Seattle @ Chicago

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Seattle @ Chicago

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

Who wins? Discuss. :coffee:
Shellin
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: Shellin

Re: Seattle @ Chicago

Post by Shellin »

Weather shouldn't be a huge factor (high of 21, low of 15 without any precipitation and fairly mild wind) which is good in my opinion. For Seattle to win we're going to have to duplicate our defensive performance from the first game at Soldier Field by getting constant pressure on Cutler. Chicago's offense has really performed well recently (and our defense, not so much) so it will be incredibly important to prevent Cutler from getting into a zone, and hopefully forcing some turnovers. I actually think we will have a solid defensive performance in the game so it is all going to come down to how Hasselbeck and our O-Line play.

I really don't see Hasselbeck having as good of a game as he did against New Orleans, but if he can limit the turnovers and our O-Line can do a good enough job opening holes for Lynch and Forsett that we can get the running game going a bit we should be able to move the ball and score reasonably well against the Bears' defense.

Obviously, that is a lot of ifs that need to go our way (which is why we're the underdog) but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks pull off the upset. I am going to say that Seattle manages to pick Cutler off twice, the ground game is productive for the third weekend in a row and Hasselbeck gives us a couple big plays in the passing game for a 31-27 Seattle win.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Agree with most of your points, but there's no way more than 50 points are scored. If we win, it'll be similar to last time, like 24-17. Bears don't blitz as much which will make it tougher on Matt because of everyone in coverage. Russell better hold his own again vs Peppers or it will be a long day.
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

Seattle upsets again.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Willie wrote:Seattle upsets again.
My brain says Chicago, but I just got a feeling that Seattle's going to the Bowl....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

SuperHornet wrote:
My brain says Chicago, but I just got a feeling that Seattle's going to the Bowl....
Dammit! I was originally thinking Seattle would win, but after your Montana/Liberty fiasco I've learned to never trust your picks. Da' Bears thanks you!
Thumper 76
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: South Dakota State

Post by Thumper 76 »

Da Bears take it, setting up the first Packers-Bears playoff game since they last played during WWII, and were the cause of creating the Divisional Playoffs after both of them were 10-1 in the division.
Please don't tell Obama what comes after a Trillion.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

SuperHornet wrote:
No way Seattle will beat Atlanta at home.
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Post by Wedgebuster »

Vidav wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
Aren't they targeted for termination this weekend?

;)
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

Wedgebuster wrote:
Vidav wrote:

;)
They will roll Green Bay as well. Atlanta and Baltimore in the Super Bowl this year. Falcons win it all. :nod:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

bandl wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
Dammit! I was originally thinking Seattle would win, but after your Montana/Liberty fiasco I've learned to never trust your picks. Da' Bears thanks you!
Lost your shirt on that one, eh?
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

Grizalltheway wrote:
bandl wrote: Dammit! I was originally thinking Seattle would win, but after your Montana/Liberty fiasco I've learned to never trust your picks. Da' Bears thanks you!
Lost your shirt on that one, eh?
If by 'shirt' you mean 'my house', then yes. Thankfully I've got about 8 refrigerator cardboxes to live in now. it's a kick ass fort, that's for sure!! :nod:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Vidav wrote:
Wedgebuster wrote:

;)
They will roll Green Bay as well. Atlanta and Baltimore in the Super Bowl this year. Falcons win it all. :nod:
Yeah, just like they did in the regular season? :roll:

I expect another back and forth close game... with either team having a 50/50 shot, similar to how I think the SEA-CHI game will play out.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Vidav wrote:

I expect another back and forth
Grizo's heading over there for the weekend?
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

I expect another back and forth
You know it. Be jealous.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Vidav wrote:

I expect another back and forth close game... with either team having a 50/50 shot, similar to how I think the SEA-CHI game will play out.
You and I both know that what happened in the regular season has no bearing on this game.

The Falcons are at home and playing well. Yes Green Bay is a good team. I just don't think they will have it this week.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
You know it. Be jealous.
You're telling me! I'm done with that two-timing dwarf. :evil: :ohno:
Thumper 76
Level2
Level2

Post by Thumper 76 »

Vidav wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

You and I both know that what happened in the regular season has no bearing on this game.

The Falcons are at home and playing well. Yes Green Bay is a good team. I just don't think they will have it this week.
I see you mention the tweedy birds playing well and at home, but you forget to mention how the Pack is THE hottest team in the NFL right now, playing better than they did when they last met. You also forget that the Pack also discovered something that has been long lost to them, a running game.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

21-16 victory, because Akers missed 2 field goals, is not the result from a hot team.
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

Vidav wrote:
Wedgebuster wrote:

;)
Yeah since they really destroyed them earlier this season. I mean 20-17 is an ass whooping my God.

Green Bay will beat the piss out of Atlanta. Byes never help.
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

As I said above, what happened earlier in the season doesn't matter for this game.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

I don't understand that logic. Earlier in the season Atlanta won 20-17 and you seem to think this means that Atlanta can't beat Green Bay (at least not by any large margin) yet Green Bay will beat the piss out of the team that beat them earlier in the season. . .
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Willie wrote:
Vidav wrote:
Yeah since they really destroyed them earlier this season. I mean 20-17 is an ass whooping my God.

The problem with that scenario, as you well know, is one #71 who's going to beat the p!$$ out of the GB quarterback.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Thumper 76
Level2
Level2

Post by Thumper 76 »

Vidav wrote:21-16 victory, because Akers missed 2 field goals, is not the result from a hot team.
I dunno, I'd say that going into Gillette Stadium w/o Aaron Rodgers and almost beating the Pats, and then absolutely thrashing the Giants in basically a playoff between the two teams, then beating da Bears while they did all they could to knock them out of the playoffs, and then going to Philly and winning, I'd say thats a pretty good run at least. At least I think its better than losing your only tough game in your last 4 games of the regular season. :kisswink:
Thumper 76
Level2
Level2

Post by Thumper 76 »

SuperHornet wrote:
Willie wrote: Yeah since they really destroyed them earlier this season. I mean 20-17 is an ass whooping my God.

The problem with that scenario, as you well know, is one #71 who's going to beat the p!$$ out of the GB quarterback.
I only listened to the game last time as I was driving down the road w my gf from visiting home, but I don't remember him doing that last game? Besides the fact that Rodgers has put up with heavy pressure before and still been amazing. If he had Michael Turner to lean on like Mr. Ryan, he would make defenses wet themselves.