Summer Olympics

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Summer Olympics

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:01 pm
dal4018 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 8:28 am
Botswana is no joke they are going to be out for payback after losing their chances at a Gold Medal and I saw a iconic shot of TEBOGO in the background looking at BENJAMIN winning the 4x4.Hollywood is going to be out in FULL FORCE when The Summer Olympics arrive.
Interesting that in the next Olympics, because of some snafu with the opening ceremonies also using SoFi, the track and field events will largely be in the first week and the swimming events will be in the second week - flipping what's normally done.
In the words of Bart Scott EX-NY JET CAN'T WAIT I will be talking about it on sports radio WFAN NY when it gets started.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

So an Olympic Gold Medal has already busted. They're CHEAP! SMH....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tea ... 22262.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:21 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:58 am

Luckily, the handoff of the baton is far simpler in the 4x4 rather than the 4x1. 5 straight Olympics now for the US, with by far the best 4x1 teams, and not a single medal. Amazing and almost impossible to do.
I wonder how many opt for the "just wait for the oncoming guy" method vice the blind method. The blind method invites SO many opportunities for disaster when a team is just slapped together at the last minute....
The blind method was used in '68 and it worked out for everyone involved on the 4x4 team.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

True. But since Carl Lewis left the scene, the US men's 440 relay teams have always been a mess. Interesting how that never seems to be the case for the men's mile relay teams or for ANY of the US women's relay teams.

Side note, dal...what would you think about adding SMR, DMR, and shuttle hurdles to the Olympics?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:10 pm True. But since Carl Lewis left the scene, the US men's 440 relay teams have always been a mess. Interesting how that never seems to be the case for the men's mile relay teams or for ANY of the US women's relay teams.

Side note, dal...what would you think about adding SMR, DMR, and shuttle hurdles to the Olympics?
I would love to see that and add the 4x200 as well what do you think about Carl being in LA as the HC for USATF he has been upset for years when it comes to the Baton Exchange problems in the 4x1!!!!!!
Last edited by dal4018 on Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

That would be awesome. So long as they put the stick in HIS hands on the anchor leg in Los Angeles....

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:39 pm That would be awesome. So long as they put the stick in HIS hands on the anchor leg in Los Angeles....
Lol I see you still have a obvious sense of humor thanks George Carlin.Hey XC is on its way the NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP will be in Wisconsin.