Stoops to Iowa State???

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Stoops to Iowa State???

Post by dbackjon »

Mike Stoops, that is...

LAS VEGAS - If Arizona football coach Mike Stoops is looking to make a move to Iowa State, it's news to UA athletic director Jim Livengood.

Radio reports in Des Moines, Iowa, on Thursday had Stoops being in negotiations with Iowa State athletic director Jaime Pollard for their coaching vacancy.

"I have not heard from Jaime Pollard and I have been with Mike and sat down with him the last couple of days here," Livengood said Thursday. "There has not been any mention at all about Iowa State."

Stoops, who is leading the Wildcats to a Las Vegas Bowl appearance on Saturday against BYU, was asked about the report following practice.

"I have no comment," Stoops said. "I am getting ready to play a game." Iowa State has been bombarded with coaching rumors since Gene Chizik accepted on Monday the head coaching position at Auburn.

Buffalo coach Turner Gill, Fresno State's Pat Hill, former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer and St. Louis Rams offensive coordinator Steve Loney have all been hinted as finalists

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/ua/arti ... toops.html
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Stoops to Iowa State???

Post by AZGrizFan »

That's HARDLY a step UP.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Don't expect to see Gill there. He's signed a rather large extension in Buffalo and has disavowed interest in ANY other job.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Iowa State hired Paul Rhoads as its football coach on Saturday, giving the Auburn defensive coordinator and former Cyclones assistant a five-year deal worth $5.75 million. Rhoads spent last season with the Tigers after serving as Pittsburgh's defensive coordinator from 2000-07. A native of nearby Ankeny, he was an assistant with the Cyclones under Dan McCarney from 1995-99.
:thumb: