2015 Little League World Series

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Who will win the US championship in 2015?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Great Lakes - Kentucky
No votes
New England - Rhode Island
No votes
Mid-Atlantic - Pennsylvania
50%
Southeastern - South Carolina
33%
Midwest - Missouri
No votes
Northwest - Oregon
No votes
Southwest - Texas
No votes
West - California
17%

Total votes: 6

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

2015 Little League World Series

Post by CAA Flagship »

The Regionals are underway. How's your state doing?
Last edited by CAA Flagship on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Re: 2015 Little League World Series

Post by grizzaholic »

CAA Flagship wrote:The Regionals are underway. How's your state doing?
Can you post a few links for regional things?
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I'm normally a bit of a downer on stuff like this - the over glorification of youth sports, especially at this age, is always a bit odd to me. With that said, that Red Land team from PA looks impressive. 14-0 so far and have won by a combined 219-11. One game away from the Mid-Atlantic regional finals and they're not a long drive from Willamsport (about 2 hours). Could be a hometown favorite should they get there. Saw a photo of the team - they've got some big dudes on that team for 12 year olds.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

grizzaholic wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:The Regionals are underway. How's your state doing?
Can you post a few links for regional things?
http://www.llbws.org/llbbws.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - all can get accessed here
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I agree 100% with Gannon.

South Carolina is doing well, we're 3-0. We destroyed Tennessee, 18-3 and narrowly beat Florida last night, 5-4. SC will play the winner of tonight's Florida/Virginia game, on Thursday. Winner advances to the World Series.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:I'm normally a bit of a downer on stuff like this - the over glorification of youth sports, especially at this age, is always a bit odd to me. With that said, that Red Land team from PA looks impressive. 14-0 so far and have won by a combined 219-11. One game away from the Mid-Atlantic regional finals and they're not a long drive from Willamsport (about 2 hours). Could be a hometown favorite should they get there. Saw a photo of the team - they've got some big dudes on that team for 12 year olds.
Yeah but they play a damn good New Jersey team next. Jackson, NJ has a lot of offense.
Jackson knocked out my hometown Toms River team in the District Championship game. Then went on to win the Sectional and State titles. It will be an interesting game.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
GannonFan wrote:I'm normally a bit of a downer on stuff like this - the over glorification of youth sports, especially at this age, is always a bit odd to me. With that said, that Red Land team from PA looks impressive. 14-0 so far and have won by a combined 219-11. One game away from the Mid-Atlantic regional finals and they're not a long drive from Willamsport (about 2 hours). Could be a hometown favorite should they get there. Saw a photo of the team - they've got some big dudes on that team for 12 year olds.
Yeah but they play a damn good New Jersey team next. Jackson, NJ has a lot of offense.
Jackson knocked out my hometown Toms River team in the District Championship game. Then went on to win the Sectional and State titles. It will be an interesting game.
Neither team's best pitcher is going in that game due to pitch counts so we see who has the better depth. It's probably for the ticket to Williamsport because the winner gets to save their ace for the winner's bracket final.
Killamike296
I am a fan of: Eastern Kentucky
A.K.A.: Deke

Post by Killamike296 »

Wisconsin is doing really well this year I'm very surprised at that :)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:I'm normally a bit of a downer on stuff like this - the over glorification of youth sports, especially at this age, is always a bit odd to me. With that said...
I will go on to help further the over glorification.... :kisswink:
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

As Gannon said the PA team (Red Land) is just killing people. The 11-3 win over New York I believe was the closest game they've had all summer. If they have a weakness it's they haven't played too many 6 inning games.

They play NJ tomorrow night in the winners bracket final.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Holy smokes. Just watched two kids on Virginia that my son played some 10-15 epic battles against over the years. They played on a rival all star team in the Cal Ripken league for many years. Somehow they are now on playing for a Little League organization team that is at least 20 miles from where they live. Apparently this is legal but it shouldn't be. But kudos to them. They got on ESPN and are a game away from Williamsport.

Good kids and nice families BTW.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Chandler AZ didn't do to well in regionals - only beat San Jose (Nor Cal) before losing twice.

Hawaii and Nevada play with winner in champ game.

So Cal and Utah still in loser's bracket
:thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:Somehow they are now on playing for a Little League organization team that is at least 20 miles from where they live. Apparently this is legal but it shouldn't be.
20 miles is next door in Montana.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Somehow they are now on playing for a Little League organization team that is at least 20 miles from where they live. Apparently this is legal but it shouldn't be.
20 miles is next door in Montana.
20 miles is 2 hours in DC metro region. :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:Holy smokes. Just watched two kids on Virginia that my son played some 10-15 epic battles against over the years. They played on a rival all star team in the Cal Ripken league for many years. Somehow they are now on playing for a Little League organization team that is at least 20 miles from where they live. Apparently this is legal but it shouldn't be. But kudos to them. They got on ESPN and are a game away from Williamsport.

