2017 NASCAR Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Post by 93henfan »

Again, 89, stick to golf. Tons of excitement there for you.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:Again, 89, stick to golf. Tons of excitement there for you.
https://www.thetoptens.com/worst-nascar-tracks/
Worst NASCAR Tracks

1. Pocono Raceway
https://athlonsports.com/nascar/ranking ... racetracks
Ranking All 23

20. Pocono Raceway
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Again, that's probably spectator experience. I was rating based mostly on TV viewing.

By most accounts, Pocono is tough on the track spectator based on the very layout. Throw in the isolation of the track, no towns nearby with hotels, unpredictable mountain weather, etc.

The racing there is great. Make no mistake about that.

Now, get on back to golf, golf boy.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Just FYI, on my ranking, the cutoff of tracks where I generally really enjoy the racing is New Hampshire. Everything below that is hit or miss (AutoClub, Indy, road courses, and the Charlotte clones).
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Another thing that's peculiar is that I really enjoyed Charlotte growing up. Attended many races there. Saw "the pass in the grass" in person.

Then... Bruton Smith decided that nearly half of NASCAR races should be Charlotte clones. You could see it starting with Texas. Then it just went on and on.

Now I hate Charlotte. I've been desensitized to it.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:Again, that's probably spectator experience. I was rating based mostly on TV viewing.

By most accounts, Pocono is tough on the track spectator based on the very layout. Throw in the isolation of the track, no towns nearby with hotels, unpredictable mountain weather, etc.

:lol: Pocono is one of the worst on TV and if you say otherwise, you're trolling.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:Again, that's probably spectator experience. I was rating based mostly on TV viewing.

:lol: Pocono is one of the worst on TV and if you say otherwise, you're trolling.
Absolutely not. Great racing there. Turn 1 is hairy as hell. So many infamous crashes there. All three turns are a different radius and different banking. Plus, the races are fast and short. I love watching Pocono.

Again, stick to what you know. You prove that time and again that you know not much about NASCAR and basically want it to fail. To call me a troll is priceless, coming from you.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: :lol: Pocono is one of the worst on TV and if you say otherwise, you're trolling.
Absolutely not. Great racing there. Turn 1 is hairy as hell. So many infamous crashes there. All three turns are a different radius and different banking. Plus, the races are fast and short. I love watching Pocono.

Again, stick to what you know. You prove that time and again that you know not much about NASCAR and basically want it to fail. To call me a troll is priceless, coming from you.
:lol: So all NASCAR tracks are ranked #1. Not a dud out there. GMAFB 93, I'm in the VAST majority of people who think Pocono is one of the worst tracks.

http://fansided.com/2015/10/16/ranking- ... car-track/
Ranking all 23
19. Pocono
23. New Hampshire

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/n ... out-010717
Here are the 5 worst tracks on NASCAR’s 2016 Sprint Cup Schedule.

Pocono

Despite a strategic finish in 2016’s ending to the Axalta “We Paint Winners” 400, Pocono usually produces very spaced-out, limited-passing racing. Although it is one of the most historic tracks in NASCAR’s history, it could be considered a skip for most viewers.

There are plenty of unique characteristics about Pocono that make the “Tricky Triangle” a unique race track. Unfortunately, none of them result in better, more exciting racing.

I am sure it would be almost sacrilegious to compare NASCAR’s visit to Pocono to that of the Brickyard 400 stop at Indy, but Indy does have more prestige than arguably any other track besides Daytona, so it seems excusable. Maybe I am the only one who thinks that if you are going to watch four hours of racing you would like to see more than one pass in 50 laps?

Maybe, but probably not. There is one advantage to racing at Pocono, at least it isn’t a 1.5 mile tri-oval
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:Again, stick to what you know. You prove that time and again that you know not much about NASCAR and basically want it to fail. To call me a troll is priceless, coming from you.
BTW, you're in way too deep to see clearly. I have no reason to want it to fail. I do still pay attention and do watch quite often. I don't have as big an interest because I don't have a driver that I really like now. I love hockey but don't really watch a whole lot of games when it's not the Flyers or Caps.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I did a ranking. Meaning best to worst.

Surely you are smarter than this?

