The KuppAngeles Rams

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: The KuppAngeles Rams

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote:
dal4018 wrote: Kupp has 68 grabs 879 yds 7 tds these stats are better than Dez Bryant 66 grabs 779 yds 5 tds.
Dez Bryant is done. Not sure what happened to him but he looks like a guy on his way out of the league. He's more like a good tight end now than an elite WR.
There is a rumor on TWITTER that Dallas might try to resign him?????
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Chizzang wrote:In Jerry Rices first season he had 11 drops (to lead the NFL in drops)
and 49 receptions with 3 TD's

Just an FYI
And RICE was still voted as Rookie of the year.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Larry Fitzgerald 4.63
Jerry Rice 4.71
Cris Carter 4.63
Anquan Boldin - 4.71
Brandon Lloyd - 4.62
Hines Ward - 4.55
Brandon Marshall - 4.52
Dez Bryant - 4.52
Antonio Brown - 4.47

It's not all about speed as you can see from the list above. Kupp has great hands and makes catches other receivers drop, he also runs great routes and his QB's had confidence in him. I would love to have see Green Bay get him.
Nice work, Gil! :lol:

I wonder what Stever Largent's 40 time was?

Kupp is about as chippy as it gets when it comes to being overlooked. Having only two offers out of high school (EWU and PSU) drove him through college. And based on his performances against 4 Pac-12 secondaries and future NFL talent, his speed does not prevent him from getting free.

Just like with Baldwin and the staff at EWU, his work ethic and preparation have blown away the Rams staff. He comes into rookie camp looking like a 10 year veteran. He's very good at his craft.
Largent was the only person I compared KUPP with.On Thursday KUPP had 9 grabs and 162 yds 2 scores vs The Vikings.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

dal4018 wrote:
kalm wrote:

Kupp is about as chippy as it gets when it comes to being overlooked. Having only two offers out of high school (EWU and PSU) drove him through college. And based on his performances against 4 Pac-12 secondaries and future NFL talent, his speed does not prevent him from getting free.

Just like with Baldwin and the staff at EWU, his work ethic and preparation have blown away the Rams staff. He comes into rookie camp looking like a 10 year veteran. He's very good at his craft.
Largent was the only person I compared KUPP with.On Thursday KUPP had 9 grabs and 162 yds 2 scores vs The Vikings.
Great route runner but Kupp’s athleticism makes him more like a Fitzgerald, Ward, or an Eric Decker.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Largent was the only person I compared KUPP with.On Thursday KUPP had 9 grabs and 162 yds 2 scores vs The Vikings.
Great route runner but Kupp’s athleticism makes him more like a Fitzgerald, Ward, or an Eric Decker.
When he came to Fargo, he lined up almost everywhere on the field. Great athlete.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:No offense to Kupp, but I think that says more about the Rams than it does about him. :?
No, I don't think it does. He is gonna be great and would start on most teams, I believe.
The HC puts his WR in positions to exploit the weakness of the opposing teams case and point KUPP was put up against ANTHONY BARR a,Outside linebacker Kupp left BARR in the dust.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

kalm wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Largent was the only person I compared KUPP with.On Thursday KUPP had 9 grabs and 162 yds 2 scores vs The Vikings.
I was told DECKER was a deep threat.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:Ok I'll go ahead and stick my neck out and say what I think we can expect. I think you guys over rate him. I've watched him over the years and I don't think he's anywhere near the top of the list in terms of the best receivers to come out of I-AA/FCS. I think he will play. But his best 40 at the combine was 4.62 seconds. He's downright slow by NFL wide receiver standards.

I'll go ahead and say I don't think he's ever going to amount to much in the NFL. But the nice thing is that if it turns out that he does you guys can link this post and tell me how wrong I was.
Today:

7 receptions for 220, 1 TD and 31.4 ypc

Looks like he has JUST enough speed to pick up some YAC and make it in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/player-highli ... ame-Week-8

:mrgreen:

(And yes, JSO you did admit to sticking your neck out on this one :thumb: )
Last edited by kalm on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Ok I'll go ahead and stick my neck out and say what I think we can expect. I think you guys over rate him. I've watched him over the years and I don't think he's anywhere near the top of the list in terms of the best receivers to come out of I-AA/FCS. I think he will play. But his best 40 at the combine was 4.62 seconds. He's downright slow by NFL wide receiver standards.

I'll go ahead and say I don't think he's ever going to amount to much in the NFL. But the nice thing is that if it turns out that he does you guys can link this post and tell me how wrong I was.
Today:

Looks like he has JUST enough speed to pick some YAC and make it in the NFL.

