Olympics!!!!!!

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: Olympics!!!!!!

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:Damn it! They pulled that beeyotch at 8-4. New goalie. I have no reason to watch now. :ohno:
You milked five posts out of that beeyotch! :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Yeah beeyotch!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

US men doing well in long-distance runs. Got first gold in the 1500 since 1908, first medal in the 5000 since 1964!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote:US men doing well in long-distance runs. Got first gold in the 1500 since 1908, first medal in the 5000 since 1964!
The South African men are doing well in the women's track and field events too!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:US men doing well in long-distance runs. Got first gold in the 1500 since 1908, first medal in the 5000 since 1964!
I saw that. My comment to my wife was that "she" looked like an outside linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys.
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

Ivytalk wrote:
93henfan wrote:
I saw that. My comment to my wife was that "she" looked like an outside linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys.
Yeah. Pretty sure "she" is XXY. Rumor is each of the top 3 may be intersex. Really unfair to all the women without a Y chromosome but no really good answers. At a minimum she should have to go back to reducing her testosterone levels like she did 4 years ago (when that caused her to be much slower). Unfortunately, some court covering the highest level of the sport won't allow that happen. Not her fault but something needs to happen.

As for the US, we suck at Men's 4x100 relays and always get Dq'd this time for passing the baton outside of the zone but Centro ran a smart race in the extremely slow 1500 and was happy to see that Chelimo's DQ was overturned in the 5000 because it would have been a cheap DQ.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

tribe_pride wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I saw that. My comment to my wife was that "she" looked like an outside linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys.
Yeah. Pretty sure "she" is XXY. Rumor is each of the top 3 may be intersex. Really unfair to all the women without a Y chromosome but no really good answers. At a minimum she should have to go back to reducing her testosterone levels like she did 4 years ago (when that caused her to be much slower). Unfortunately, some court covering the highest level of the sport won't allow that happen. Not her fault but something needs to happen.

As for the US, we suck at Men's 4x100 relays and always get Dq'd this time for passing the baton outside of the zone but Centro ran a smart race in the extremely slow 1500 and was happy to see that Chelimo's DQ was overturned in the 5000 because it would have been a cheap DQ.
Americans getting DQ'ed?

THANKS A LOT, RYAN LOCHTE!! :ohno:

I bet ISIS invokes Lochte the next time they detach somebody's head.
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2

Post by tribe_pride »

Good job Rupp getting the Bronze but I hate the lame "O" thing he did in the end. I get what it's for but stuff like that is why people hate those guys. Great job by Ward finishing in 6th - nobody would have bet money that he would have been near there. Helped to make sure that the US was the first country with 2 guys to cross the finish line.

Tough race for Meb but he was in good spirits in the end like always and even rebounded from his slip right in front of the finish line to do some pushups.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

One of the few bright spots for mens track this go around. Looks like we still havent figured things out post-steroid era on the track. That 4x100 was really damn embarrassing. Announcers were touting Gatlins experience but he is the one that blew the exchange that resulted in the DQ. Take away that DQ and we were still out sprinted by the Japs...the fucking Japs...in the 4x100. :shock: :ohno:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SDHornet wrote:
One of the few bright spots for mens track this go around. Looks like we still havent figured things out post-steroid era on the track. That 4x100 was really damn embarrassing. Announcers were touting Gatlins experience but he is the one that blew the exchange that resulted in the DQ. Take away that DQ and we were still out sprinted by the Japs...the fucking Japs...in the 4x100. :shock: :ohno:
Never sleep on the Japs. They will sneak attack you when you least expect it.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:
SDHornet wrote: One of the few bright spots for mens track this go around. Looks like we still havent figured things out post-steroid era on the track. That 4x100 was really damn embarrassing. Announcers were touting Gatlins experience but he is the one that blew the exchange that resulted in the DQ. Take away that DQ and we were still out sprinted by the Japs...the fucking Japs...in the 4x100. :shock: :ohno:
I sleep with one eye open. ;)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

US men came back from two sets down to beat Russia for the bronze volleyball medal.

