WTF Cincinnati..?

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

WTF Cincinnati..?

Post by Chizzang »

Holy Nuclear Meltdown Bat Man...

:rofl:

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: WTF Cincinnati..?

Post by 93henfan »

Please Eagles, don't interview Marvin Lewis (assuming he gets fired). 0-7 in the playoffs.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

That was an extremely entertaining game. :nod:

Burfict is a criminal.

I felt bad for Pac Man as you're hoping for him to remain a bit of a redemption story. Did they ever show what he said or did to get the second 15 yarder? If so, I missed it but it must of been a doozy to get a ref to make that call in that situation. In one of the replays it looked like the ref was throwing the flag at Joey Porter but Jones must have done something before that.

I tend to not have strong feelings of dislike for entire teams but I do hate nearly everything about the Steelers...except Mike Tomlin. That is one intensely cool motherfucker. :nod:
CINCINNATI -- A quote from Cincinnati Bengals founder and former coach Paul Brown scrolled all this week on monitors in the Bengals' locker room.

"The key to winning," it read, "is poise under stress."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14540 ... ti-bengals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

NSFW expletive-laden rant by Pacman Jones. What a classy negro:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/1/1 ... about-refs
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote:That was an extremely entertaining game. :nod:

Burfict is a criminal.

I felt bad for Pac Man as you're hoping for him to remain a bit of a redemption story. Did they ever show what he said or did to get the second 15 yarder? If so, I missed it but it must of been a doozy to get a ref to make that call in that situation. In one of the replays it looked like the ref was throwing the flag at Joey Porter but Jones must have done something before that.

I tend to not have strong feelings of dislike for entire teams but I do hate nearly everything about the Steelers...except Mike Tomlin. That is one intensely cool motherfucker. :nod:
CINCINNATI -- A quote from Cincinnati Bengals founder and former coach Paul Brown scrolled all this week on monitors in the Bengals' locker room.

"The key to winning," it read, "is poise under stress."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14540 ... ti-bengals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
:lol: :lol:

Bengals fans sure were classy throwing stuff at injured players. :ohno:

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:That was an extremely entertaining game. :nod:

Burfict is a criminal.

Ironically enough that hit by Burfict reminded me of a James Harrison hit.

Pacman shoved Steelers Assistant Coach Joey Porter to get the flag. Pacman should not have lost his cool but Porter should not have been on the field and should not have been jawing at any Bengals. Porter deserved the flag more than Pac Man.

Bengals Fan behavior was atrocious. They did have a right to be pissed about the no call on the Shazier hit on Bernard. Shazier led with the crown and hit Bernard in the chin which is part of the head. It should have been flagged. IMO, Shazier should be fined and possibly suspended for next week's game.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Epic meltdown. :lol:
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Burfict, I don't even have words for that guy - what a bad player.

The NFL though was the real loser in this game - coaches all over the field - from both teams. What's Joey Porter doing 3/4 across the field talking shit?

Time to pay for full-time refs.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I almost feel bad for their fans, but I picture Cincy as a shithole, rivaling St Louis.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

bluehenbillk wrote:Burfict, I don't even have words for that guy - what a bad player.

The NFL though was the real loser in this game - coaches all over the field - from both teams. What's Joey Porter doing 3/4 across the field talking shit?

According to the NFL:
coach Porter (as they called him) was allowed to be on the field to assist his downed player (Antonio Brown) when play is stopped and a player is down coaches can come to the downed players assistance...

1) Vontez Burfict is one of the most commonly fined players in the league
2) Pac Man Jones is right behind him on the list of highly fined players

Nobody on the Cincinnati coaching staff
seemed even remotely surprised by the on field behavior of their team

:nod:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Chizzang wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:Burfict, I don't even have words for that guy - what a bad player.

According to the NFL:
coach Porter (as they called him) was allowed to be on the field to assist his downed player (Antonio Brown) when play is stopped and a player is down coaches can come to the downed players assistance...

Wrong as usual. Porter will be fined by the NFL. Porter is a D coach. Brown is not one of his players. Porter did not go to help Brown at any time.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status ... 7383875584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the NFL officials had correctly called the penalty on Shazier for spearing, then this may not have gotten out of control.

The Stealers, like the Cheatriots and Seahags, get the benefit of many, many questionable calls.

Like Wilson's "miracle play" to Lockett - there were TWO lineman downfield. The play was illegal, and for any other team, would have come back.
:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

dbackjon wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
According to the NFL:

Wrong as usual. Porter will be fined by the NFL. Porter is a D coach. Brown is not one of his players. Porter did not go to help Brown at any time.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status ... 7383875584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the NFL officials had correctly called the penalty on Shazier for spearing, then this may not have gotten out of control.

The Stealers, like the Cheatriots and Seahags, get the benefit of many, many questionable calls.

Like Wilson's "miracle play" to Lockett - there were TWO lineman downfield. The play was illegal, and for any other team, would have come back.
I'd have to see a replay of that. Collinsworth was commenting on how none of the O-line had taken off right after the play.

Lol at the rest of the hate. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I dont' see any linemen downfield...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oFWgnf8IkM[/youtube]
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

kalm wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

I'd have to see a replay of that. Collinsworth was commenting on how none of the O-line had taken off right after the play.

