NFL Wildcard Weekend Playoff pick 'em...

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Pick the winner straight-up

Poll ended at Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Eagles
9%
Bears
17%
Seahawks
19%
Cowboys
6%
Colts
7%
Texans
17%
Chargers
19%
Ravens
7%

Total votes: 54

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Playoff pick 'em...

Post by 93henfan »

93henfan wrote:
Vidav wrote:

Ah, the last millennium. Got it. :rofl:

Eagles are at 4 then.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:The broadcast crew missed it, but the Eagles' Treyvon Hester tipped the missed FG by the Bears' Cody Parkey:
Upon further review.................The Bears Still Suck. :nod: :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:
93henfan wrote:The broadcast crew missed it, but the Eagles' Treyvon Hester tipped the missed FG by the Bears' Cody Parkey:
I'm not so sure. They were holding up pretty damn well and it was only a tipped FG that cost them the game. The Bears were impressive.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
I'm not so sure. They were holding up pretty damn well and it was only a tipped FG that cost them the game. The Bears were impressive.
Not talking about their play on the field, talking trash about them as a rival.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I'm not so sure. They were holding up pretty damn well and it was only a tipped FG that cost them the game. The Bears were impressive.
Not talking about their play on the field, talking trash about them as a rival.
:lol: My mistake....

Then yeah. Them and the Cowgirls can EAD.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

93henfan wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Eagles are at 4 then.
This goes back to my preseason question. If the Cowboys win it this year what will the Eagles fans find to shit on us about? You wont have the "what have you done lately" argument anymore.

Also no one cares about NFL championships prior to the Super Bowl, except teams who only/mostly have them. It was a different league and a different game then. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:I'm not so sure. They were holding up pretty damn well and it was only a tipped FG that cost them the game. The Bears were impressive.
Only? Not the Eagles INT overturned, not the dropped INT in the endzone that allowed the Bears 3, not the personal foul on 3rd down that kept a dead drive alive and got the Bears 3, not the hands to the face on 3rd down that kept a drive alive, not the 2 point conversion that would have stood had they called it good... the Bears were quite lucky to be in that game IMO.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Vidav wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Eagles are at 4 then.
This goes back to my preseason question. If the Cowboys win it this year what will the Eagles fans find to shit on us about? You wont have the "what have you done lately" argument anymore.

Also no one cares about NFL championships prior to the Super Bowl, except teams who only/mostly have them. It was a different league and a different game then. :coffee:
Yeah, agreed. That's how I feel about Super Bowls from 23 seasons ago.

People who can actually remember a Cowboys Super Bowl are pushing 30 or older now. :lol:
Last edited by 93henfan on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I'm not so sure. They were holding up pretty damn well and it was only a tipped FG that cost them the game. The Bears were impressive.
Only? Not the Eagles INT overturned, not the dropped INT in the endzone that allowed the Bears 3, not the personal foul on 3rd down that kept a dead drive alive and got the Bears 3, not the hands to the face on 3rd down that kept a drive alive, not the 2 point conversion that would have stood had they called it good... the Bears were quite lucky to be in that game IMO.
I wasn't taking the totality of the game into account, just the last offensive play.

But still, the Bears weren't getting kicked around all evening. They last 70-90 seconds of the game were the most exciting. The pass rush of the Bears is sick and the Eagles were lucky to have Foles as QB, someone that does a far better job than Wentz at avoiding a sack. :twocents: It was their Defence (the bears) that kept them in that game. :twocents: Did you watch Q1-3? Trubinsky was awful. It was a brutal game.

It was better than the Chargers and Baltimore. My god was that a dull game.
Last edited by Ibanez on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:
89Hen wrote: Only? Not the Eagles INT overturned, not the dropped INT in the endzone that allowed the Bears 3, not the personal foul on 3rd down that kept a dead drive alive and got the Bears 3, not the hands to the face on 3rd down that kept a drive alive, not the 2 point conversion that would have stood had they called it good... the Bears were quite lucky to be in that game IMO.
I wasn't taking the totality of the game into account, just the last offensive play.

But still, the Bears weren't getting kicked around all evening. They last 70-90 seconds of the game were the most exciting.

I missed the Ravens game thankfully.

But I disagree that the "Bears were impressive"... home against an Eagles team that barely eked into the playoffs... I was very underwhelmed by the Bears. Honestly it should have been at least 13-3 Eagles at the half and 20-3 after 3.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I wasn't taking the totality of the game into account, just the last offensive play.

But still, the Bears weren't getting kicked around all evening. They last 70-90 seconds of the game were the most exciting.

I missed the Ravens game thankfully.

But I disagree that the "Bears were impressive"... home against an Eagles team that barely eked into the playoffs... I was very underwhelmed by the Bears. Honestly it should have been at least 13-3 Eagles at the half and 20-3 after 3.
Yeah, the Ravens game was a snoozer.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
This goes back to my preseason question. If the Cowboys win it this year what will the Eagles fans find to **** on us about? You wont have the "what have you done lately" argument anymore.