Beating the Russians! It never gets old!!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

93henfan wrote:
SDHornet wrote: One of the few bright spots for mens track this go around. Looks like we still havent figured things out post-steroid era on the track. That 4x100 was really damn embarrassing. Announcers were touting Gatlins experience but he is the one that blew the exchange that resulted in the DQ. Take away that DQ and we were still out sprinted by the Japs...the fucking Japs...in the 4x100. :shock: :ohno:
:lol: :notworthy:
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2

Post by tribe_pride »

This is how you protest a bad decision by an official if you are a coach

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdE4utSc_0g[/youtube]
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Men's hoops beats Serbia by 30 for the gold. Coach Ratface barely cracked a smile.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Honest question for everyone, since I don't have TV. How successful were the Olympics, given all the worries expressed before? Did Rio manage to pull it off?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Did we win the Olympics?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AshevilleApp wrote:Honest question for everyone, since I don't have TV. How successful were the Olympics, given all the worries expressed before? Did Rio manage to pull it off?
I don't know. Spent more time reading this thread than watching. Like the last doz or so summer & winter Olympics, I watched about 15 minutes of it.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:Honest question for everyone, since I don't have TV. How successful were the Olympics, given all the worries expressed before? Did Rio manage to pull it off?
I don't know. Spent more time reading this thread than watching. Like the last doz or so summer & winter Olympics, I watched about 15 minutes of it.
haha. I watched some of the London games, or at least had it on as background noise.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2

Post by tribe_pride »

Rio pulled it off like Sochi before it and others. Was it worth the cost that Brazil needed to spend to get ready for the Olympics and what are they going to do with everything that was built for a 2 week or so event is another story?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

They pretty much sucked... as summer ones usually do. A couple viewing notes:

I had 4-6 channels of coverage every day. I would say that on average, one out of the 4-6 at any given time had an accurate description on the channel guide of what was actually airing. It would say volleyball and it would be field hockey. Maybe it was my cable company, but I found that very frustrating (I know, first world problem). Golf had it's own channel, which I thought was great.

It seemed like every single match of volleyball (beach or court) and handball was on TV, but I didn't once see: javelin, discus, high jump, long jump, pole vault, shooting, kayaking, canoeing, sailing, equestrian, cycling, rugby, juco, taekwando, trampoline... not even for one second. :suspicious:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

89Hen wrote:They pretty much sucked... as summer ones usually do. A couple viewing notes:

I had 4-6 channels of coverage every day. I would say that on average, one out of the 4-6 at any given time had an accurate description on the channel guide of what was actually airing. It would say volleyball and it would be field hockey. Maybe it was my cable company, but I found that very frustrating (I know, first world problem). Golf had it's own channel, which I thought was great.

It seemed like every single match of volleyball (beach or court) and handball was on TV, but I didn't once see: javelin, discus, high jump, long jump, pole vault, shooting, kayaking, canoeing, sailing, equestrian, cycling, rugby, juco, taekwando, trampoline... not even for one second. :suspicious:
That's great, but seems to be related to media coverage. I'm more curious to know if Rio pulled off a good show despite the issues?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote:They pretty much sucked... as summer ones usually do. A couple viewing notes:

I recall seeing some high jump, long jump, and pole vault...but only when an American had a shot at a medal. It's all about ratings, you know.

There was some cycling early on, but that has to be the most boring televised sport ever.

No badminton? Denied! :thumbdown:
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2

Post by tribe_pride »

Ivytalk wrote:

I recall seeing some high jump, long jump, and pole vault...but only when an American had a shot at a medal. It's all about ratings, you know.

There was some cycling early on, but that has to be the most boring televised sport ever.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQlpUgKXcA[/youtube]
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

tribe_pride wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I recall seeing some high jump, long jump, and pole vault...but only when an American had a shot at a medal. It's all about ratings, you know.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQlpUgKXcA[/youtube]
The exception that proves the rule!