Sports Illustrated Whiffs On Sportman Of The Year Pick

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
UNHWildCats
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: New Hampshire
A.K.A.: UNHWildCats

Sports Illustrated Whiffs On Sportman Of The Year Pick

Post by UNHWildCats »

Manning? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Should have been Mariano Rivera or David Ortiz.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Re: Sports Illustrated Whiffs On Sportman Of The Year Pick

Post by Vidav »

No one cares about baseball.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Rivera? Seriously? C'mon man!
Make Delaware Football Great Again
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

Yeah. Not a good choice.

I don't like Rivera for it because that would have been more of a lifetime achievement award and not year's best.

Ortiz played well in the playoffs but I have trouble giving him sportsman of the year to a Designated hitter or more so a guy who was not even considered in the MVP race in his own league.He played well in the regular season but it was just the few games that would really have won it for him.

Rafael Nadal would have been the best choice in my opinion. Only coming back in February 2013 from an injury and winning the French and US Opens after not having played since June in 2012. He won 10 of 17 tournaments that he entered and got 2nd in 4 others. With that, he became #1 in the world after being injured

LeBron could have won it too but understand not giving it to him 2 years in a row.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

LeBron whomps.

I have no problem giving it to P. Manning. The return from that injury was huge, and he's about as into good sportsmanship as it gets. I certainly wouldn't hold with giving the thing to Suh....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

SuperHornet wrote:LeBron whomps.

I have no problem giving it to P. Manning. The return from that injury was huge, and he's about as into good sportsmanship as it gets. I certainly wouldn't hold with giving the thing to Suh....
Yeah but Manning returned from injury in 2012. This is year 2 of his return.

And I really had Nadal winning (not LeBron).
UNHWildCats
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: New Hampshire
A.K.A.: UNHWildCats

Post by UNHWildCats »

tribe_pride wrote:Yeah. Not a good choice.

I don't like Rivera for it because that would have been more of a lifetime achievement award and not year's best.

Ortiz played well in the playoffs but I have trouble giving him sportsman of the year to a Designated hitter or more so a guy who was not even considered in the MVP race in his own league.He played well in the regular season but it was just the few games that would really have won it for him.

Rafael Nadal would have been the best choice in my opinion. Only coming back in February 2013 from an injury and winning the French and US Opens after not having played since June in 2012. He won 10 of 17 tournaments that he entered and got 2nd in 4 others. With that, he became #1 in the world after being injured

LeBron could have won it too but understand not giving it to him 2 years in a row.
pretty much why Favre got it in 2007 over Brady ain't it?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

tribe_pride wrote:Yeah. Not a good choice.

Rafa's a doper. Fuck him.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Grizalltheway wrote:Rafa's a doper. [Bleep] him.
Says who? I'm no fan of the current crop of men's tennis players, but I've never heard THAT about Nadal.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.