2018-19 NBA Basketball Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 2018-19 NBA Basketball Thread

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: I can't possibly outreach you on this one. You keep saying the top teams could lose, but they don't. All of the results back my narrative and NONE back yours. :king:

And as far as "watch"... yeah, I check the scores on my phone so I can see how much more I know about the NBA than you who actually does watch. :lol:
I was going to watch the NHL playoffs the other night. Couldn't find the station covering it so I did the next best thing - I flipped a coin over and over again to see who'd win - heads or tails. Believe you me, there is nothing more exciting in sports than a Game 7 coin flip.
Spoiler: show
Heads won, 4 flips to 3. Couldn't figure out how to have them shake hands after the series, but then I realized most teams shake hands after games anyway (for the most part, except in baseball because baseball people are weird sometimes) so I thought it wasn't really that big of a deal.
:lol: Wow are you really digging deep and trying to change the subject. You like basketball, I'm not sure why you're so defensive about it.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

And...Houston manages to lose again to Golden State (playing without Durant). :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

The only shocking thing about Houston losing was that it took more than 4 games.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Granted, Khwai is great and he made an incredible shot at the end. But there's no excuse for all of the offensive rebounds Toronto had (Toronto had something like 24 extra shots than the Sixers), there's no reason for the bad offense late in the game (think there were three straight possessions where the Sixers didn't get a shot off), and there's no reason for the Sixers not to win that game. I'm all in favor of Brown being shown the door. But at this point, I think you need to do what you can to sign Jimmy and Tobias, just to see what you get from them from a whole year having this thing together. Toronto won't be anything next year, Boston will be far weaker, and we'll have to see if KD comes to the Knicks and makes them something. Tough loss, especially when it was there for the win.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Blazers move on thanks to CJ McCollum's (Lehigh) big game. The FCS backcourt of Lillard and McCollum move on to face the Warriors.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

The city of brothers in love gets their ass kicked by a hockey country team!

Talk about Ebiidarrassing!

How the hell can a group of black guys from Canada kick our ass at the brothers national pastime?

Fucking embarrassing

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:The city of brothers in love gets their ass kicked by a hockey country team!

How the hell can a group of black guys from Canada kick our ass at the brothers national pastime?

Fucking embarrassing
No shock. The Sixers just aren't very good. They've whiffed on too many draft picks and missed their opportunity to be a great team.

How about that last shot though? That was awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a game-winner bounce four times on the rim before going in. That was sick.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2018-19 NBA Basketball Thread

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:Granted, Khwai is great and he made an incredible shot at the end. But there's no excuse for all of the offensive rebounds Toronto had (Toronto had something like 24 extra shots than the Sixers), there's no reason for the bad offense late in the game (think there were three straight possessions where the Sixers didn't get a shot off), and there's no reason for the Sixers not to win that game. I'm all in favor of Brown being shown the door. But at this point, I think you need to do what you can to sign Jimmy and Tobias, just to see what you get from them from a whole year having this thing together. Toronto won't be anything next year, Boston will be far weaker, and we'll have to see if KD comes to the Knicks and makes them something. Tough loss, especially when it was there for the win.
What you have in Janie Butler is a guy who comes off as a gritty, hard-nosed team player but is really a slow developing cancer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

I don't mind Philly, but I'm happy Buckets lost.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

93henfan wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:The city of brothers in love gets their ass kicked by a hockey country team!

Fucking embarrassing
No shock. The Sixers just aren't very good. They've whiffed on too many draft picks and missed their opportunity to be a great team.

How about that last shot though? That was awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a game-winner bounce four times on the rim before going in. That was sick.

Didnt watch, I watch real sports like hockey

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Didnt watch, I watch real sports like curling
FIFY
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

Didnt watch, I watch real sports like curling
FIFY
Dude, don't diss curling. I'm fine with all the banter knocking the Sixers and such, but when you start dissing curling it really pisses me off. #shusterisagod #curlingrocks
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Curling is a better sport than the NBA

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

So we end up with 1 v 2 in the East and 1 v 3 in the West (3 was one game worse than 2). Shocking. I guess you're glad you didn't take that bet Ganny.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

93henfan wrote:How about that last shot though? That was awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a game-winner bounce four times on the rim before going in. That was sick.
Somewhere, I'm sure Paul George is saying it was a "bad shot". :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Toronto is now officially the reach in Philly's chest and rip out its heart city, between last night and Joe Carter.

