NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

What is the GOTW?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:01 am

Vikings @ Rams
2
15%
Bucs @ Bears
0
No votes
Eagles @ Titans
3
23%
Dolphins @ Patriots
2
15%
Ravens @ Steelers
3
23%
Chiefs @ Broncos
3
23%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52973
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 93henfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:01 am

Better matchups this week. Upped the choices to six.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52973
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 93henfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:05 am

I went homer. Genuinely interested in the matchup.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12894
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby GannonFan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:09 am

Me too, Eagles just more interesting and the Vikings falling like they did to Buffalo makes the matchup on Thursday in LA far less interesting.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33214
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 89Hen » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:12 am

Ravens/Steelers... best rivalry in football right now.
Image

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12894
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby GannonFan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:40 am

89Hen wrote:Ravens/Steelers... best rivalry in football right now.


For a Ravens or Steelers fan, maybe. No problem with a homer vote, but call it for what it is. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33214
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 89Hen » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:17 pm

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote:Ravens/Steelers... best rivalry in football right now.


For a Ravens or Steelers fan, maybe. No problem with a homer vote, but call it for what it is. :thumb:

What rivalry is better on a national level? Honest question.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23716
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby Gil Dobie » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:25 pm

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
For a Ravens or Steelers fan, maybe. No problem with a homer vote, but call it for what it is. :thumb:

What rivalry is better on a national level? Honest question.


Ravens would have been about the 10th team I would have thought of as a rivalry for the Steelers. :lol:

Cowboys anyone
Packers Bears
New England Miami
just to start with.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52973
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 93henfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:43 pm

89Hen wrote:Ravens/Steelers... best rivalry in football right now.


:nod: That was why I upped it to six games this week. Always a bloodbath. Hardest hitting during the regular season every year. So much hate.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52973
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 93henfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote:What rivalry is better on a national level? Honest question.


Ravens would have been about the 10th team I would have thought of as a rivalry for the Steelers. :lol:

Cowboys anyone
Packers Bears
New England Miami
just to start with.


You haven't spent much time in Baltimore or Pittsburgh I'd wager. The buzz is real on Black and Purple weeks around those towns. I really got to experience that for the five years I worked in Annapolis.
Last edited by 93henfan on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23716
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby Gil Dobie » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:46 pm

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote:Ravens/Steelers... best rivalry in football right now.


:nod: That was why I upped it to six games this week. Always a bloodbath. Hardest hitting during the regular season every year. So much hate.


Never knew it was a big rivalry. :?:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52973
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 93henfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
93henfan wrote:
:nod: That was why I upped it to six games this week. Always a bloodbath. Hardest hitting during the regular season every year. So much hate.


Never knew it was a big rivalry. :?:


Think about it from a Baltimore fan perspective. They have no hockey or basketball team. They only have the Triple-A Orioles in baseball. The Ravens are their only hope, and they came over a decade after the Colts skipped town and Baltimorons lost all hope. The Ravens were like Jesus beaming back down, and they arrived just as Ripken was retiring and Angelos was destroying the Os.

Meanwhile, the Steelers fans watched the Browns move to Baltimore, put on different uniforms, and suddenly start winning Super Bowls.
Last edited by 93henfan on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23716
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby Gil Dobie » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:58 pm

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Never knew it was a big rivalry. :?:


Think about it from a Baltimore fan perspective. They have no hockey or basketball team. They only have the Triple-A Orioles in baseball. The Ravens are their only hope, and they came over a decade after the Colts skipped town and Baltimorons lost all hope. The Ravens were like Jesus beaming back down, and they arrived just as Ripken was retiring and DeAngelos was destroying the Os.

Meanwhile, the Steelers fans watched the Browns move to Baltimore, put on different uniforms, and suddenly start winning Super Bowls.


Still more on a Baltimore scale than a national scale.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52973
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 93henfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:01 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Think about it from a Baltimore fan perspective. They have no hockey or basketball team. They only have the Triple-A Orioles in baseball. The Ravens are their only hope, and they came over a decade after the Colts skipped town and Baltimorons lost all hope. The Ravens were like Jesus beaming back down, and they arrived just as Ripken was retiring and DeAngelos was destroying the Os.

Meanwhile, the Steelers fans watched the Browns move to Baltimore, put on different uniforms, and suddenly start winning Super Bowls.


Still more on a Baltimore scale than a national scale.


Ray Lewis and Ben Roethlisberger had a pretty national reach I'd say. Every kid in America was trying to perfect the Ray Ray intro dance ten years ago.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23716
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby Gil Dobie » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:04 pm

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Still more on a Baltimore scale than a national scale.


Ray Lewis and Ben Roethlisberger had a pretty national reach I'd say. Every kid in America was trying to perfect the Ray Ray intro dance ten years ago.


