2018 NFL Season Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by Gil Dobie »

Let's start with the New Rule.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by 89Hen »

Good for them. Nice to remind players that they are lucky to be a part of this private company and there are plenty of guys who would replace them in a heartbeat.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

I can’t stand the NFLPA backing these clowns, they need to do a better job of picking their battles.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

The NFLPA will fight this, Goodell will say something stupid, sportscasters will wank about it, and TV ratings will drop again.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Can I ask why kneeling is considered disrespectful? People kneel to show respect for their god(s), monarch, etc. Turning your back to the flag is disrespectful. I don't think kneeling while facing the flag is. This has been blown out of proportion by yahoos itching for something to bitch & fight about.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The most offensive part of the whole story is people who thought, even when the story was still breaking, that Kaepernick was still a starting-caliber NFL quarterback.

Near-genius move on his part, that ultimately didn’t work out. Start race-baiting the league to give you an appeasement contract after your better days are behind you. Oh well. Kudos on the ploy, even though it didn’t work out.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:Can I ask why kneeling is considered disrespectful? People kneel to show respect for their god(s), monarch, etc. Turning your back to the flag is disrespectful. I don't think kneeling while facing the flag is. This has been blown out of proportion by yahoos itching for something to bitch & fight about.
I agree. I don't see kneeling as disrespectful.

Also - the message has been distorted. The players are kneeling during the National Anthem to protest the treatment of blacks (I don't quite understand that logic but that's it.) They are NOT protesting the national anthem or the flag. It's not a matter of patriotism.

Besides - you'd think this would be something that the right would love. Look at these people exercising their 1A right to peacefully protest. It's a great lesson.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:Can I ask why kneeling is considered disrespectful? People kneel to show respect for their god(s), monarch, etc. Turning your back to the flag is disrespectful. I don't think kneeling while facing the flag is. This has been blown out of proportion by yahoos itching for something to bitch & fight about.
Hey, 88, you’re getting mighty feisty for a centrist! :lol: :shocker:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Exactly. Blown out of proportion by an asshole who dodged the draft, disrespects the military, doesn't even know the words to the National Anthem, and tweets congrats to this Charming, Unique, Needy Twatwaffle:

who really disrespected the Anthem.
:thumb:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

dbackjon wrote: Blown out of proportion by an asshole who dodged the draft, disrespects the military, doesn't even know the words to the National Anthem

:nod: This ^ is a completely valid observation
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

If, in your two half a mind combined, the Donald “disrespects the military”, please, pray tell, describe what OBAMA’S opinion of the military was? Because Donald looks like George Fucking Washington compared to the douchebag that preceded him (from a military perspective)...Never in my lifetime have I seen a president have such disdain for the military as Obama proudly displayed at virtually every opportunity.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

AZGrizFan wrote:If, in your two half a mind combined, the Donald “disrespects the military”, please, pray tell, describe what OBAMA’S opinion of the military was? Because Donald looks like George **** Washington compared to the douchebag that preceded him (from a military perspective)...Never in my lifetime have I seen a president have such disdain for the military as Obama proudly displayed at virtually every opportunity.
This.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:If, in your two half a mind combined, the Donald “disrespects the military”, please, pray tell, describe what OBAMA’S opinion of the military was? Because Donald looks like George **** Washington compared to the douchebag that preceded him (from a military perspective)...Never in my lifetime have I seen a president have such disdain for the military as Obama proudly displayed at virtually every opportunity.
They're both egomaniacs who could give 2 shits about the military or anyone else besides themselves?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

You’re right, but you’ve become a rather grumpy old man. Worse than I am. Worse than Houndy. Worse than 89. :ohno:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:If, in your two half a mind combined, the Donald “disrespects the military”, please, pray tell, describe what OBAMA’S opinion of the military was? Because Donald looks like George Fucking Washington compared to the douchebag that preceded him (from a military perspective)...Never in my lifetime have I seen a president have such disdain for the military as Obama proudly displayed at virtually every opportunity.
So announcing to the world that you know more than U.S. Generals in the Middle East
is somehow "respecting" the military

and

“He’s not a war hero. He’s not a war hero because he was captured. I don’t like people who were captured.”

:shock:

AZ, you might be clouded here
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote:

Exactly. Blown out of proportion by an asshole who dodged the draft, disrespects the military, doesn't even know the words to the National Anthem, and tweets congrats to this Charming, Unique, Needy Twatwaffle:

who really disrespected the Anthem.
IMO, it was the media that blew it out of proportion. The media took a human rights issue and turned it into an anthem and flag issue. Trump only chimed in when he ran out of other things to tweet about. The NFL is only worried about the money.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

COWBOYS UPDATE #1

Great timing, fellas. 2018 is surely the year to buy penis-shaped water guns, then take them to the club, exposed barrel-up, and get yourself photographed with a bunch of young white girls. Goodell is thrilled, I'm sure. :lol:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/05/ezekiel-e ... -clubbing/

Last edited by 93henfan on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

COWBOYS UPDATE #2

Ezekiel Elliott wears front-side fanny packs at clubs.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:If, in your two half a mind combined, the Donald “disrespects the military”, please, pray tell, describe what OBAMA’S opinion of the military was? Because Donald looks like George Fucking Washington compared to the douchebag that preceded him (from a military perspective)...Never in my lifetime have I seen a president have such disdain for the military as Obama proudly displayed at virtually every opportunity.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

good god you are blind. How did Obama show disdain? And compared to what SHIT Trump has shown towards the military, you are FUCKING NUTS.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Chizzang wrote:
So announcing to the world that you know more than U.S. Generals in the Middle East
is somehow "respecting" the military

and

“He’s not a war hero. He’s not a war hero because he was captured. I don’t like people who were captured.”

:shock:

AZ, you might be clouded here
Might? Z moves to Texas and turns full on Trumpanzee
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

93henfan wrote:COWBOYS UPDATE #2

Was it a straight club?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

93henfan wrote:COWBOYS UPDATE #1

Great timing, fellas. 2018 is surely the year to buy penis-shaped water guns, then take them to the club, exposed barrel-up, and get yourself photographed with a bunch of young white girls. Goodell is thrilled, I'm sure. :lol:

Hey, when they became Cowboys, they REALLY embraced the Cowboy Lifestyle (Brokeback, that is)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:COWBOYS UPDATE #1

In his defense, a bar full of young women is the only place you can walk around with a plastic cock sticking out of your waistband and not be a homogaypussyfaggot

He had better hope none of those gals are woke though

BTW I've lost track on the SJW intersectionality hierarchy... who outranks whom... black man or white woman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
I agree. I don't see kneeling as disrespectful.

Also - the message has been distorted. The players are kneeling during the National Anthem to protest the treatment of blacks (I don't quite understand that logic but that's it.) They are NOT protesting the national anthem or the flag. It's not a matter of patriotism.

Besides - you'd think this would be something that the right would love. Look at these people exercising their 1A right to peacefully protest. It's a great lesson.
No you wouldn’t, because there is no 1st Amendment right to protest in this instance. When you’re an employee at work, in uniform, representing your employer, you have no 1st Amendment right to protest. ZERO. It doesn’t matter if it’s the NFL or (insert your job/career field here). That is the lesson which a lot of people can’t grasp when they claim the players are exercising 1st amendment rights.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:COWBOYS UPDATE #2

Isn’t the name for that a fag bag?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.