New Admission in Steroid Story

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

New Admission in Steroid Story

Post by SuperHornet »

HOF Steeler QB Terry Bradshaw recently admitted on The Dan Patrick Show that he and many '70s era players took 'roids to speed injury recovery, per a report appearing today on the Air 1 Radio website. The article Air 1 cites mentions that Bradshaw did not specify whether he meant illegal anabolic steroids or corticosteroids (found within cortisone shots used to reduce joint swelling), which ARE allowed under NFL rules.

Query: given the current underswell to at least asterisk if not completely strip Barry Bonds of his HR record and the recent decision to strip the remaining members of the US Olympic relay team of their medals following the disgrace of Marion Jones, does this mean that the NFL should vacate the four '70s era Super Bowls won by Blitzburgh? This opens up a HUGE can of worms given how widespread this sort of thing was back then.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: New Admission in Steroid Story

Post by Col Hogan »

First, why did Bradshaw even say ANYTHING?...

But, having said that, NO, we don't strip them because it was not illegal at the time, what would we base it on? That they did something that is now illegal? Can't go retro on stuff like that...

And you really can't lump Bonds and his HOF potential into this, because the Baseball HOF uses a different standard than Football. Baseball allows the introduction of outsides actions (gambling, illegal activities, etc) into consideration, where football only uses what happenes between the lines...no outside activities are allows to be considered...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.