2017 NASCAR Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Hahah, while leading, Logano fakes Kyle Busch (running second) on the final caution, pulls in the pits at the last minute and screens Busch enough that he misses the commit box and is penalized.

22 punches his ticket to the playoffs. Woot!

Image
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Jr had another snake-bit day. Early penalty. Fought back. Pit strategy didn't pay off with a caution, and then Jimmie Johnson has a complete brain fart and plows into Jr coming out of a turn, breaking Jr's rear sway bar. Jr really needs a win next week at Talladega.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Thu May 04, 2017 11:05 am

22 penalized for a rear suspension violation at Richmond. The win is not stripped but is "encumbered". He keeps the race points (less 25 points) but loses the five playoff points. Also, the win is no longer a playoff clincher. Tom Gordon is suspended two races and $50K fine. Logano will switch places with his teammate Keselowski in the standings, dropping from fourth to fifth. No appeal by Penske.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51281
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby Ibanez » Thu May 04, 2017 11:09 am

93henfan wrote:22 penalized for a rear suspension violation at Richmond. The win is not stripped but is "encumbered". He keeps the race points (less 25 points) but loses the five playoff points. Also, the win is no longer a playoff clincher. Tom Gordon is suspended two races and $50K fine. Logano will switch places with his teammate Keselowski in the standings, dropping from fourth to fifth. No appeal by Penske.

Team Penske is the New England Patriots of NASCAR. :twocents: :coffee: :suspicious: :mrgreen: :shocker: :censored: :bj:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Thu May 04, 2017 12:05 pm

Ibanez wrote:
93henfan wrote:22 penalized for a rear suspension violation at Richmond. The win is not stripped but is "encumbered". He keeps the race points (less 25 points) but loses the five playoff points. Also, the win is no longer a playoff clincher. Tom Gordon is suspended two races and $50K fine. Logano will switch places with his teammate Keselowski in the standings, dropping from fourth to fifth. No appeal by Penske.

Team Penske is the New England Patriots of NASCAR. :twocents: :coffee: :suspicious: :mrgreen: :shocker: :censored: :bj:


If you check the penalties this year (or any other), every team is the Patriots.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15642
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby BDKJMU » Thu May 04, 2017 9:56 pm

93henfan wrote:22 penalized for a rear suspension violation at Richmond. The win is not stripped but is "encumbered". He keeps the race points (less 25 points) but loses the five playoff points. Also, the win is no longer a playoff clincher. Tom Gordon is suspended two races and $50K fine. Logano will switch places with his teammate Keselowski in the standings, dropping from fourth to fifth. No appeal by Penske.


Which drops his point total for Richmond from 42 points (40 for the win + 2 stage points) down to 17 points, the same as 20th place Austin Dillon got..

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15642
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby BDKJMU » Sun May 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Massive wreck at Dega with 19 laps to go involving 16 cars. 24 on its side, 47 caused it, flipped and rolled..A lot of top cars involved, 88 squeaked by..

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun May 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Another day at Talladega. Could be big for Jr. He needs a win badly.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15642
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby BDKJMU » Sun May 07, 2017 2:45 pm

27 min red flag just ended, now under yellow with 19 to go. 'The Big One' video:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 101411470/

I guess they'll restart with around 14 to go. Top 6/top 3 rows will be
-Kyle Busch, Hamlin
-Junior, McMurray
-Menard, Johnson
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sun May 07, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun May 07, 2017 2:50 pm

One of the more tame big ones, as big ones go. Logano was a pin cushion in that one. Elliott was lucky not to start rolling. All a testament to safety features built into the cars.

Also, Danica Patrick has a penchant for turning straight into the inside wall whenever she's behind an accident. Texting or makeup probably.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun May 07, 2017 2:53 pm

It's about as pointless as commenting on how bad NHL officials are, but why the hell does it take NASCAR 45 minutes to get a race going after a routine crash? They clear the D.C. Beltway faster than this after a crash.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun May 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Jr is toast. Snake bitten. Loose LR wheel. Fack!!!
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15642
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby BDKJMU » Sun May 07, 2017 3:04 pm

God damn it restarted with 15 to go & Jr had to pit- loose wheel due to loose nuts.

Caution with 10 to go because skinny jeans gets stuck on the track..

Restarting with 7 to go.
1st row Kyle Busch, Johnson
2nd row Stenhouse, Kahne
3rd row McMurray, Menard

Jr gets free pass, back on lead lap, restarting 23rd.

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15642
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby BDKJMU » Sun May 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Wreck with 3 to go, 31 Newman tore up, Junior squeaked by in 17th..