Collingsworth? Not sure if he knows anything.
:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

dbackjon wrote:
kalm wrote:

Collingsworth? Not sure if he knows anything.
Agree for the most part but you've got nuthin'.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

dbackjon wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
According to the NFL:

Firstly:
The guy you're quoting even says that Burfect and Jones stupidity cost them the game

Secondly:
I'm just responding with the initial NFL feedback
I don't think the on-field officials know who's a defensive coach and who's not

FACT:
When a player is down coaches can come on-to-the field

Absolutely "After the fact" the NFL might fine the coaches - but during the game
expecting the officials to know what coaches to NOT LET ON THE FIELD when play is stopped due to injury
THAT John - is a ridiculous expectation

Other than that you're free to make any other hyperbole or speculation you wish
JayJ79
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: myself

Post by JayJ79 »

I guess "Pacman" Jones is claiming that Antonio Brown "faked his injury", and winked at them or something on his way off of the field.

Even if true, I don't see how it matters. The penalty is for an illegal hit (which can be confirmed on replay, even if it isn't always called), not for causing injury. Of course, I'm not sure I'd believe what Jones had to say anyway.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:Firstly:
The guy you're quoting even says that Burfect and Jones stupidity cost them the game

Secondly:

FACT:

Absolutely "After the fact" the NFL might fine the coaches - but during the game
expecting the officials to know what coaches to NOT LET ON THE FIELD when play is stopped due to injury
The refs blew it not because they let Porter on the field but because if Porter was on the field to tend to Brown then that is what he should have been doing. As soon as he started jawing at Bengals players that excuse for him being on the field evaporated and he should have been flagged.

And to reiterate, Burfict's hit was so reminiscent of many James Harrison hits (who Porter played with and defended) that Porter's and any Steeler fan's anger is hypocritical.

And Jon is dead on about the spearing. That should have been called. And Shazier celebrating and dancing while a player was down was beyond tasteless. The NFL absolutely needs to stop players from leading with the crown of their helmet. It is stupid and actually more dangerous to the hitter than the target.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Firstly:

Secondly:

FACT:

The refs blew it not because they let Porter on the field but because if Porter was on the field to tend to Brown then that is what he should have been doing. As soon as he started jawing at Bengals players that excuse for him being on the field evaporated and he should have been flagged.

And to reiterate, Burfict's hit was so reminiscent of many James Harrison hits (who Porter played with and defended) that Porter's and any Steeler fan's anger is hypocritical.

And Jon is dead on about the spearing. That should have been called. And Shazier celebrating and dancing while a player was down was beyond tasteless. The NFL absolutely needs to stop players from leading with the crown of their helmet. It is stupid and actually more dangerous to the hitter than the target.
That was a legal hit according to the former VP of NFL officiating:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/sh ... -analysts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

That was a legal hit according to the former VP of NFL officiating:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/sh ... -analysts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sorry to go all JSO on you but this is from a Steelers fan site and even it doesn’t do a good job of justifying the no-call so it doesn’t really convince me. It seems to me as if Pereira disagrees with the rule and his interpretation demonstrates a bias against applying the rule as written.
First, Bernard had the ball long enough to become a runner. As a runner, he wasn’t defenseless. Since he wasn’t defenseless, he could be hit in the head or neck area, and with Shazier’s helmet.
Second, the ban against use of the crown of the helmet doesn’t apply in a bang-bang situation. It requires the person delivering the blow with the crown of the helmet to “line up” the target. While close, that’s not what happened between Bernard and Shazier.
“This is the crown of the helmet rule that was brought in 2013 and I was against the rule when it was brought in because it was really designed for when two players are lined up against each other like two rams with their heads down,” said Pereira. “It was for that type of direct contact. It wasn’t for when a player went sideways and in this case he turned around, spun around after making the catch and was clearly a runner. The issue was that this rule is going to be so hard to officiate and that’s why when they brought in the rule there was two called in 2013. There were none called in 2014 and there have been one called in 2015. And I just don’t see it as the classic lineup, two guys face-up on each other and one guy lowering the head and making contact with the crown of the helmet.”

The more Pereira talked about the hit, however, the more confusing his interpretation of the rule is and he admits that this is something the competition committee will need to look at again during the offseason.
First, Pereira argues that Bernard wasn't defenseless based on a subjective interpretation of the rules focusing on him establishing himself as a runner. From the rulebook:
Rule 12, Section 2, Article 7 – A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player.
I will admit that this is subjective on my part but I would argue that Bernard did not have time to protect himself or avoid or ward off impending contact and was thus still defenseless.

Second, I didn't find anything in the rules about the ban not applying in “bang-bang” situations or only when players lined up like rams. From the rulebook:
Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box.
http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is Pereira is interpreting the rule in two contradictory ways? Bernard was a runner so he wasn’t defenseless and the rule is meant to apply when two players “face-up on each other and one guy lowering the head and making contact with the crown of the helmet.” The reality is that if Bernard had truly established himself as a runner then he would have dropped his helmet to prepare for the contact and he and Shazier would have butted helmets like two rams. A ball carrier’s natural reaction in a situation like that is to drop his helmet in self defense.

Is it really hard to officiate a spearing call or does Pereira just not want it to be called? If the NFL is serious about reducing head and neck injuries than they need to call the initiating with the crown of the helmet penalties. USA Football (the Official Youth Football Development Partner of the NFL) promotes Head's Up tackling and these types of plays are a direct contradiction to that and proper tackling technique. They are allowing a bone-headed professional (Shazier) to risk serious injury to himself and set a piss-poor example for younger players.