2018 NFL Season Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Messing with Philly fans, mostly. You guys are just so...what's the word...obstinate. :thumb:
Go fuck yourself, Weetag!
BOOM!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Fractured Vertebrae for Wentz? What's the news out of Philly?
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

If Philly is smart Wentz would be placed on IR and be done with it this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:Fractured Vertebrae for Wentz? What's the news out of Philly?
Yes. But it was just one. So vertebra. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
css75 wrote:If Philly is smart Wentz would be placed on IR and be done with it this year.

Sent from my nobody gives a shit
Yes. It hasn't been announced, but seems inevitable.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

By the way Gil, the Wentz injury (he had complained of back soreness for weeks) combined with the alarming amount of games lost to injury by the whole team has shined a MAJOR spotlight on the Eagles medical/training staff, which was dismantled mysteriously just two weeks after the Super Bowl 52 win.

Very interesting article. This is an official shit storm hitting the Eagles right now. Here's just a primer. The entire article is alarming and damning:

About two weeks after the team won Super Bowl LII, head athletic trainer Chris Peduzzi left the team after 19 years, under strange circumstances: officially, he resigned, but one league source said he was forced out. Peduzzi issued a stock statement but has declined to comment further.

Incredibly, Peduzzi was not officially replaced until June, by Titans assistant Jerome Reid; this, despite several major, ongoing injury crises, chief among them Wentz’s reconstructed knee, Alshon Jeffery’s rebuilt rotator cuff and Brandon Graham’s ankle, which ultimately needed surgery.

Graham finally got his operation May 1. About a month and a half later, the Eagles fired Peter DeLuca, the head physician, and internist Gary Dorshimer, both of the Rothman Institute, and both 20-year team docs. The Eagles then tweaked their doctor roster...
http://www2.philly.com/eagles/carson-we ... 81213.html
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Stupid Chargers. :ohno:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Wow did the Chiefs get jobbed there.

A PI call that wasn’t, then a push off by the offensive receiver that wasn’t called.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

AZGrizFan wrote:Wow did the Chiefs get jobbed there.

A PI call that wasn’t, then a push off by the offensive receiver that wasn’t called.
They got away with targeting just before that, though.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Keenan Allen got injured and will probably cost me fantasy title.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by UNI88 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Wow did the Chiefs get jobbed there.

On Rivers? Was he defenseless? And I'm pretty sure that while they never call it it's against the rules for the ball carrier to lead with the crown of his helmet outside of the tackle box. Rivers was at least as guilty as the defender in that situation.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

UNI88 wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
On Rivers? Was he defenseless? And I'm pretty sure that while they never call it it's against the rules for the ball carrier to lead with the crown of his helmet outside of the tackle box. Rivers was at least as guilty as the defender in that situation.
Huh? Rivers got hit in the side of the head while he was going down sideways.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by UNI88 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
UNI88 wrote:On Rivers? Was he defenseless? And I'm pretty sure that while they never call it it's against the rules for the ball carrier to lead with the crown of his helmet outside of the tackle box. Rivers was at least as guilty as the defender in that situation.
He was a ball carrier not a defenseless receiver. The defender was going sideways too. Rivers lowered his helmet and was just as responsible for the helmet to helmet hit as the defender. I'm a huge proponent of head safety but it's a two way street and the offensive player has to be held accountable as well. It was a good no call.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
He was a ball carrier not a defenseless receiver. The defender was going sideways too. Rivers lowered his helmet and was just as responsible for the helmet to helmet hit as the defender. I'm a huge proponent of head safety but it's a two way street and the offensive player has to be held accountable as well. It was a good no call.

Of course you're missing the part where Rivers was already down on that play - both knees were on the ground by the time he got hit in the head. He's lucky he's got such a thick head and could stay in the game after that hit.