I'm glad they don't field an NFL football team. Sheesh.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:Toronto is now officially the reach in Philly's chest and rip out its heart city, between last night and Joe Carter.

their hockey team hasn't won for a while.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
93henfan wrote:Toronto is now officially the reach in Philly's chest and rip out its heart city, between last night and Joe Carter.

their hockey team hasn't won for a while.
The Flyers have dominated the Leafs in the playoffs. Flyers won the series in 75, 76, 77, 03 and 04. Leafs won in 99 and that was only because that faggot Lindros wanted his boyhood favorite team to win.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:So we end up with 1 v 2 in the East and 1 v 3 in the West (3 was one game worse than 2). Shocking. I guess you're glad you didn't take that bet Ganny.
I don't recall there even being a bet to be taken. You're the one defending parity at all cost, I actually like good teams playing like good teams. Both the 2v3 series went to game 7's and were great series to watch - why is that a bad thing that the 7 and 8 seeds weren't still alive? #regularseasonsmatter #imusinghashtags #alottodayhaveunoticed
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018-19 NBA Basketball Thread

Post by clenz »

UNI88 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Granted, Khwai is great and he made an incredible shot at the end. But there's no excuse for all of the offensive rebounds Toronto had (Toronto had something like 24 extra shots than the Sixers), there's no reason for the bad offense late in the game (think there were three straight possessions where the Sixers didn't get a shot off), and there's no reason for the Sixers not to win that game. I'm all in favor of Brown being shown the door. But at this point, I think you need to do what you can to sign Jimmy and Tobias, just to see what you get from them from a whole year having this thing together. Toronto won't be anything next year, Boston will be far weaker, and we'll have to see if KD comes to the Knicks and makes them something. Tough loss, especially when it was there for the win.
What you have in Janie Butler is a guy who comes off as a gritty, hard-nosed team player but is really a slow developing cancer.

This here. I wasn't going to say anything but since it was brought up.

He will become a cancer. He will cause issues.

I noticed yesterday watching the game - late in the 4th - during time outs Joel wanted to be no where near Butler. He sat 3 seats away while the rest of the time was huddled tightly. When he wasn't by Jimmy he was closer to the team.

Don't care for the personality of either one. It's a situation waiting to explode.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018-19 NBA Basketball Thread

Post by 93henfan »

clenz wrote:
UNI88 wrote:What you have in Janie Butler is a guy who comes off as a gritty, hard-nosed team player but is really a slow developing cancer.

This here. I wasn't going to say anything but since it was brought up.

He will become a cancer. He will cause issues.

I noticed yesterday watching the game - late in the 4th - during time outs Joel wanted to be no where near Butler. He sat 3 seats away while the rest of the time was huddled tightly. When he wasn't by Jimmy he was closer to the team.

Don't care for the personality of either one. It's a situation waiting to explode.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Agreed. I was hoping the process would be a better one. I don't trust it. I'm glad I haven't invested more than one hour total on the NBA this season.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote:So we end up with 1 v 2 in the East and 1 v 3 in the West (3 was one game worse than 2). Shocking. I guess you're glad you didn't take that bet Ganny.
I don't recall there even being a bet to be taken. You're the one defending parity at all cost, I actually like good teams playing like good teams. Both the 2v3 series went to game 7's and were great series to watch - why is that a bad thing that the 7 and 8 seeds weren't still alive? #regularseasonsmatter #imusinghashtags #alottodayhaveunoticed
I'm guessing you are suppressing a lot of this discussion due to how badly you've performed on the two threads.
89Hen wrote:As for NBA second round... would you wager on either #1 team losing in the conference semis? Would you wager on even two of the four #1 or 2's losing?
"Parity at all cost" is something you made up. I've been clear from the start... I like when #1's win and when there are upsets. You know, like what happens in the NHL. It does NOT happen in the NBA.

2019 playoffs in the NHL are probably too many upsets but I'd rather have that once in a while than NEVER having upsets.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
2019 playoffs in the NHL are probably too many upsets but I'd rather have that once in a while than NEVER having upsets.
Whoa, talk about a shocker there - never thought that 89 would ever utter that phrase. Wow. :shock:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote:
Whoa, talk about a shocker there - never thought that 89 would ever utter that phrase. Wow. :shock:
Still suppressing.
89Hen wrote:Given a choice of the two, I'd take the NHL every day of the week.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: FIFY
Dude, don't diss curling. I'm fine with all the banter knocking the Sixers and such, but when you start dissing curling it really pisses me off. #shusterisagod #curlingrocks
Only Canadians and Montanadians like curling. :tothehand: