49's Stadium to be named after Walsh

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
blackfordpu
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sam Houston State

49's Stadium to be named after Walsh

Post by blackfordpu »

Mayor announces name change at public memorial service

SAN FRANCISCO -- Fans of Bill Walsh paid tribute Friday to the Hall of Fame 49ers coach, describing him as a legend who uplifted the football franchise and the city.

San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsom told the crowd Friday the field at Monster Park would be named after Walsh, although the name of the stadium won't change.

"He shared his action, he shared his passion and he made our lives better," Newsom said.

Hundreds gathered at the field at Candlestick Park to celebrate Walsh, who died of leukemia on July 30 at 75. Friday's service included a gospel choir singing "Amazing Graze" and a video recounting Walsh's achievements.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2969252
GeauxColonels
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Nicholls State

Re: 49's Stadium to be named after Walsh

Post by GeauxColonels »

blackfordpu wrote:Mayor announces name change at public memorial service

SAN FRANCISCO -- Fans of Bill Walsh paid tribute Friday to the Hall of Fame 49ers coach, describing him as a legend who uplifted the football franchise and the city.

San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsom told the crowd Friday the field at Monster Park would be named after Walsh, although the name of the stadium won't change.

"He shared his action, he shared his passion and he made our lives better," Newsom said.

Hundreds gathered at the field at Candlestick Park to celebrate Walsh, who died of leukemia on July 30 at 75. Friday's service included a gospel choir singing "Amazing Graze" and a video recounting Walsh's achievements.

Then souldn't the title of the thread read "49ers' FIELD to be named after Walsh"??
blackfordpu
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sam Houston State

Post by blackfordpu »

GeauxColonels wrote:
blackfordpu wrote:Mayor announces name change at public memorial service

Then souldn't the title of the thread read "49ers' FIELD to be named after Walsh"??
blah, blah, blah, blah
GeauxColonels
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Nicholls State

Post by GeauxColonels »

blackfordpu wrote:
GeauxColonels wrote: Then souldn't the title of the thread read "49ers' FIELD to be named after Walsh"??
blah, blah, blah, blah
It clearly states that they would be naming the field after him, NOT the stadium. I just mentioned that because I actually thought a team was ditching their stadium's corporate namesake for someone this important. If that was the case, it would have been monumental to see a team do that and lose the millions of $$$s that naming rights generate.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Goes along with the other Bump on Walsh
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter