshire
A.K.A.: UNHWildCats

Post by UNHWildCats »

EPJr wrote:American forward Charlie Davies, who nearly died in a car crash last year, was caught speeding at 125 miles per hour last weekend, a French newspaper reported Friday.

The website of Le Progres newspaper reported Friday that Davies was driving an Audi Q7 last Sunday when he was caught on a motorway in France's Jura region.

Davies, who plays for French club Sochaux, was involved in a car accident on Oct. 13, 2009 that killed another passenger and left him severely hurt.

He suffered two broken bones in his right leg, a broken and dislocated left elbow, a broken nose, forehead and eye socket, a ruptured bladder and bleeding on the brain.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/usa/ ... -in-france" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
EPJr
Level2
Level2

Post by EPJr »

Davies' driving license suspended over 125 mph speeding incident

PARIS (AP) -- Charlie Davies has been fined $1,040 and had his driving license suspended by French police over the speeding violation for which the American forward claims a teammate was driving.

Davies was with Sochaux teammate Jacques Faty when they were pulled over by police in the early hours of Oct. 3 after being clocked at 125 mph in France's Jura region. Faty and Davies have both said Faty was driving the car, but they switched positions because Faty thought his license was still suspended from a previous speeding infraction.

A French police official, who was not authorized to be publicly named, said Monday that Davies has been fined. The official said neither player has officially contradicted the original version of events to police.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/s ... z129pbvR5h