How was your Ray Ray dance?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52973
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 93henfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Ray Lewis and Ben Roethlisberger had a pretty national reach I'd say. Every kid in America was trying to perfect the Ray Ray intro dance ten years ago.


How was your Ray Ray dance?


I'm white.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5737
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby UNI88 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Think about it from a Baltimore fan perspective. They have no hockey or basketball team. They only have the Triple-A Orioles in baseball. The Ravens are their only hope, and they came over a decade after the Colts skipped town and Baltimorons lost all hope. The Ravens were like Jesus beaming back down, and they arrived just as Ripken was retiring and DeAngelos was destroying the Os.

Meanwhile, the Steelers fans watched the Browns move to Baltimore, put on different uniforms, and suddenly start winning Super Bowls.


Still more on a Baltimore scale than a national scale.


I'm with 93 on this one. Steelers/Ravens used to be a slobberknocker that was fun to watch. It's lost its luster with the Ravens and Frosted Joe slipping over the last several years though.

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2491
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby css75 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:46 pm

Broncos-Chiefs


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23065
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby Ivytalk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:38 am

89Hen wrote:Ravens/Steelers... best rivalry in football right now.


I will agree that this is the best game of the week. Best rivalry in football? Bears-Packers and Eagles-Cowboys come to mind.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12894
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby GannonFan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:52 am

93henfan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Still more on a Baltimore scale than a national scale.


Ray Lewis and Ben Roethlisberger had a pretty national reach I'd say. Every kid in America was trying to perfect the Ray Ray intro dance ten years ago.


Ray Lewis hasn't played football since 2013. Yeah, when both teams were really good this was a really good game. But 4-5 years does not a "best rivalry in the NFL" make. Just saying. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52973
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 93henfan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:03 am

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Ray Lewis and Ben Roethlisberger had a pretty national reach I'd say. Every kid in America was trying to perfect the Ray Ray intro dance ten years ago.


Ray Lewis hasn't played football since 2013. Yeah, when both teams were really good this was a really good game. But 4-5 years does not a "best rivalry in the NFL" make. Just saying. :coffee:


So when was the last 4-5 years that the Packers and Bears or the Eagles and Cowboys were both playoff teams at the same time?

I submit that Steelers-Ravens is far more of a meaningful rivalry this millennium.

Packers-Bears circa Gayle Sayers era? Sure.

Eagles-Cowboys 1979-1982? Sure.

That's a long time ago.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12894
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby GannonFan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:16 am

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Ray Lewis hasn't played football since 2013. Yeah, when both teams were really good this was a really good game. But 4-5 years does not a "best rivalry in the NFL" make. Just saying. :coffee:


So when was the last 4-5 years that the Packers and Bears or the Eagles and Cowboys were both playoff teams at the same time?

I submit that Steelers-Ravens is far more of a meaningful rivalry this millennium.

Packers-Bears circa Gayle Sayers era? Sure.

Eagles-Cowboys 1979-1982? Sure.

That's a long time ago.


Doesn't matter if the cowboys are good or not, and yes, they haven't been good since Clinton was in the White House. But a good rivalry needs an awful, hated, piece of waste team on the other side of the rivalry and the cowboys fit that bill perfectly. The fact that they've sucked for so long (thanks Jerry!!) just makes it even better.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34398
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby CAA Flagship » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:22 am

Redskins have a bye in Week 4.
So they play 3 games and get a bye week, then play 13 straight weeks.
Stupid fucking scheduling. :ohno: :ohno:

IMO, all byes should be between Week 7 through Week 12.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33214
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby 89Hen » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:41 am

Ivytalk wrote:
89Hen wrote:Ravens/Steelers... best rivalry in football right now.


I will agree that this is the best game of the week. Best rivalry in football? Bears-Packers and Eagles-Cowboys come to mind.

Bears haven't been relevant consistently in a long time (1 trip to the playoffs in the last 10+ years) and the Eagles aren't even the Cowboys #1 rival. Both in the discussion, but not current.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23716
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby Gil Dobie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:21 am

Relevance doesn't matter in a rivalry game. People can conveniently pick 5 years here or 10 years there, but playing 197 games against each other with a 97-94-6 record in the rivalry, that's all that needs to be said. I'm sure there must be a rivalry between the Steelers and Ravens, at least according to the ECB guys, but that sounds similar to the Packers vs Vikings rivalry, very fierce, but that's only 116 games, 60-53-3. Steelers vs Ravens is whopping 48 games, Steelers leading 27-21.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12894
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL Game of the Week - Week 4

Postby GannonFan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:26 am

89Hen wrote: the Eagles aren't even the Cowboys #1 rival. Both in the discussion, but not current.


We just hate them so much more it makes up for the feigned lack of enthusiasm on their side. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chizzang and 40 guests