Gonna have overtime Green/White/Checkered..
1st row Kyle Busch, Stenouse
2nd row Johnson, Kahne
3rd row McMurray, Menard

Someone please wreck the 18...

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun May 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Yeah, 18 didn't jump that start or the two before it. Fuckhead.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun May 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Woot Stenhouse! First cup victory!!!
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun May 07, 2017 3:19 pm

I hope Danica puts out for Ricky tonight. It'll be the closest to victory she'll ever get in NASCAR.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15642
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby BDKJMU » Sun May 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Danica's boyfriend wins!

1. Stenhouse
2. McMurray
3. Kyle Busch
4. Almirola
5. Kahne

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun May 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Busch, the bitch he is, gives no congrats to Stenhouse and remarks about Talladega, "it'll be nice to go to a real race track next weekend."

Seriously, I will not shed a tear for anything that happens to that twat.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sat May 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Helluva crash at Kanas after Logano's right front brake assembly breaks apart, leaving only his left brake engaged, which caused his car to pull left into Danica, and then Aric Almirola had nowhere to go and plowed at about 90% of max speed into Logano. Almirola is trapped in his car and has to be cut out. Airlifted to KU. Awake and alert but injuries not yet disclosed. Damn.

Danica verbally lays into Logano on cue when she gets out of her car, having absolutely no clue that Logano had a mechanical failure. Typical. It'll be nice when she's gone and not taking up the spot a decent driver could use.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4682
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:23 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
Location: Norfolk VA

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby TheDancinMonarch » Sun May 14, 2017 7:37 am

93henfan wrote:Helluva crash at Kanas after Logano's right front brake assembly breaks apart, leaving only his left brake engaged, which caused his car to pull left into Danica, and then Aric Almirola had nowhere to go and plowed at about 90% of max speed into Logano. Almirola is trapped in his car and has to be cut out. Airlifted to KU. Awake and alert but injuries not yet disclosed. Damn.

Danica verbally lays into Logano on cue when she gets out of her car, having absolutely no clue that Logano had a mechanical failure. Typical. It'll be nice when she's gone and not taking up the spot a decent driver could use.


I can understand her being upset immediately after the crash when not in possession of all the facts but that major-league first class whine she gave on TV after leaving the care center will not be career enhancing. I thought that she was supposed to be so media savvy.
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun May 14, 2017 1:49 pm

TheDancinMonarch wrote:
93henfan wrote:Helluva crash at Kanas after Logano's right front brake assembly breaks apart, leaving only his left brake engaged, which caused his car to pull left into Danica, and then Aric Almirola had nowhere to go and plowed at about 90% of max speed into Logano. Almirola is trapped in his car and has to be cut out. Airlifted to KU. Awake and alert but injuries not yet disclosed. Damn.

Danica verbally lays into Logano on cue when she gets out of her car, having absolutely no clue that Logano had a mechanical failure. Typical. It'll be nice when she's gone and not taking up the spot a decent driver could use.


I can understand her being upset immediately after the crash when not in possession of all the facts but that major-league first class whine she gave on TV after leaving the care center will not be career enhancing. I thought that she was supposed to be so media savvy.


Yeah agree. She has had legitimately terrible luck this season, but so has Junior and you don't see him whining. Granted, he is choosing to leave voluntarily while she is on the last year of a contract.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53124
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby 93henfan » Sun May 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Almirola fractured a vertebrae. That really sucks. Understandable with the force of the impact.

"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 20670
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby clenz » Sun May 14, 2017 6:12 pm

93henfan wrote:
TheDancinMonarch wrote:
I can understand her being upset immediately after the crash when not in possession of all the facts but that major-league first class whine she gave on TV after leaving the care center will not be career enhancing. I thought that she was supposed to be so media savvy.


Yeah agree. She has had legitimately terrible luck this season, but so has Junior and you don't see him whining. Granted, he is choosing to leave voluntarily while she is on the last year of a contract.

I was wondering if it was just me that though she sounded like a whiney funt coming out of the care center.

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15642
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2017 NASCAR Thread

Postby BDKJMU » Tue May 16, 2017 7:03 pm

clenz wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Yeah agree. She has had legitimately terrible luck this season, but so has Junior and you don't see him whining. Granted, he is choosing to leave voluntarily while she is on the last year of a contract.

I was wondering if it was just me that though she sounded like a whiney funt coming out of the care center.


No it wasn't just you. I didn't get to watch the Kansas Spinout-Loose wheel-Brake Failure 400 until last night. Patrick sounded like whiny little bitch with her answers. And Didn't express any concern about Almirola until the very end of the interview. Contracts that with Logano who express what sounded like genuine concern right away.


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 93 guests