Andy Reid team again, late in the year, starts to stumble. I love Andy, but as we get into December and January he's either the most unlucky guy in the world or there's just something missing. If he ends up losing home field advantage after this and then not only that, but has to go on the road in the divisional round, you might see his team come up short yet again.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:He was a ball carrier not a defenseless receiver. The defender was going sideways too. Rivers lowered his helmet and was just as responsible for the helmet to helmet hit as the defender. I'm a huge proponent of head safety but it's a two way street and the offensive player has to be held accountable as well. It was a good no call.

Of course you're missing the part where Rivers was already down on that play - both knees were on the ground by the time he got hit in the head. He's lucky he's got such a thick head and could stay in the game after that hit.

Andy Reid team again, late in the year, starts to stumble. I love Andy, but as we get into December and January he's either the most unlucky guy in the world or there's just something missing. If he ends up losing home field advantage after this and then not only that, but has to go on the road in the divisional round, you might see his team come up short yet again.
And you're missing the part where the defender's helmet was low before Rivers dropped his head and caused the helmet to helmet contact. If you insist on a flag then it should have been thrown on Rivers despite his whining.

You might be right about Reid but this team seems different from his earlier teams. Mahomes isn't McNabb or Smith. He'll make mistakes but he's going to step and go down swinging rather than throwing up on the sidelines.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

And you're missing the part where the defender's helmet was low before Rivers dropped his head and caused the helmet to helmet contact. If you insist on a flag then it should have been thrown on Rivers despite his whining.

You might be right about Reid but this team seems different from his earlier teams. Mahomes isn't McNabb or Smith. He'll make mistakes but he's going to step and go down swinging rather than throwing up on the sidelines.

Well, since Rivers was being tackled, had his legs wrapped up, and was falling to the ground, it's hard to say he was intentionally lowering his helmet. Hard to be leading with your helmet once your tackled and technically down as Rivers was.

And I've seen plenty of Andy Reid teams - so far, this one looks just like the ones that came before it. I'll be happy for him and for the Chiefs if they are able to avoid history repeating itself again - Reid's a great guy and the Chiefs are a fun team to watch. But history...
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
UNI88 wrote:On Rivers? Was he defenseless? And I'm pretty sure that while they never call it it's against the rules for the ball carrier to lead with the crown of his helmet outside of the tackle box. Rivers was at least as guilty as the defender in that situation.
Totally targeting. What other body part was he suppose to “lead” with at that point?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote:And you're missing the part where the defender's helmet was low before Rivers dropped his head and caused the helmet to helmet contact. If you insist on a flag then it should have been thrown on Rivers despite his whining.

Well, since Rivers was being tackled, had his legs wrapped up, and was falling to the ground, it's hard to say he was intentionally lowering his helmet. Hard to be leading with your helmet once your tackled and technically down as Rivers was.

And I've seen plenty of Andy Reid teams - so far, this one looks just like the ones that came before it. I'll be happy for him and for the Chiefs if they are able to avoid history repeating itself again - Reid's a great guy and the Chiefs are a fun team to watch. But history...
We'll have to disagree. If you want to talk about targeting and the Chiefs choking, take a look at the hit that knocked Kelce out of the playoff game against the Titans last year and explain to me how that wasn't targeting and this was ...

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Wentz out three months. Full recovery expected.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:Wentz out three months. Full recovery expected.
He sucked this year anyway.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote:We'll have to disagree.
His eyes were down, he led with the crown. You just can't do that any more. Eyes up and he would have been fine. :twocents:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:Wentz out three months. Full recovery expected.
He sucked this year anyway.
His stats are nearly identical, it's just that the NFL is down this year. :nod:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

UNI88 wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Zeke got flagged for it earlier this year.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BTW - how’s the rest of the NFL’s FCS class of 2009 doing?

Wasn’t there some QB from Appy that was pretty good?

Andre Roberts is one of the premiere return men in the NFL:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... A2joS8Vn8M
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Vidav wrote:HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!
:lol:
Grizalltheway