Gotta get through us first.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4

Post by bluehenbillk »

CAA Flagship wrote:Holy smokes. Just watched two kids on Virginia that my son played some 10-15 epic battles against over the years. They played on a rival all star team in the Cal Ripken league for many years. Somehow they are now on playing for a Little League organization team that is at least 20 miles from where they live. Apparently this is legal but it shouldn't be. But kudos to them. They got on ESPN and are a game away from Williamsport.

Could be where they goto school - just doesn't solely matter where you live anymore. Taney (Mone Davis' team) benefited greatly from that last year.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

bluehenbillk wrote:

Could be where they goto school - just doesn't solely matter where you live anymore. Taney (Mone Davis' team) benefited greatly from that last year.
Yeah, I remember reading about how that team was put together.
This is a little different, I think. There doesn't seem to be a lot of Little League organizations in Virginia. At best, it may be a 50/50 split between Cal Ripken and Little League organizations. I think what happened here is that Little League has two boundaries; one for if there was an adjacent Little League and one for when there isn't. I think what happens is that if you have two LL organizations 50 miles apart, and other organizations in between, each LL can go as far as 25 miles into the other organization's territory for players. The idea being that there are no "Little League" options for those kids in the middle, despite there being other organizations. But if one of those other organizations in the middle were to switch from Cal Ripken to LL, the line would adjust accordingly. I'm just guessing based on some comments I heard.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:I'm normally a bit of a downer on stuff like this - the over glorification of youth sports, especially at this age, is always a bit odd to me. With that said...
I will go on to help further the over glorification.... :kisswink:
I am powerless to stop it so why bother? :twocents:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:
Yeah, I remember reading about how that team was put together.
This is a little different, I think. There doesn't seem to be a lot of Little League organizations in Virginia. At best, it may be a 50/50 split between Cal Ripken and Little League organizations. I think what happened here is that Little League has two boundaries; one for if there was an adjacent Little League and one for when there isn't. I think what happens is that if you have two LL organizations 50 miles apart, and other organizations in between, each LL can go as far as 25 miles into the other organization's territory for players. The idea being that there are no "Little League" options for those kids in the middle, despite there being other organizations. But if one of those other organizations in the middle were to switch from Cal Ripken to LL, the line would adjust accordingly. I'm just guessing based on some comments I heard.
Wow, if true, that could lead to some LL's having huge boundaries and hence potentially stacked teams. And as last year's Jackie Robinson West fiasco showed (and many more before them) grown-ups will go to incredible ends to try to have their 12 year old acheive supposed glory.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Yeah, I remember reading about how that team was put together.
Wow, if true, that could lead to some LL's having huge boundaries and hence potentially stacked teams. And as last year's Jackie Robinson West fiasco showed (and many more before them) grown-ups will go to incredible ends to try to have their 12 year old acheive supposed glory.
I think what the Jackie Robinson team did was use players from other LL areas.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Pennsylvania crushed New Jersey 13-2 to advance to the regional final. NJ must play the winner of MD/NY to get a rematch with PA.

SC is putting a beatdown on VA in the SE Regional Final looking to be the first team to advance to Williamsport.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4

Post by bluehenbillk »

CAA Flagship wrote:Pennsylvania crushed New Jersey 13-2 to advance to the regional final. NJ must play the winner of MD/NY to get a rematch with PA.

SC is putting a beatdown on VA in the SE Regional Final looking to be the first team to advance to Williamsport.
Yep PA & SC seem to be the best two teams I've seen so far. SC's pitcher no-hit VA yesterday, throwing some in the high-70's which is over a 100mph equivalent from 60 ft. I may be biased but PA looks like the team to beat - they're racking up gaudy #'s, their lineup mashes from top to bottom (probably 3-4 of their outs yesterday were caught on the warning track) - and for 12 year olds some of their fielding is spectacular - the SS has a gun & the 1B is very impressive. No one has even challenged them all summer.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Go PA! :clap:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
Killamike296
I am a fan of: Eastern Kentucky
A.K.A.: Deke

Post by Killamike296 »

Go Wisconsin!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

bluehenbillk wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Pennsylvania crushed New Jersey 13-2 to advance to the regional final. NJ must play the winner of MD/NY to get a rematch with PA.

Yep PA & SC seem to be the best two teams I've seen so far.
SC's pitcher no-hit VA yesterday, throwing some in the high-70's which is over a 100mph equivalent from 60 ft. I may be biased but PA looks like the team to beat - they're racking up gaudy #'s, their lineup mashes from top to bottom (probably 3-4 of their outs yesterday were caught on the warning track) - and for 12 year olds some of their fielding is spectacular - the SS has a gun & the 1B is very impressive. No one has even challenged them all summer.
Agree :nod: