Thigpen could be starting for the Chiefs

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
coastal89
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: CCU

Thigpen could be starting for the Chiefs

Post by coastal89 »

This week we talk quarterbacks, more quarterbacks, even MORE quarterbacks and training camp battles.

Does Brodie Croyle enter camp as the unquestioned starter? If he has a similar exhibition season compared to last year, and Tyler Thigpen plays lights out, is Croyle still the starter?

Nick Athan: There is no doubt that he enters camp as the starter. Even if Thigpen plays lights out, Herm Edwards isn’t likely to go with him at this point. Chan Gailey has spent the offseason designing an offense that centers around Croyle’s talents.

Now if he struggles, I would not be surprised to see Thigpen midway through the season. But I think the Chiefs will give Croyle 16 games to show what he can or can’t do. Edwards and Gailey will put better talent around him, especially on the offensive line, so that alone should be enough to evaluate his abilities.

Michael Ash: I think Croyle will come in as the starter, but it will depend on what kind of camp both quarterbacks have. If Croyle is clearly ahead of Thigpen, the job is his no matter what. But if Thigpen is right there with Croyle during camp, and then impresses in the first preseason game while Brodie struggles, they’d have a decision to make about how much time Thigpen should get with the starters in the next game. From there, the job might be there for him to win it.

C.E. Wendler: Everything we’ve heard says Croyle enters camp as the starter. I suspect no matter how poorly he plays, or how well Thigpen plays, Croyle will receive the majority of the reps throughout camp and the preseason in order to prepare him for the regular season (remember, last camp Croyle was splitting time with Damon Huard). Thigpen won’t get enough

http://kan.scout.com/2/755415.html
coastal89
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: CCU

Re: Thigpen could be starting for the Chiefs

Post by coastal89 »

Damon Huard, could eventually be traded or released if the Chiefs are satisfied with the progress of their two young quarterbacks, Brodie Croyle and Tyler Thigpen.

“At one time, we had 17 or 18 players 30 years old or older. That’s too many,” Edwards said.

“We were lopsided as a football team. We’ve got a bunch of young guys now. We’ve got some middle-aged guys that are good players, and we’ve got a group of guys that have 10 or more years of experience, but not that many.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs ... 27096.html