Pocono has excellent racing, yes. Did I stutter?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:Again, stick to what you know. You prove that time and again that you know not much about NASCAR and basically want it to fail. To call me a troll is priceless, coming from you.
BTW, you're in way too deep to see clearly. I have no reason to want it to fail. I do still pay attention and do watch quite often. I don't have as big an interest because I don't have a driver that I really like now. I love hockey but don't really watch a whole lot of games when it's not the Flyers or Caps.
I haven't watched more than five full hockey games this decade.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:I did a ranking. Meaning best to worst.

You say Indy is boring. It is. So is Pocono. I don't know if you have family that lives in Long Pond that makes it special for you but it is notoriously boring racing. It sucks balls compared to just about every other track.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:I did a ranking. Meaning best to worst.

You say Indy is boring. It is. So is Pocono. I don't know if you have family that lives in Long Pond that makes it special for you but it is notoriously boring racing. It sucks balls compared to just about every other track.
You're wrong. And that's OK. I went back and looked. I have Pocono 11 of 23.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: You say Indy is boring. It is. So is Pocono. I don't know if you have family that lives in Long Pond that makes it special for you but it is notoriously boring racing. It sucks balls compared to just about every other track.
You're wrong. And that's OK. I went back and looked. I have Pocono 11 of 23.
It is opinion, so it's hard to be right or wrong, but I've already given you four links that agree with my opinion. I think you'll be hard pressed to find any rankings aside from your own that rank Pocono in the top half. Hell, you may have a hard time finding one that doesn't have it in the bottom five.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

To use a cliche, I've forgotten more about NASCAR than most people, certainly you, will ever know. I don't need to go to some clickbait website ranking to justify my thoughts on NASCAR. There are two people on this board whose opinion on NASCAR I respect, as they are knowledgeable fans: BDK and Flagship. One, beside me, has already spoken. The two opinions certainly differ from yours, which isn't surprising.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:To use a cliche, I've forgotten more about NASCAR than most people, certainly you, will ever know. I don't need to go to some clickbait website ranking to justify my thoughts on NASCAR. There are two people on this board whose opinion on NASCAR I respect, as they are knowledgeable fans: BDK and Flagship. One, beside me, has already spoken. The two opinions certainly differ from yours, which isn't surprising.
Bully for you. You're starting to sound like a wine snob.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:To use a cliche, I've forgotten more about NASCAR than most people, certainly you, will ever know. I don't need to go to some clickbait website ranking to justify my thoughts on NASCAR. There are two people on this board whose opinion on NASCAR I respect, as they are knowledgeable fans: BDK and Flagship. One, beside me, has already spoken. The two opinions certainly differ from yours, which isn't surprising.
Bully for you. You're starting to sound like a wine snob.
Or even a beer snob.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Bully for you. You're starting to sound like a wine snob.
Or even a beer snob.
Sure. But I think the only person I've ever given grief to over liking or not liking particular beers is our Bud Light fans and even that's for fun.

You like Pocono, good for you. I think it's boring. More people agree with me. Doesn't make me right, but it sure as shit tells you that maybe you should get off your high horse.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

High horse? I don't even have it in my top ten. Reading comprehension is your friend.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:High horse? I don't even have it in my top ten. Reading comprehension is your friend.
:suspicious: Perhaps you're not familiar with that saying?
93henfan wrote:Again, 89, stick to golf. Tons of excitement there for you.
93henfan wrote:Again, stick to what you know. You prove that time and again that you know not much about NASCAR
93henfan wrote:To use a cliche, I've forgotten more about NASCAR than most people, certainly you, will ever know.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

So your own medicine is bitter?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:So your own medicine is bitter?
:? How's that?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Good grief, what's going on here?
Why can't someone like something for certain reasons, as long as it doesn't have a negative effect on someone else? I like Indy because it was the track that I first watched auto racing. Call it nostalgia. I like Pocono because, like Darlington, it has different turns. It's hard to set up a car to be strong in all the turns.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

CAA Flagship wrote:Good grief, what's going on here?
Heavy flow time of the month for the both of them it seems like

:stir: :shit:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I've never been to a NASCAR event (my wife went to Darlington in 2005, which still surprises me) but I hear Darlington is a lot of fun from friends and family that follow the sport.

Correct: I think I saw something at the Myrtle Beach Speedway when I was in college. I'm not sure...I was probably drunk.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17