People who can actually remember a Cowboys Super Bowl are pushing 30 or older now. :lol:
Agreed. Heck, the cowboys have won all of 4 playoff games since that last Super Bowl (so about 1 every 6.93 years), and all 4 games have come in the Wild Card Round, so it's not like, even with the absence of Super Bowl wins in that past 23 years, that the cowboys have been competitive deep into postseasons.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

https://youtu.be/avRHH9uAL4Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:
Vidav wrote:

:lol: I remember that game, 1996. Aikman, Smith, Walker..Irvin doing coke on the sidelines and stabbing people in the neck with scissors. :coffee:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Pleasant Midwesterners. :lol:

NSFW language
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Vidav wrote:
css75 wrote:NFC East gone after Rams and Saints dispose of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cowboys D will easily win this game. :nod:
Yes, I'm picking the Cowboys, but don't call this one a done deal yet. Two reasons:

1. Cooper Kupp.

2. The crazy special teams overseen by my favorite UOP teammate, John Fassel.

While I DO believe that my Cowboys will win, if they get slack in these two areas, it could be a long day for America's Team in L.A.....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Agreed. Heck, the cowboys have won all of 4 playoff games since that last Super Bowl (so about 1 every 6.93 years), and all 4 games have come in the Wild Card Round, so it's not like, even with the absence of Super Bowl wins in that past 23 years, that the cowboys have been competitive deep into postseasons.
You are totally right. One Super Bowl win is 1000000x better than five, because it happened more recently. You would obviously feel the same way if the situations were reversed. :roll:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Vidav wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
You are totally right. One Super Bowl win is 1000000x better than five, because it happened more recently. You would obviously feel the same way if the situations were reversed. :roll:
Things fade with time, including memories. I was alive for both the Flyers Stanley Cup wins (2 of them) and the last time the Sixers won (in 1983). They don't matter to me because they were so long ago. They're nice that they won them, but they're little more than footnotes in history now. Give me the past 20 years and even some of the distant ones have little relevance anymore. Do you think Browns fans are still stalking message boards declaring the awesomeness of Otto Graham? :rofl:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
Things fade with time, including memories. I was alive for both the Flyers Stanley Cup wins (2 of them) and the last time the Sixers won (in 1983). They don't matter to me because they were so long ago. They're nice that they won them, but they're little more than footnotes in history now. Give me the past 20 years and even some of the distant ones have little relevance anymore. Do you think Browns fans are still stalking message boards declaring the awesomeness of Otto Graham? :rofl:
I don't know...the Bears are still boasting about 1985.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I don't know...the Bears are still boasting about 1985.
And it gets sadder and sadder every year.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I don't know...the Bears are still boasting about 1985.
Just saying, if the Cowboys win another one this year or in the next 5 years or whatever, it shows continued success in different eras. The Eagles have one good year to boast about. But you guys will still try to find a reason to shit on the Cowboys. Because Philly.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Vidav wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Just saying, if the Cowboys win another one this year or in the next 5 years or whatever, it shows continued success in different eras. The Eagles have one good year to boast about. But you guys will still try to find a reason to shit on the Cowboys. Because Philly.
Success in different eras? How about championships in three different decades and trips to the Superbowl in two other decades? How about being the only team to beat the Lombardi Packers in the postseason?

You can't have it both ways. You can't say "old championships don't count" and then count how many old championships you have, but only after 1966. :lol: How many rules are you going to layer into your argument? C'mon, man.

Let's just say the Cowboys were better than the Eagles in the 1970s and the 1990s. I don't think GF and I will disagree with that. The Eagles were better in the 1960s, 1980s, 2000s, and 2010s. Deal?
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

93henfan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
Success in different eras? How about championships in three different decades and trips to the Superbowl in two other decades? How about being the only team to beat the Lombardi Packers in the postseason?

You can't have it both ways. You can't say "old championships don't count" and then count how many old championships you have, but only after 1966. :lol: How many rules are you going to layer into your argument? C'mon, man.

Let's just say the Cowboys were better than the Eagles in the 1970s and the 1990s. I don't think GF and I will disagree with that. The Eagles were better in the 1960s, 1980s, 2000s, and 2010s. Deal?
No one cares about the pre Super Bowl championships. That isn't me, that is just reality. I mentioned different eras because the 90s didn't have a salary cap so things were different. My argument is this, in Super Bowl years, the Cowboys are much better than the Eagles. There is no arguing that.

But you guys like to lean on "what have you done for me lately" so, ignore everything else. If the Cowboys win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years, what will you use to shit on them?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Vidav wrote:If the Cowboys win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years, what will you use to shit on them?
Win one this millennium and we'll talk.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

93henfan wrote:
Vidav wrote:If the Cowboys win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years, what will you use to shit on them?
Win one this millennium and we'll talk.
So just to be clear. If the Eagles had 20 Lombardi Trophies but none more recent than 19 years ago, you would think they were trash?