(And yes, JSO you did admit to sticking your neck out on this one :thumb: )
JSO knows football like he knows economics. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

kalm wrote:
Today:

He aight
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

kalm wrote:
I personally would have stuck him on the track squad that 4.62 would have dropped immediately to a 4.4!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

dal4018 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
No, I don't think it does. He is gonna be great and would start on most teams, I believe.
The HC puts his WR in positions to exploit the weakness of the opposing teams case and point KUPP was put up against ANTHONY BARR a,Outside linebacker Kupp left BARR in the dust.
Yes that 70 yd bomb.
Last edited by dal4018 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

I have had Cupp on my fantasy team each year since he has been in the league, he definitely helps me win games.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Silenoz wrote:
kalm wrote:
Today:

He aight
7 grabs 220 yds not bad for a night's work.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Vidav wrote:I have had Cupp on my fantasy team each year since he has been in the league, he definitely helps me win games.
If he was not injured last year the Rams would have won the SUPERBOWL.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Vidav wrote:I have had Cupp on my fantasy team each year since he has been in the league, he definitely helps me win games.
Kupp had 35 pts after he had 220 yds on 7 grabs.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Larry Fitzgerald 4.63
Jerry Rice 4.71
Cris Carter 4.63
Anquan Boldin - 4.71
Brandon Lloyd - 4.62
Hines Ward - 4.55
Brandon Marshall - 4.52
Dez Bryant - 4.52
Antonio Brown - 4.47

It's not all about speed as you can see from the list above. Kupp has great hands and makes catches other receivers drop, he also runs great routes and his QB's had confidence in him. I would love to have see Green Bay get him.

Kupp is a faster version of Steve Largent I said that about him while he was in college at Eastern Washington.I hope that the Rams get a chance for revenge on the Patriots so Stephen Gilmore can see this guy up close.If I was his college coach I would have told him to join the track squad and all these questions about his footspeed would not have to be talked about in this forum.He would be a 4.37 version of Largent!!!!!!!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

He got shut down by the Steelers.... Stat line: 0 /0 / 0 / 0 in all categories

:shock:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:48 pm He's playing but I wouldn't say he's creating a "greatest receiver to come out of I-AA/FCS ever" impression. So far he hasn't started a game and has 17 catches. Today he had a drop on the Rams' potential game winning TD (https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/8/1644 ... e-seahawks).

Just to compare him to a I-AA/FCS receiver who came out without much fanfare: Marques Colston came out of Hofstra and as a rookie in 2006 ended up starting 12 games during what was then a 14 game season. Had 70 catches in the 14 game season. If Cupp continues at the rate of his first five games he'll end up with 54 in a 16 game season.

Not that 54 catches in a season is bad. But this "greatest receiver to come out of I-AA/FCS" stuff is a bunch of crap. He's nowhere near the level of people like Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss.
Here’s another brilliant analysis by JSO. Love this one. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

How wrong you were. :dunce: :dunce:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:36 pm

Man, it is really humiliating when Z gets to tell you how wrong you are!
:thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Another receiver who was "slow" by NFL standards (a proud member of the "old" Missouri Valley Conference):

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:41 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:36 pm

Man, it is really humiliating when Z gets to tell you how wrong you are!
Which is why you spend so much time humiliated. I get to tell it to you all the time!! :kisswink: :kisswink: :kisswink:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Just saw that Brady ran a 5.2 40 at the combine. Heck, I ran a 5.2 during post-season workouts behind the Baun Fitness Center at UOP. Of course, the strength coach had paired me, the 6th string quarterback (probably would have either stayed there or moved up a spot or two after our first two 5th year senior QBs had graduated) with the starting center, who thoroughly kicked my shell. The difference? Brady can actually play. I probably would have looked like George Plimpton with the Lions....

Of course, it didn't matter. A week before Christmas, UOP announced on the evening news that the football program had been "suspended," and I transferred to San Joaquin Delta College the following summer, and then to Sac the year after that....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Everyone's all over Arians and Bowles for that all-out blitz call on the Kupp catch. Arians threw the team under the bus, saying that some guys didn't get the word that it was an all-out blitz, and at least one guy was covering a zone with NO Rams anywhere close. While he didn't name the dude, the guy came clean, but that still doesn't explain why the Bucs were blitzing in the first place....

https://sports.yahoo.com/bruce-arians-d ... 23431.html